Photography contest - popular vote

    Share
    avatar
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2728
    Age : 50
    Location : Colorado springs, colorado
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by TheAvatar on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:36 pm

    My wife took a picture which won a Novice award in a DND photography contest. It is now being up for the People's choice award.

    If you're interested, see the link below and vote for "UNDER THE DOME"; that's her picture. Thanks for your support.

    https://www.cfmws.com/en/AboutUs/PSP/recreation/DND%20Photography%20Contest%202012/Pages/PhotoVote.aspx
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24717
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:42 pm

    TheAvatar wrote:My wife took a picture which won a Novice award in a DND photography contest. It is now being up for the People's choice award.

    If you're interested, see the link below and vote for "UNDER THE DOME"; that's her picture. Thanks for your support.

    https://www.cfmws.com/en/AboutUs/PSP/recreation/DND%20Photography%20Contest%202012/Pages/PhotoVote.aspx
    We'll have to talk about it at Jack's Pub or Berrigan's/
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16087
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:44 pm

    Done and done. Although "Cowboy Bites the Dust" is stiff competition.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by shabbs on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:46 pm

    Great shot! Too bad she shoots with a Nikon...

    CANON FTW!!!!!!
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by shabbs on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:50 pm

    And yes, I voted for her.
    avatar
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2728
    Age : 50
    Location : Colorado springs, colorado
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by TheAvatar on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:51 pm

    shabbs wrote:Great shot! Too bad she shoots with a Nikon...

    CANON FTW!!!!!!
    LOL ... too late to switch now; accessory investment too large Smile
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24717
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:51 pm

    shabbs wrote:And yes, I voted for her.
    See you at Berrigan's for a victory beer.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by shabbs on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:52 pm

    TheAvatar wrote:
    shabbs wrote:Great shot! Too bad she shoots with a Nikon...

    CANON FTW!!!!!!
    LOL ... too late to switch now; accessory investment too large Smile
    Heh. I hear ya. Those f/2.8 zoom lenses ain't cheap yo...

    avatar
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2728
    Age : 50
    Location : Colorado springs, colorado
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by TheAvatar on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:53 pm

    Where's Berrigan's?
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24717
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:54 pm

    TheAvatar wrote:Where's Berrigan's?
    Lancaster.
    avatar
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2728
    Age : 50
    Location : Colorado springs, colorado
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by TheAvatar on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:54 pm

    shabbs wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:
    shabbs wrote:Great shot! Too bad she shoots with a Nikon...

    CANON FTW!!!!!!
    LOL ... too late to switch now; accessory investment too large Smile
    Heh. I hear ya. Those f/2.8 zoom lenses ain't cheap yo...

    Haven't bought one of those yet. Largest investment to date (for accessories) is the 10-24.

    We're considering going to the MontrealCameraShow.com this week-end though
    avatar
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2728
    Age : 50
    Location : Colorado springs, colorado
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by TheAvatar on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:55 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:Where's Berrigan's?
    Lancaster.
    Is that the "off track bet" bar right in front of the grocery store?
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24717
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:56 pm

    TheAvatar wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    TheAvatar wrote:Where's Berrigan's?
    Lancaster.
    Is that the "off track bet" bar right in front of the grocery store?
    Correct.
    avatar
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2728
    Age : 50
    Location : Colorado springs, colorado
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by TheAvatar on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:00 pm

    I have never, ever been there. When I go to the pub, I go to Jack's pub in Williamstown. How is Berrigan's ? Divey or not?
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24717
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:03 pm

    TheAvatar wrote:I have never, ever been there. When I go to the pub, I go to Jack's pub in Williamstown. How is Berrigan's ? Divey or not?
    I've honestly been to neither. I just drive by. Have you been to Big Luke's yet? Have you had cheese from the cheese place?!?!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Photography contest - popular vote

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri May 26, 2017 5:09 am