General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by shabbs on Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:28 pm

wprager wrote:Talk turned to who is better -- PK or Subban.
    Heh - now there's a thrilling discussion...

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48677
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:45 pm

shabbs wrote:
    wprager wrote:Talk turned to who is better -- PK or Subban.
    Heh - now there's a thrilling discussion...

OMG, I need that coffee.

PK or Karlsson, of course.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:49 pm

Or "EK or Subban"....
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13743
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:10 pm

when Karlsson wins the Noris on a team that is doing worse then the habs we'll shut that discussion once and for all.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21266
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:09 pm

wprager wrote:
    LeKing wrote:He was fine, he was physical, got an assist, screened the goalie on another goal he has his role.

One assist playing in the top-six of a 7-2 games is "not much".

You're exactly that type of guy who would overrate mantha
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    LeKing wrote:He was fine, he was physical, got an assist, screened the goalie on another goal he has his role.

One assist playing in the top-six of a 7-2 games is "not much".

You're exactly that type of guy who would overrate mantha

What the hell? Did I say I was disappointed or that he was a bust? Just reporting a simple fact that he did not do much.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:16 pm

That's false though as le kid stated
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Ev wrote:That's false though as le kid stated

Did you (or le kid) watch the game? Despite the score, I was not impressed with the Canadian squad, and of that squad I did not see much from Lazar that stood out. I did not see him being particularly physical, he certainly did not light it up. Mind you, what do I really care about this tournament? I guess nothing. Stone certainly lit it up last year and then what? They still lost, and he is still in Bingo. But at least Sens' prospects did us proud that year.

Yes, I realize the tournament has barely started and I didn't expect Lazar to score a hattrick or pot the OT winner in a medal game, but he did not really stand out on a team that, to me, could have been better.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16821
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:06 am

Any team can put up a dud game or two early in this tournament. And they still scored 7 goals. They'll have to be much better if they want gold.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:35 am

tim1_2 wrote:Any team can put up a dud game or two early in this tournament. And they still scored 7 goals. They'll have to be much better if they want gold.

Agree with all that, especially the part about having to be much better.

I did not watch the Sweden-Switzerland game but the score was an eye-opener. Unless I am mistaken, that was Sweden's A lineup (were there any last-minute roster changes?) 5-3 is too close for comfort for the host team and the #1 contender for the gold (according to everything that's been written). Is that the same Swiss team that Canada beat 4-1? Team USA looked pretty good with an easy 5-1 win over the Czechs. And then there's Russia destroying Norway 11-0. But they didn't even get 30 shots on goal, so wonder what the game would have been like with better goaltending.

Weird tournament, so far.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Post by shabbs on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:41 am

This tourney is always a bit weird with so few "top" teams. The gap between the top and bottom is huge. The New Year's Eve game vs USA will be the first real test for Canada.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:28 am

shabbs wrote:This tourney is always a bit weird with so few "top" teams. The gap between the top and bottom is huge. The New Year's Eve game vs USA will be the first real test for Canada.

Anyone excited about TSN's doubleheader -- Slovakia/Germany on now and Finland-Norway in two hours' time?

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:41 am

Slovakia up 3-0 in the 1st over Germany.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:45 am

shabbs wrote:This tourney is always a bit weird with so few "top" teams. The gap between the top and bottom is huge. The New Year's Eve game vs USA will be the first real test for Canada.

And by "New Year's Eve", you mean "New Year's Eve Day at 11:30am". Cussing Europe.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:49 am

There's no physicality because of the big ice and soft reffing
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:13 am

Phaneuf may have signed an extension.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:32 am

shabbs wrote:Slovakia up 3-0 in the 1st over Germany.

How impressive is that 7-2 win over Germany now that Slovakia smoked them 9-2?

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:40 pm

Dupuis might miss the rest of the season...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bylsma-dupuis-could-miss-rest-of-the-season/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:27 pm