You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
HA! That would be delicious.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:ya it's a lot tougher in the west with pitts and Boston being the only real threat in the east.

I'm looking forward to seeing who the upsets are!

I hope the sharks win the cup. (maybe then will Boyle be satisfied?)
i wouldn't bet any money on it.  

Philly just beat the Penguins in a home-and-home, then beat the Hawks. They are really rounding into form.

Boston has won 10 in a row but look at the competition they faced in that stretch -- sure, some decent teams, but Florida x2, Carolina, Washington, Habs and Rangers before their bad spells were broken by Ottawa.

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The Leafs currently have a 5 point cushion, but that can evaporate quickly if the keep losing. If Bernier comes back soon, though, that could right the ship. Last night Reimer was pretty bad.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
How amazing would it be if Toronto needed to beat Ottawa the last game of the season to make the playoffs?  Honestly if Ottawa knocked out Toronto that IMO is as good as a first round playoff exit, maybe better.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:How amazing would it be if Toronto needed to beat Ottawa the last game of the season to make the playoffs?  Honestly if Ottawa knocked out Toronto that IMO is as good as a first round playoff exit, maybe better.

Not as far as The Euge's wallet is concerned, but yeah, it'd be the lone bright spot after a very dark season.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NEELY wrote:How amazing would it be if Toronto needed to beat Ottawa the last game of the season to make the playoffs?  Honestly if Ottawa knocked out Toronto that IMO is as good as a first round playoff exit, maybe better.
That would be epic. If the Leafs keep losing in regulation, they may be in that situation... big game on Saturday vs Montreal for them.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:How amazing would it be if Toronto needed to beat Ottawa the last game of the season to make the playoffs?  Honestly if Ottawa knocked out Toronto that IMO is as good as a first round playoff exit, maybe better.
That would be epic. If the Leafs keep losing in regulation, they may be in that situation... big game on Saturday vs Montreal for them.

So we can watch the Ottawa/Dallas game in the afternoon (or not), and then enjoy a meaningful hockey game between two teams that give a Dung. Sign me up.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Check out this dandy stat from TSN:

Since acquiring Scrivens, Oilers have gone from NHL's worst team SP (.889 Games 1-49) to NHL's best team SP (.930 Games 50-70)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Check out this dandy stat from TSN:

Since acquiring Scrivens, Oilers have gone from NHL's worst team SP (.889 Games 1-49) to NHL's best team SP (.930 Games 50-70)

Holy Dung. Says a lot about what a real goaltender can do for a team, but that's still eye-popping.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'm shocked, I still can't get over that stat. Wow.  Confused! 

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
There's probably a variety of factors in play at Edmonton's improved save %, with Scrivens only being one part. Teams at the bottom tend to play a little better in the last couple months of the season, as they don't feel much pressure.

But yeah, big improvement. Scrivens' numbers have been really good. Edmonton's gone 5-4 this month, so that's a big improvement too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm shocked, I still can't get over that stat.  Wow.   Confused! 

Unfortunately what it means is that, instead of losing by 3+ they lose by 2+. It's a step in the right direction, but they are still quite a few steps short.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm shocked, I still can't get over that stat.  Wow.   Confused! 

Unfortunately what it means is that, instead of losing by 3+ they lose by 2+. It's a step in the right direction, but they are still quite a few steps short.

Edmonton's gone 5-4 this month so far. But I would attribute that, at least partially, to the fact that basement teams typically play a little better at the end of the season...I guess they try to salvage some self-rispeck.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm shocked, I still can't get over that stat.  Wow.   Confused! 

Unfortunately what it means is that, instead of losing by 3+ they lose by 2+.  It's a step in the right direction, but they are still quite a few steps short.

Edmonton's gone 5-4 this month so far.  But I would attribute that, at least partially, to the fact that basement teams typically play a little better at the end of the season...I guess they try to salvage some self-rispeck.

One of the 5 was Ottawa. So, basically, a soft schedule.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
alfie with a 2 goal night. we got rid of the wrong player in the off season....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Conacher had a good night too...

And Bishop beats us...

Man, rough night for Sens fans.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Alfie's winner last night was with 0.6s left on the clock in a tie game... holy cow. Pitt got burned.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
I'm pulling for Detroit and New York to hopefully push the Leafs out of the playoffs.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum