GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Nashville Predators | 7:00pm ET | Sat. Jan 11th, 2014

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20775
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Re: GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Nashville Predators | 7:00pm ET | Sat. Jan 11th, 2014

Post by Ev on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:17 am

wprager wrote:
    Ev wrote:Best game of zibbys career. Dat skill and power moves

And that shot in the shootout -- that was Silf-like.

Seemed like a normal shot to me

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47682
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Nashville Predators | 7:00pm ET | Sat. Jan 11th, 2014

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:43 am

Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Ev wrote:Best game of zibbys career. Dat skill and power moves

And that shot in the shootout -- that was Silf-like.

Seemed like a normal shot to me

He came in skating quite slowly but then had a wicked fast release.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:47 am

wprager wrote:
    shabbs wrote:Bad bad bad penalty by Methot...

I thought it was a very cheap one to call in OT.  
    If he let go earlier, probably would not have bene called, but he held on to the stick for way too long, and right in front of the ref.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24760
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:14 am

wprager wrote:
    Ev wrote:Spezza has been great tonight.

There was that split-second of indecision before he dropped his gloves.  Almost like he wanted the linesemen to be a little closer. #Leadership

Couple O' days away from the Cabin does wonders.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:30 am

shabbs wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    shabbs wrote:Bad bad bad penalty by Methot...

I thought it was a very cheap one to call in OT.  
    If he let go earlier, probably would not have bene called, but he held on to the stick for way too long, and right in front of the ref.

Interference on MacArthur to the side of the Nashville goal earlier was not called so I figured they switched to the OT Rule Book.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:31 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Ev wrote:Spezza has been great tonight.

There was that split-second of indecision before he dropped his gloves.  Almost like he wanted the linesemen to be a little closer. #Leadership

Couple O' days away from the Cabin does wonders.

I was laughing so hard because earlier that night I re-watched the Semin/Staal slapfest and I was afraid it was going to be something like that.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54245
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:59 am

He played well save for a couple of patented giveaways. Now lets get Ryan on a roll.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12928
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:07 pm

wprager wrote:Wings up 3-1 with a minute to go.  They'll be 2 points up on the Sens, again.  Don't think we'll see a playoff spot for a while, yet.  Schedule coming up is not easy.  Mind you, Montreal beat the Hawks, Oil beat the Pens, Columbus beat someone -- that's an accomplishment.

EDIT: Strike that, they just beat Winnipeg.

well I'm not sure the wings make the playoffs. i'm thinking they start sliding after the Olympics. they might lose a few bodies in there.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10038
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:04 pm

Dog Power GDT FTW!
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20775
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:13 pm

Is that your dog?
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:23 pm

Ev wrote:Is that your dog?

Sure isn't. When I lived in Korea, this little guy lived at a nearby restaurant. It was on my walk to school, so I used to stop and say hello to the little guy most days. I took this picture a couple days before I signed up here, and he's been my avatar ever since.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:33 pm

Restaurant in Korea. Dog. Am I the only one getting sad?

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:41 pm

wprager wrote:Restaurant in Korea.  Dog.  Am I the only one getting sad?

Ha. They don't eat pets. This one was a pet. When there's a big dog chained up outside, that's when it's time to worry.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16256
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:12 am

This game was really, really boring, but the result was terrific.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12928
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:48 am

spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:Restaurant in Korea.  Dog.  Am I the only one getting sad?

Ha. They don't eat pets. This one was a pet. When there's a big dog chained up outside, that's when it's time to worry.
    really? they eat dogs in Korea? I've been to countries where they eat dogs and usually it's pretty back door/certain parts of a country. didn't think Korea practiced that.
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:48 am

tim1_2 wrote:This game was really, really boring, but the result was terrific.

Extremely boring. What's worrisome though is after things got chippy, it was the preds who responded well and outshot/outchanced the sens in the third period and in overtime (sens had zero shots in OT). Lucky to have gotten to shootout
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16256
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:04 pm

Michallica wrote:

Extremely boring. What's worrisome though is after things got chippy, it was the preds who responded well and outshot/outchanced the sens in the third period and in overtime (sens had zero shots in OT). Lucky to have gotten to shootout

Until Jason "Destroyer" Spezza straightened them out for taking liberties with Cowen.

Seriously though, I was actually very happy to see Spezza jump in there, even if it was somewhat funny. I went to a rookie tournament at the Bob Guertin arena eons ago, and Spezza absolutely destroyed some other poor kid in a fight.

In the Preds game, it looked like Spezza actually took a big step towards being an on-ice leader, instead of just a skilled centre.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24760
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:08 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Michallica wrote:

Extremely boring.  What's worrisome though is after things got chippy, it was the preds who responded well and outshot/outchanced the sens in the third period and in overtime (sens had zero shots in OT).  Lucky to have gotten to shootout

Until Jason "Destroyer" Spezza straightened them out for taking liberties with Cowen.

Seriously though, I was actually very happy to see Spezza jump in there, even if it was somewhat funny.  I went to a rookie tournament at the Bob Guertin arena eons ago, and Spezza absolutely destroyed some other poor kid in a fight.  

In the Preds game, it looked like Spezza actually took a big step towards being an on-ice leader, instead of just a skilled centre.

I wonder if he took Methot aside to talk to him about his partying ways?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:10 am