The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Share

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20861
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by Ev on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:21 pm

    Karlsson and Alfie on the PP is nice. Miss that.

    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:30 pm

    Ev wrote:Oh great we really need more Cowen bashing even when he's not playing.

    This tourney might be what Karlsson needs this year to go to the next level. He was an emotional wreck with his wife and lover leaving in the same year.

    That's true, I hear the olympic villages are quite the sex haven for the athletes.  Didn't they run out of condoms in london? Now I know why nhl players wanna go so bad  Laugh1

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20861
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by Ev on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:41 pm

    The beds are too small this time around

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by NEELY on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:42 pm

    This tournament will prove just how far away the Sens are because they have the best player in the world on their team. Might also shut some peoples mouths about Spezza who hang onto the argument that he helps Karlsson in any way, shape, or form.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20861
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by Ev on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:44 pm

    He is not the best player in the world lol. Maybe most exciting.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by NEELY on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:51 pm

    Ev wrote:He is not the best player in the world lol. Maybe most exciting.

    Crosby is... IMO Karlsson is 2nd or at least was before his injury. Starting to look like he might be there again. I honestly don't think people in Ottawa really appreciate just how good he truly is.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:58 pm

    NEELY wrote:
    Ev wrote:He is not the best player in the world lol. Maybe most exciting.

    Crosby is... IMO Karlsson is 2nd or at least was before his injury.  Starting to look like he might be there again.  I honestly don't think people in Ottawa really appreciate just how good he truly is.

    Like I said still brainwashed from the expansion days when, win or lose, if you backcheck like a mutha and are good in the community, you're a "star."
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20861
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by Ev on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:03 pm

    NEELY wrote:
    Ev wrote:He is not the best player in the world lol. Maybe most exciting.

    Crosby is... IMO Karlsson is 2nd or at least was before his injury.  Starting to look like he might be there again.  I honestly don't think people in Ottawa really appreciate just how good he truly is.

    All I needed to hear.
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:06 pm

    NEELY wrote:This tournament will prove just how far away the Sens are because they have the best player in the world on their team.  Might also shut some peoples mouths about Spezza who hang onto the argument that he helps Karlsson in any way, shape, or form.

    what? I don't get that line. Not every elite team in the NHL has a country full of all-stars playing for them....so why would sens even with karlsson look anything like team sweden?

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by NEELY on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:10 pm

    There's something to be said for skill... Alfie was appreciated, Karlsson is under appreciated for sure right now so people in the city like skill. Problem is people hate swagger and I think a lot of the Canadian media hates the fact Karlsson is as good as he is but he plays in Ottawa. If he was a Leaf or Hab... Jesus Christ.

    That said I hate guys like Spezza who get by JUST on their talent... it's a waste.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by NEELY on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:13 pm

    Michallica wrote:
    NEELY wrote:This tournament will prove just how far away the Sens are because they have the best player in the world on their team.  Might also shut some peoples mouths about Spezza who hang onto the argument that he helps Karlsson in any way, shape, or form.

    what?  I don't get that line.  Not every elite team in the NHL has a country full of all-stars playing for them....so why would sens even with karlsson look anything like team sweden?

    I meant it in the sense that the Sens currently have perhaps the best player in the world when totally healthy yet they will still struggle to make the playoffs and really push the better teams in the NHL in games that actually matter. Rome wasn't built in a day but when you have Karlsson he needs to be surrounded by a little more talent and not so many grinders. I just really hope the Sens start getting some pieces in place beyond the prospects and younger players because IMO the window for the Sens is however long Karlsson's contract is.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20861
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by Ev on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:16 pm

    Tampa had one of the best players in the world, and the Art Ross winner, and they stunk last year. Now they are in the top of the conference. Things change overnight.

    Karlsson isn't the perfect player. The jury's still out on whether he is a guy who can win you a Cup with his reckless play.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20861
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by Ev on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:19 pm

    Latvia loses 1-0. Diddle you NEELY

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by NEELY on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:20 pm

    Ev wrote:Tampa had one of the best players in the world, and the Art Ross winner, and they stunk last year. Now they are in the top of the conference. Things change overnight.

    Karlsson isn't the perfect player. The jury's still out on whether he is a guy who can win you a Cup with his reckless play.

    Karlsson is 23, lol, there is no jury.  You are right when you say things can change over night but we all know that things in Ottawa change very slowly.  

    Fact: Tampa got rid of the anchor named Lecailvier.  Fact:  Ottawa doesn't have the balls to do the same with Spezza.

    Things can absolutely change but the team actually has to man up and make some tough decisions which the Sens don't do very well. We'll see what the roster looks like to start the year next year but you can all but guarantee if #19 is the captain next year then it will be much of the same.

    You put a team system together where everyone can play 200 feet and play for each other then the Sens will very much be in the fight for the division and conference.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16329
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:23 pm

    I believe EK has 2 goals, just to get back on topic and away from the a Cussing challenged conversation.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by NEELY on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:24 pm

    Ev wrote:Latvia loses 1-0. Diddle you NEELY

    Heard it was a brutal beat too.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20861
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by Ev on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:25 pm

    NEELY wrote:
    Ev wrote:Tampa had one of the best players in the world, and the Art Ross winner, and they stunk last year. Now they are in the top of the conference. Things change overnight.

    Karlsson isn't the perfect player. The jury's still out on whether he is a guy who can win you a Cup with his reckless play.

    Karlsson is 23, lol, there is no jury.  You are right when you say things can change over night but we all know that things in Ottawa change very slowly.  

    Fact: Tampa got rid of the anchor named Lecailvier.  Fact:  Ottawa doesn't have the balls to do the same with Spezza.

    Things can absolutely change but the team actually has to man up and make some tough decisions which the Sens don't do very well.  We'll see what the roster looks like to start the year next year but you can all but guarantee if #19 is the captain next year then it will be much of the same.

    You put a team system together where everyone can play 200 feet and play for each other then the Sens will very much be in the fight for the division and conference.  

    That's a good point even though Lecvalier's contract sucked. They got rid of their captain, once #1 C, once PPG player.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by NEELY on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:26 pm

    Sure did, tough choices, great results. Maybe they don't let him go with a better contract but the results speak for themselves.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:56 pm