You are not connected. Please login or register

The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 35]

76The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Every contender has an easy group. The talent gap is large.

77The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:26 pm

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The only contender that has an easy group is Canada.

78The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:27 pm

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:The only contender that has an easy group is Canada.

Indeed. Could prove to be detrimental, timmer. What say you?

79The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:The only contender that has an easy group is Canada.

Sweden and Russia don't?

80The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:35 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The only contender that has an easy group is Canada.

Indeed. Could prove to be detrimental, timmer. What say you?

Having an easy group is a detriment.

81The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:40 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:Oh Tampa will fizzle, especially Bishop. We already know how to score on him, other teams will too.

Now onto the limpics. Sweden's bottom 6 is turrible compared to Canada and the US.

Eh but in '06 they had some lesser names in the bottom-6 too: Hannula, Axelsson, Samuelsson, Pahlsson (although in fairness he was a sick defensive player). I'm more worried about the defence: for the life of me I don't know why they took Tallinder over Hedman. Hopefully Edler helps things out in that regard.

Also, Sedin and Eriksson have to get it going for them to medal.

82The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:41 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The only contender that has an easy group is Canada.

Indeed. Could prove to be detrimental, timmer. What say you?

Having an easy group is a detriment.  

You nailed it, as usual.

83The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:08 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
asq2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Oh Tampa will fizzle, especially Bishop. We already know how to score on him, other teams will too.

Now onto the limpics. Sweden's bottom 6 is turrible compared to Canada and the US.

Eh but in '06 they had some lesser names in the bottom-6 too: Hannula, Axelsson, Samuelsson, Pahlsson (although in fairness he was a sick defensive player). I'm more worried about the defence: for the life of me I don't know why they took Tallinder over Hedman. Hopefully Edler helps things out in that regard.

Also, Sedin and Eriksson have to get it going for them to medal.

Hedman rustled some jimmies last spring

84The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:The beds are too small this time around

There's always the beach Smile


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

85The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:He is not the best player in the world lol. Maybe most exciting.

Crosby is... IMO Karlsson is 2nd or at least was before his injury.  Starting to look like he might be there again.  I honestly don't think people in Ottawa really appreciate just how good he truly is.

He's back to his old form offensively, and he's being a lot more physical defensively. I'm not quite ready to say he's better than he was before but that may be because he's still getting used to playing more physical -- has to pick his spots.

I don't like Crosby so it's hard for me to think of him as being the best in the world. The way he plays he's also a bit injury prone.

So who knows.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

86The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I dont like lebron doesn't mean he isn't the best basketball player by far

87The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Thought we were talking about hockey. Such a completely different game. So much more involved than pure skill.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

88The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:47 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:He is not the best player in the world lol. Maybe most exciting.

Crosby is... IMO Karlsson is 2nd or at least was before his injury.  Starting to look like he might be there again.  I honestly don't think people in Ottawa really appreciate just how good he truly is.

He's back to his old form offensively, and he's being a lot more physical defensively.  I'm not quite ready to say he's better than he was before but that may be because he's still getting used to playing more physical -- has to pick his spots.  

I don't like Crosby so it's hard for me to think of him as being the best in the world.  The way he plays he's also a bit injury prone.  

So who knows.  

 scratch 

89The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:04 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:I dont like lebron doesn't mean he isn't the best basketball player by far

The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Kraftdinner_Aug15_large

90The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:02 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
GO SLOVAKIA!

91The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:00 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
aaaand they stink

92The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:00 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Now that's a beat down.

93The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 - Page 6 Empty Re: The XXII Olympic Winter Games - Sochi 2014 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:01 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Slovenia is holding their own vs Russia.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum