You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » Central » Colorado Avalanche » Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs"

Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs"

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" Empty Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:42 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I caught Spector's blog on Budaj needing to seriously step up and provide quality goaltending for the Avs, otherwise Spector's speculates the Avs may need to make a move, specifically for an upgrade (albeit an expensive one) in Khabi...

Suddenly, I started thinking, well, would Gerber be an upgrade over Budaj? He certainly comes at half the price of Khabi and then his salary could be off their books in July should they choose to let him walk rather than re-sign Gerber... I just found it strange that nobody thought to suggest that perhaps Gerber would be a welcome change in Colorado...

Thoughts? Should Murray make a few feeler calls?

2Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" Empty Re: Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Gerber is a massive upgrade over Budaj. He's pooping the bed so badly these days, it's not even funny.

3Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" Empty Re: Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:49 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That's what I thought. So why wouldn't they look at the possibility.
Gerber to Colorado for, well, I don't know, a 2nd rounder and we can run with Auld until Elliott is ready...

4Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" Empty Re: Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:50 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran
Cronenbergfan wrote:I caught Spector's blog on Budaj needing to seriously step up and provide quality goaltending for the Avs, otherwise Spector's speculates the Avs may need to make a move, specifically for an upgrade (albeit an expensive one) in Khabi...

Suddenly, I started thinking, well, would Gerber be an upgrade over Budaj? He certainly comes at half the price of Khabi and then his salary could be off their books in July should they choose to let him walk rather than re-sign Gerber... I just found it strange that nobody thought to suggest that perhaps Gerber would be a welcome change in Colorado...

Thoughts? Should Murray make a few feeler calls?

It's an upgrade, but I don't know if it's worth it... I think they would rather go after Khabi and try to get the Hawks to eat some of his salary...

5Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" Empty Re: Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:52 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Cronenbergfan wrote:That's what I thought. So why wouldn't they look at the possibility.
Gerber to Colorado for, well, I don't know, a 2nd rounder and we can run with Auld until Elliott is ready...

Would you feel 100% comfortable with that?

6Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" Empty Re: Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:55 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ask me after the phoenix and boston game...

But the thing is, if we sent Gerber there, what could murray do to replace Gerber?

EDIT: Plus, I know Auld is NOT a starter (at least no one seems to think he is at this point) but when i saw him in nets in game 2 of the season opener, he just looked SO massive in there and his lateral movement was quite good. Plus, you know he's chomping at the bit to usurp Gerber's #1 spot and show the Sens and the entire league that Murray did NOT make a mistake in signing him... I truly believe he's capable of blowing us away! He won't win us a championship, but he can certainly deliver over 20-30 games IMHO. And then that's where Elliott takes over! Smile

7Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" Empty Re: Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:02 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran
Cronenbergfan wrote:Ask me after the phoenix and boston game...

But the thing is, if we sent Gerber there, what could murray do to replace Gerber?

EDIT: Plus, I know Auld is NOT a starter (at least no one seems to think he is at this point) but when i saw him in nets in game 2 of the season opener, he just looked SO massive in there and his lateral movement was quite good. Plus, you know he's chomping at the bit to usurp Gerber's #1 spot and show the Sens and the entire league that Murray did NOT make a mistake in signing him... I truly believe he's capable of blowing us away! He won't win us a championship, but he can certainly deliver over 20-30 games IMHO. And then that's where Elliott takes over! Smile

exactly, Auld isn't going to single-handedly win us hockey games, but I seriously think he has better positioning than Gerber.. The fact that he is so big makes it that opposing forwards actually need to make a move, where as on Gerber they just pick a corner and shoot... Auld makes a lot of saves by just being there.. IMO we have a way better chance to win with Auld in nets than Gerber... He'll make the save he's suppose to make...

8Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" Empty Re: Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
smash88 wrote:
exactly, Auld isn't going to single-handedly win us hockey games, but I seriously think he has better positioning than Gerber.. The fact that he is so big makes it that opposing forwards actually need to make a move, where as on Gerber they just pick a corner and shoot... Auld makes a lot of saves by just being there.. IMO we have a way better chance to win with Auld in nets than Gerber... He'll make the save he's suppose to make...

I think I might agree with this. I like his positioning a lot.

9Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" Empty Re: Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:07 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran
504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

It's hard to be "out of position" when your that big... Smile

10Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" Empty Re: Budaj needs to step up for the "Avs" on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:09 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
smash88 wrote:
504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

It's hard to be "out of position" when your that big... Smile

BINGO!!! 8)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum