GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Breaking Rumours!! » Trade D-Day Speculation » Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014

Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

91Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:33 pm

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Geez, the trade for Legwand - the 3rd becomes a 2nd if the Wings make the playoffs.  The trade keeps getting worse for Detroit lol.

The Name Dropper will never admit it.

92Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:35 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
I think Murray wants to see who plays well this last little bit before giving up guys on his roster or guys in Bingo that are close.

93Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:40 pm

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I like that Murray said he'll re-visit in the summer. I don't care as much about the last 20 games of this season, but I care going forward.

94Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:41 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
A lot is riding on these last 20 games.

95Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
A lot is riding on next year and beyond too. He must have tried to get Stewart, it sounded like he did.

96Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:44 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:I like that Murray said he'll re-visit in the summer.  I don't care as much about the last 20 games of this season, but I care going forward.

Nor I. Those games will only help decide if we make it into the playoffs this year.

97Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:58 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
SpezDispenser wrote:A lot is riding on next year and beyond too.  He must have tried to get Stewart, it sounded like he did.

I would assume he was asking for a D man back and Murray has not made a decision on who he wants to keep and who is moveable. That means Borowiecki, Wiercioch, Cowen, whoever. Also didn't buy him saying that they will go with 8 D men next year and they are ok with that.

98Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:01 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Also, the draft is when all the wheeling and dealing happen. The big question is what they do with Michalek and Hemsky going forward and IMO it is a mistake if you don't sign them to extensions... around 3 years.

99Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:14 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:Also, the draft is when all the wheeling and dealing happen.  The big question is what they do with Michalek and Hemsky going forward and IMO it is a mistake if you don't sign them to extensions... around 3 years.

Chances are pretty good at least one of them will be on the IR at any given point.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Nor I. Those games will only help decide if we make it into the playoffs this year.

We lost to the 29th place team last night. It's awful hard to believe in this team right now, especially with 4 or 5 afternoon games left.

100Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Also, the draft is when all the wheeling and dealing happen.  The big question is what they do with Michalek and Hemsky going forward and IMO it is a mistake if you don't sign them to extensions... around 3 years.

Chances are pretty good at least one of them will be on the IR at any given point.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Nor I. Those games will only help decide if we make it into the playoffs this year.

We lost to the 29th place team last night.  It's awful hard to believe in this team right now, especially with 4 or 5 afternoon games left.

Really? Because this team believes in you, young Hoags.

101Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:22 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Also, the draft is when all the wheeling and dealing happen.  The big question is what they do with Michalek and Hemsky going forward and IMO it is a mistake if you don't sign them to extensions... around 3 years.

Chances are pretty good at least one of them will be on the IR at any given point.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Nor I. Those games will only help decide if we make it into the playoffs this year.

We lost to the 29th place team last night.  It's awful hard to believe in this team right now, especially with 4 or 5 afternoon games left.

Yup maybe... and while there they would still have more goals than Stone, Prince, Peumpel, and Hoffman combined.  Are Hemsky and Michalek the ideal wingers or even top line wingers?  No, I don't think they are but you need depth in the NHL to win and especially the Sens where they are extremely shallow on the wings.  If Stone or whoever else push one of those guys out of the lineup and you are confident he can handle top 6 minutes then awesome but at this point, just no way you can go into next year with Hoffman, Stone, Peumpel, Prince, Da Costa and whoever else in Bingo as your secondary scoring.

Imagine MacArthur and Ryan move on after next season and you don't have Michalek or Hemsky signed... then what?  Stone is your #1 winger of Hoffman.  Don't care how much potential they have that's a scary thought for a team that's trying to win now.

At the end of the day you can't leave these things up to chance, you need to plan for the worst. And as long as Spezza is here you best surround him with some talent. Lets hope they click and they make a serious push for the playoffs and maybe make it.

102Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
Yup maybe... and while there they would still have more goals than Stone, Prince, Peumpel, and Hoffman combined.  Are Hemsky and Michalek the ideal wingers or even top line wingers?  No, I don't think they are but you need depth in the NHL to win and especially the Sens where they are extremely shallow on the wings.  If Stone or whoever else push one of those guys out of the lineup and you are confident he can handle top 6 minutes then awesome but at this point, just no way you can go into next year with Hoffman, Stone, Peumpel, Prince, Da Costa and whoever else in Bingo as your secondary scoring.

Imagine MacArthur and Ryan move on after next season and you don't have Michalek or Hemsky signed... then what?  Stone is your #1 winger of Hoffman.  Don't care how much potential they have that's a scary thought for a team that's trying to win now.

At the end of the day you can't leave these things up to chance, you need to plan for the worst.  And as long as Spezza is here you best surround him with some talent.  Lets hope they click and they make a serious push for the playoffs and maybe make it.

No I like the move to get Hemsky, a little iffy on his health but we'll see.  Michalek is probably done here unless he resigns for real cheap.  Hopefully MacLean's OCD line changes didn't cost us Ryan resigning here.

Hemsky will probably get resigned unless he outright sucks here and somehow I doubt that, no idea if he'll have chemistry with Spezza, he's a passer, but I'll bet on Hemsky sticking around here longer.

Whether they win or not will depend on defense IMO.  Scoring isn't the real problem, it's keeping the puck out, which is on Anderson who seems nothing more than a real good backup goalie.

103Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:55 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Spezza can score and does shoot so not worried there. Talent is what Spezza needed and some speed beside him, he has it.

If Hemsky is resigned so is Michalek, these two are very close and the chance to sign both of them and add some stability on the wings is a great opportunity for everyone. If they go crazy and score 10 each the rest of the way and Spezza puts up 30 points and the Sens make the playoffs... how do you not sign them? Could go the other way too.

As for the OCD, yah, you complain about the players being inconsistent and you are just as inconsistent as anyone of them them. Roll with the lines and let the talent win you games, simple as that. Scorers score, grinders grind. MacLean needs to learn how to handle some adversity like a lot of the players.

Anyways, looking ahead it's impossible to know who will sign and getting both the Czech's under contract for a few years while the youth go from AHLers to NHLers to mature NHLers is a nice insurance policy.

104Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran
NEELY wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:So essentially we got 4th round pick for Ben Bishop.  Murray is an inept tradesman.  Hemsky is this years Cory Stillman, Matt Cullen etc.

Yah because Turris, Anderson, and Ryan weren't trades Murray made right.  People come here spout off stupid crap like this and believe they are right. Don't bring HF here please.

For every one of those there are two bad ones. Stillman, Cullen, Lapointe, Filatov, Cheechoo, Leclaire, Comrie the last time, Shannon, Commodore...... All in the Murray era.....you can shhhhhh now....... Wolfie 

105Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:02 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Number Twenty Nine wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:So essentially we got 4th round pick for Ben Bishop.  Murray is an inept tradesman.  Hemsky is this years Cory Stillman, Matt Cullen etc.

Yah because Turris, Anderson, and Ryan weren't trades Murray made right.  People come here spout off stupid crap like this and believe they are right. Don't bring HF here please.

For every one of those there are two bad ones.  Stillman, Cullen, Lapointe, Filatov, Cheechoo, Leclaire, Comrie the last time, Shannon, Commodore...... All in the Murray era.....you can shhhhhh now....... Wolfie 

You named players that didn't work out, not bad trades. Try again. Michalek, Cheechoo, and a 2nd for Heatley. Worked out great for the Sens so again, you have no clue what you're talking about. Who the hell did Shannon even get traded for? Played more games in the NHL for the Sens then whoever buddy went to. Filatov for a 3rd... yah awful deal, let me know when 1 of those 3rd rounds picks play in the NHL. Cullen was solid for Ottawa, Lapointe went for a 5th... so yah again you should head back to HF where posts like this live. Awful on your part.

106Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:03 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Petersson or die, hey Flo?  Now he's a member of whatever team we traded him to (I actually didn't look where Alex Grant is from).
rub it in you insensitive brute!!! Facepalm 

107Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:I think Murray wants to see who plays well this last little bit before giving up guys on his roster or guys in Bingo that are close.

how can we know who plays well when who plays is gone!!!! andre!!! Crying 

108Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:07 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran
NEELY wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:So essentially we got 4th round pick for Ben Bishop.  Murray is an inept tradesman.  Hemsky is this years Cory Stillman, Matt Cullen etc.

Yah because Turris, Anderson, and Ryan weren't trades Murray made right.  People come here spout off stupid crap like this and believe they are right. Don't bring HF here please.

For every one of those there are two bad ones.  Stillman, Cullen, Lapointe, Filatov, Cheechoo, Leclaire, Comrie the last time, Shannon, Commodore...... All in the Murray era.....you can shhhhhh now....... Wolfie 

You named players that didn't work out, not bad trades.  Try again.  Michalek, Cheechoo, and a 2nd for Heatley.  Worked out great for the Sens so again, you have no clue what you're talking about.  Who the hell did Shannon even get traded for?  Played more games in the NHL for the Sens then whoever buddy went to.  Filatov for a 3rd... yah awful deal, let me know when 1 of those 3rd rounds picks play in the NHL.  Cullen was solid for Ottawa, Lapointe went for a 5th... so yah again you should head back to HF where posts like this live.  Awful on your part.


http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/senators-notebook-murrays-history-suggests-a-trade-is-coming-a-hamburgler-tastes-the-big-leagues-and-do-the-penguins-chase-gonchar

Yep, he's a trade genius.

Almost as smart as.........

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum