You are not connected. Please login or register

What video game are you playing?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 13]

76What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:The PS4 doesn't support MP3? Are you kidding me? Holy mother Cussing fail. What about MP4? That neither? Wow.
It is coming.

I honestly don't see the big need.

77What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:17 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:I still don't understand the zombie craze lol
I take it you haven't seen The Walking Dead.

78What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:17 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:The PS4 doesn't support MP3? Are you kidding me? Holy mother Cussing fail. What about MP4? That neither? Wow.
It is coming.

I honestly don't see the big need.
Media Center.

79What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
Seen it. Didn't like it, at all.

Question for you techies. What's better for sound, going optical from PS4 to receiver, or going hdmi from ps4 to TV then optical from TV to receiver?

80What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Seen it. Didn't like it, at all.

Question for you techies. What's better for sound, going optical from PS4 to receiver, or going hdmi from ps4 to TV then optical from TV to receiver?
Neither.

Best: HDMI --> receiver --> then HDMI out to TV, audio out to your speakers.

81What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I know that's the best but i dont have hdmi in on my receiver

82What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:05 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ah. The audio converters in your receiver are probably better than the one in your TV (I'm guessing). I'd run the optical from your PS4 to your receiver and the HDMI from your PS4 to your TV. Give that a go. If the sync is off, you can try the other way you suggested.

Step 2 - plan to upgrade your receiver. I would recommend a Yamaha RXV series receiver.

83What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah thats what I've been doing . Ill leave it as is. And yeah ill upgrade one day, im happy with my home theare in a box for now

84What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:56 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Try it the other way to see if you notice a difference.

85What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:34 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I dunno about other people, but I never have the urge to play MP3s through my TV. If I did, my Blu-Ray player can handle that. Or 360...or something else. What is more annoying is the lack of DLNA...but apparently that is coming.

86What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:39 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You don't play 'em on your TV per se, you play 'em through your high fidelity system... which is attached to your [game console of choice] and your [HDTV of choice]. You use your TV as a media center to navigate all your media (pictures, music, movies, TV shows, apps, the web etc...).

87What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:43 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I have never once used my TV to look at my pictures or play my music. If I wanted to, I could do it with something else that's already hooked up.... But they are going to add that functionality to the PS4 anyway.

88What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:46 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's the beauty of consoles. They're already hooked up to your stuff.

Wink

See: AppleTV.

89What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:49 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I have the Roku 3 and the WDTV Live Hub. They do everything I need media wise. All I want from a console is games. Apparently both Sony and Microsoft missed this, as neither console was released with a killer title.

90What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah, timing probably didn't work out for a launch with a killer title. I'm sure they would have loved to do that. But getting the consoles out in time for thanksgiving and the xmas rush was probably the key factor.

91What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:04 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Only had 8 years to work on a launch title.

92What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:06 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It's the same every launch. There is never a great launch title.

You want games, you get a PS4. That simple.

93What video game are you playing? - Page 6 Empty Re: What video game are you playing? on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:47 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Man, I used to love Unreal Tournament.

#backintheday

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum