General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by shabbs on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:40 am

So, in the spirit of the #18wheeler, ideal scenario today:

- Leafs lose in regulation to the Blues
    - Caps beat the Kings in regulation/OT
    - Columbus beats Detroit in OT

Leafs will be sitting 10th if that plays out.

#delicious

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by shabbs on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:07 am

Habs stopped the B's win streak last night in a pretty rough affair... that would make for a nice playoff matchup for sure.

Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:15 am

NEELY wrote:It's a country club, guys are too comfortable and it shows in their play. Spezza is the exact same way... there's no extra effort required because things are just great in their life.

When your owner only cares about "cost per point" a country club is what you get.

You're not in the winning business, you're in the enterainment business.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48304
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:30 am

tim1_2 wrote:Leafs have a one point lead for the last wildcard spot. They play St. Louis tonight and Philly on Friday. They will likely lose both these games.

And Budaj is 5-0 in Boston. There are no guaranteed losses in this league.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48304
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:31 am

shabbs wrote:Habs stopped the B's win streak last night in a pretty rough affair... that would make for a nice playoff matchup for sure.

Except the Habs won't have any healthy bodies left.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Post by shabbs on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:33 am

wprager wrote:
    shabbs wrote:Habs stopped the B's win streak last night in a pretty rough affair... that would make for a nice playoff matchup for sure.

Except the Habs won't have any healthy bodies left.
    No doubt. They will get pounded good.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:51 am

Bernier looks to be back for the Leafs tonight...
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:50 am

Pens twitter: Per Coach Bylsma: #Pens Evgeni Malkin has a foot injury and will be out 2-3 weeks.

Oh oh.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16499
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:00 pm

shabbs wrote:Pens twitter: Per Coach Bylsma: #Pens Evgeni Malkin has a foot injury and will be out 2-3 weeks.

Oh oh.

This matters not. Malkin will be back in time for the playoffs, and now more rested for it. Pittsburgh is used to dealing with the absence of Crysby or Malkin.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:26 pm

PK/Boychuk last night was hilarious...

PK being PK...
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:33 pm

What were the penalties handed out in the Boychuck/PK exchange? Funny how Pacioeretty stood there and did nothing as the Habs "star" defenseman was being threatened.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:06 pm

Boychuk got 2-min, PK nothing.

So, for PK, mission accomplished.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:10 pm

PK baited him huge, twice. One day someone's gonna punch the poop outta PK, and it'll be great.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:28 pm

tim1_2 wrote:PK baited him huge, twice. One day someone's gonna punch the poop outta PK, and it'll be great.
    We keep waiting for that day...
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Lotta noise being made about Ladd missing a game for the birth of his daughter... Jets lost the game...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/andrew-ladd-blasted-for-choosing-birth-of-child-over-jets-game-143350292.html

Always a polarizing decision. I can't blame him, I'd have done the same thing. Family first Wing Dang Doodle.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54631
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:00 pm

shabbs wrote:Lotta noise being made about Ladd missing a game for the birth of his daughter... Jets lost the game...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/andrew-ladd-blasted-for-choosing-birth-of-child-over-jets-game-143350292.html

Always a polarizing decision. I can't blame him, I'd have done the same thing. Family first Wing Dang Doodle.

Diddle that, I'd be there for the birth of my child before I played an NHL hockey game.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:19 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    shabbs wrote:Lotta noise being made about Ladd missing a game for the birth of his daughter... Jets lost the game...

Diddle that, I'd be there for the birth of my child before I played an NHL hockey game.

There's nothing polarizing about it. You go be with your family, and that's that. To suggest anything else is ridiculous.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54631
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:36 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

There's nothing polarizing about it. You go be with your family, and that's that. To suggest anything else is ridiculous.

To suggest anything else means you don't have kids.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:49 pm