You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So, in the spirit of the #18wheeler, ideal scenario today:

 - Leafs lose in regulation to the Blues
 - Caps beat the Kings in regulation/OT
 - Columbus beats Detroit in OT

Leafs will be sitting 10th if that plays out.

#delicious

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Habs stopped the B's win streak last night in a pretty rough affair... that would make for a nice playoff matchup for sure.

Hoags


All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:It's a country club, guys are too comfortable and it shows in their play.  Spezza is the exact same way... there's no extra effort required because things are just great in their life.

When your owner only cares about "cost per point" a country club is what you get.

You're not in the winning business, you're in the enterainment business.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Leafs have a one point lead for the last wildcard spot.  They play St. Louis tonight and Philly on Friday.  They will likely lose both these games.

And Budaj is 5-0 in Boston. There are no guaranteed losses in this league.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:Habs stopped the B's win streak last night in a pretty rough affair... that would make for a nice playoff matchup for sure.

Except the Habs won't have any healthy bodies left.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Habs stopped the B's win streak last night in a pretty rough affair... that would make for a nice playoff matchup for sure.

Except the Habs won't have any healthy bodies left.
No doubt. They will get pounded good.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bernier looks to be back for the Leafs tonight...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pens twitter: Per Coach Bylsma: #Pens Evgeni Malkin has a foot injury and will be out 2-3 weeks.

Oh oh.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Pens twitter: Per Coach Bylsma: #Pens Evgeni Malkin has a foot injury and will be out 2-3 weeks.

Oh oh.

This matters not. Malkin will be back in time for the playoffs, and now more rested for it. Pittsburgh is used to dealing with the absence of Crysby or Malkin.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
PK/Boychuk last night was hilarious...

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 3 845342866

PK being PK...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
What were the penalties handed out in the Boychuck/PK exchange? Funny how Pacioeretty stood there and did nothing as the Habs "star" defenseman was being threatened.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Boychuk got 2-min, PK nothing.

So, for PK, mission accomplished.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PK baited him huge, twice. One day someone's gonna punch the poop outta PK, and it'll be great.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
tim1_2 wrote:PK baited him huge, twice.  One day someone's gonna punch the poop outta PK, and it'll be great.
We keep waiting for that day...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Lotta noise being made about Ladd missing a game for the birth of his daughter... Jets lost the game...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/andrew-ladd-blasted-for-choosing-birth-of-child-over-jets-game-143350292.html

Always a polarizing decision. I can't blame him, I'd have done the same thing. Family first Wing Dang Doodle.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:Lotta noise being made about Ladd missing a game for the birth of his daughter... Jets lost the game...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/andrew-ladd-blasted-for-choosing-birth-of-child-over-jets-game-143350292.html

Always a polarizing decision. I can't blame him, I'd have done the same thing. Family first Wing Dang Doodle.

Diddle that, I'd be there for the birth of my child before I played an NHL hockey game.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Lotta noise being made about Ladd missing a game for the birth of his daughter... Jets lost the game...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/andrew-ladd-blasted-for-choosing-birth-of-child-over-jets-game-143350292.html

Always a polarizing decision. I can't blame him, I'd have done the same thing. Family first Wing Dang Doodle.

Diddle that, I'd be there for the birth of my child before I played an NHL hockey game.

There's nothing polarizing about it. You go be with your family, and that's that. To suggest anything else is ridiculous.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Lotta noise being made about Ladd missing a game for the birth of his daughter... Jets lost the game...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/andrew-ladd-blasted-for-choosing-birth-of-child-over-jets-game-143350292.html

Always a polarizing decision. I can't blame him, I'd have done the same thing. Family first Wing Dang Doodle.

Diddle that, I'd be there for the birth of my child before I played an NHL hockey game.

There's nothing polarizing about it.  You go be with your family, and that's that.  To suggest anything else is ridiculous.  

To suggest anything else means you don't have kids.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum