GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:"Iron" Mike "Curtain" Keenan won the KHL as coach for Metallurg.  NHL return imminent?  Hopefully to Toronto?

Yeah, he totally should change his nickname now. "Iron Mike" becomes "Iron Curtain Mike".

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
I'mm totally stealing this for twitter.

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I'mm totally stealing this for twitter.

I see that you did.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Jagr to return to the Devils..?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/jaromir-jagr-is-set-to-return-devils-say/article18336528/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Jagr to return to the Devils..?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/jaromir-jagr-is-set-to-return-devils-say/article18336528/

Devils have confirmed it now.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Halak to the Islanders for a 4th. So what does that mean the Sens will get for Anderson?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Wouldn't trade Anderson for a 4th, no point in that trade unless they really want Anderson out of the room but with Spezza on the way out that will be a big enough to move to satisfy everyone IMO.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:Wouldn't trade Anderson for a 4th, no point in that trade unless they really want Anderson out of the room but with Spezza on the way out that will be a big enough to move to satisfy everyone IMO.

To be fair, Halak is a UFA, so Anderson would automatically get more.

Reason to move Anderson is to force Murray into playing Lehner. And to save a couple mill. Well, not so much save as redirect to an area of need.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

NEELY


Mod
Mod
We'll see.  The teams that are still left in the playoffs (besides Minny and Anaheim) have uncontested #1 goaltenders.

sandysensfan


Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:Halak to the Islanders for a 4th.  So what does that mean the Sens will get for Anderson?

So I guess Nabocov is gone?

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Wouldn't trade Anderson for a 4th, no point in that trade unless they really want Anderson out of the room but with Spezza on the way out that will be a big enough to move to satisfy everyone IMO.

To be fair, Halak is a UFA, so Anderson would automatically get more.

Reason to move Anderson is to force Murray into playing Lehner.  And to save a couple mill.  Well, not so much save as redirect to an area of need.

Don't count Florida out. I wouldn't be surprised if they go with a tandem of Luongo and Anderson. Both I'm sure wouldn't mind playing 40 games each seeing that Luongo has split time over the last three years and Anderson might be the better of the two goalies.

Is a tandem of Lehner and Ellis (one year at $1M salary) all that bad? Throw in a prospect coming back (Pirri?) and I think we have something there...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Wouldn't trade Anderson for a 4th, no point in that trade unless they really want Anderson out of the room but with Spezza on the way out that will be a big enough to move to satisfy everyone IMO.

To be fair, Halak is a UFA, so Anderson would automatically get more.

Reason to move Anderson is to force Murray into playing Lehner.  And to save a couple mill.  Well, not so much save as redirect to an area of need.

Don't count Florida out. I wouldn't be surprised if they go with a tandem of Luongo and Anderson. Both I'm sure wouldn't mind playing 40 games each seeing that Luongo has split time over the last three years and Anderson might be the better of the two goalies.

Is a tandem of Lehner and Ellis (one year at $1M salary) all that bad? Throw in a prospect coming back (Pirri?) and I think we have something there...

Ellis? Dan Ellis? Yes, it's that bad. He won't win a game. I can't believe he's still in the league.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
spader wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Wouldn't trade Anderson for a 4th, no point in that trade unless they really want Anderson out of the room but with Spezza on the way out that will be a big enough to move to satisfy everyone IMO.

To be fair, Halak is a UFA, so Anderson would automatically get more.

Reason to move Anderson is to force Murray into playing Lehner.  And to save a couple mill.  Well, not so much save as redirect to an area of need.

Don't count Florida out. I wouldn't be surprised if they go with a tandem of Luongo and Anderson. Both I'm sure wouldn't mind playing 40 games each seeing that Luongo has split time over the last three years and Anderson might be the better of the two goalies.

Is a tandem of Lehner and Ellis (one year at $1M salary) all that bad? Throw in a prospect coming back (Pirri?) and I think we have something there...

Ellis? Dan Ellis? Yes, it's that bad. He won't win a game. I can't believe he's still in the league.

Lots of goalies available via UFA but not sure if any are better than Anderson save Miller, Hiller, and Halak.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Empty suit, Kirk Muller, gassed by 'canes:

http://www.canada.com/sports/Carolina+Hurricanes+fire+coach+Kirk+Muller/9808248/story.html

Sure to join camera-and-microphone-whore, "Deputy Douchebag" in The Big Smoke.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:Empty suit, Kirk Muller, gassed by 'canes:

http://www.canada.com/sports/Carolina+Hurricanes+fire+coach+Kirk+Muller/9808248/story.html

Sure to join camera-and-microphone-whore, "Deputy Douchebag" in The Big Smoke.

HE'S A GOOD KINGSTON BOY WHAT A BEAUTY LET'S GO!


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Poor Muller. Rough gig for your first coaching job. I said it before, and I'll it again, I would never want Staal kids running my team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
So, I don't get it. Back when the NHL signed that huge deal with Rogers/SportsNet the headlines read TSN Shut Out. Everyone was wondering just how long the hockey analysts at TSN, like Bobby Mac, would stay with that sinking ship. Surely, the biggest network would get the biggest stars, right? But they all stayed one, some even signed new deals, and TSN does not appear to be going anywhere (hockey-wise). Then today they [ur]=http://bellmediapr.ca/Network/TSN/Press/More-Sports-More-Choice]announce[/url] they will go from 2 national feeds to 5 (no more TSN and TSN-2, you will now have TSN-1 through TSN-5). They will show 26 Leafs games and 52 Sens games. I can't find any details on how many Sens games will be on SportsNet next season but it certainly looks like it will be less than this year, given that TSN will show 52 of them. Unless some games will be covered by both, which seems extremely unlikely.

So, what just happened?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:So, I don't get it. Back when the NHL signed that huge deal with Rogers/SportsNet the headlines read TSN Shut Out. Everyone was wondering just how long the hockey analysts at TSN, like Bobby Mac, would stay with that sinking ship. Surely, the biggest network would get the biggest stars, right? But they all stayed one, some even signed new deals, and TSN does not appear to be going anywhere (hockey-wise). Then today they [ur]=http://bellmediapr.ca/Network/TSN/Press/More-Sports-More-Choice]announce[/url] they will go from 2 national feeds to 5 (no more TSN and TSN-2, you will now have TSN-1 through TSN-5). They will show 26 Leafs games and 52 Sens games. I can't find any details on how many Sens games will be on SportsNet next season but it certainly looks like it will be less than this year, given that TSN will show 52 of them. Unless some games will be covered by both, which seems extremely unlikely.

So, what just happened?

I guess what just happened is that you were asleep for the last few months. TSN bought the rights to local broadcasts for Sens games...and they already had the Jets and Habs.

Sportsnet will be able to broadcast games nationally - TSN will no longer be able to do this.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum