General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Share

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54713
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:25 am

    shabbs wrote:Man, on Mar. 15th, the Leafs were 2nd in the Atlantic Division with 80 points. 11 days later and a 6-game pointless losing streak... they're in 10th spot. A four way tie with teams that have games in hand on them.

    Crazy.

    Crazy delicious!


    That makes this season a little more bearable thinking the Leafs may crash and burn.

    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:03 am

    EVERYONE BURNS!!!!!!

    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16821
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:04 am

    There's still a very good chance Toronto makes the playoffs. Let's not cash this cheque yet.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:05 am

    Bah.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16821
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:08 am

    I know. But let's not get our hopes up for the #18wheeler quite yet...remember at the start of this year...how we had our hopes up for our Ottawa Senatores? How did that work out for us? I can't get my heart broken twice in one season.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24788
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:11 am

    tim1_2 wrote:I know. But let's not get our hopes up for the #18wheeler quite yet...remember at the start of this year...how we had our hopes up for our Ottawa Senatores? How did that work out for us? I can't get my heart broken twice in one season.

    Hehe. I sure do. Laugh1
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:12 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:I know. But let's not get our hopes up for the #18wheeler quite yet...remember at the start of this year...how we had our hopes up for our Ottawa Senatores? How did that work out for us? I can't get my heart broken twice in one season.

    Hehe. I sure do. Laugh1
    Buckle up.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48677
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:38 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:There's still a very good chance Toronto makes the playoffs. Let's not cash this cheque yet.

    Just like the Sens *all season long* have the Leafs made *any* signs that they could turn this around? They are giving up the most shots in the league. Bernier is not 100% (did you see him on that 2nd goal -- I think -- he never moved; if his groin worked he would have at least tried). Look at their schedule:

    @Philly
    Detroit (2nd game in two nights, travel back from Philly)
    Calgary (who have played well since coaching change)
    Boston
    Winnipeg
    @Tampa
    @Florida
    @Ottawa

    They only have 8 games left, will play two no-hope games (Philly/Boston), Detroit will be fighting for their own playoff lives, Ottawa will be dying to win, and neither Calgary nor Winnipeg are pushovers any more. I don't see them getting more than 5 points the rest of the way.

    The Wings play Buffalo twice and Carolina in their remaining games. That's 6 easy points right there. Plus they game against the Leafs is a 4-point swing.

    Blue Jackets play Carolina, Islanders, Coyotes (no Smith).




    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54713
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:55 pm

    I am not a full member of the anti-Toronto and anti-Detroit making the playoffs club. Fully accredited.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16821
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:01 pm

    I guess the Leafs might as well stop trying. W.P. Rager has declared it over.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24788
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:05 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:I guess the Leafs might as well stop trying. W.P. Rager has declared it over.

    Has anyone notified Nonnis?!?!? Ahhhhh!Ahhhhh!
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:11 pm

    I'm only a member of the Diddle THE LEAFS Club.

    If the other teams (Detroit, Columbus) go 0.500 that will take both of them to 90 points (they each have 80 point now with 10 games left). Leafs would need 91 to beat them out due to tie breaker issues with ROWs. They have 8 games left. 11 points in 8 games. A 4-1-3 record is the worst they can do realistically. There are a few combos that would get them 11 points, but no others with only 4 wins. 5-2-1, 6-2-0 etc..

    If Detroit and Columbus falter though, anything can happen. 90 may be enough, or they may need 93. Who knows.

    It's tight. It may actually come down to their last game of the season vs the Sens. That would be one hell of a game.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24788
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:15 pm

    shabbs wrote:

    If Detroit and Columbus falter though, anything can happen. 90 may be enough, or they may need 93. Who knows.

    Apparently not, according to WP Rager.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:17 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    shabbs wrote:

    If Detroit and Columbus falter though, anything can happen. 90 may be enough, or they may need 93. Who knows.

    Apparently not, according to WP Rager.
    The Rager knows... The Rager knows...
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13743
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:17 pm

    SpezDispenser wrote:I am not a full member of the anti-Toronto and anti-Detroit making the playoffs club. Fully accredited.
    WHAT ?!?

    hand-in your sens army badge!
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54713
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:28 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:I am not a full member of the anti-Toronto and anti-Detroit making the playoffs club. Fully accredited.
    WHAT ?!?

    hand-in your sens army badge!

    Sorry, it should have said: I am now a full member of the anti-Toronto and anti-Detroit making the playoffs club. Fully accredited.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54713
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:28 pm

    Go Columbus and whatever other team I don't find annoying!
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13743
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:33 pm

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:I am not a full member of the anti-Toronto and anti-Detroit making the playoffs club. Fully accredited.
    WHAT ?!?

    hand-in your sens army badge!

    Sorry, it should have said: I am now a full member of the anti-Toronto and anti-Detroit making the playoffs club. Fully accredited.


    sure sure, flip-flopper. you gonna blame it on auto-correct now?

    Sponsored content

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:27 pm