General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Share

    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Hoags on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:42 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    shabbs wrote:TSN's BarDown awarded some "Alternative" NHL awards...

    http://www.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?The%2bNHL%25e2%2580%2599s%2bAlternative%2bAwards&id=455591

    Melnyk won the Harold Ballard Award - Awarded to the owner who best contributes to the downfall of a franchise.

    A very deserving award for Mr. Melnyk.  I like how they call Spezza our best player, though, as if Karlsson doesn't exist.

    The article has now disappeared Laughing3 

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24741
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:47 am

    Hoags wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    shabbs wrote:TSN's BarDown awarded some "Alternative" NHL awards...

    http://www.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?The%2bNHL%25e2%2580%2599s%2bAlternative%2bAwards&id=455591

    Melnyk won the Harold Ballard Award - Awarded to the owner who best contributes to the downfall of a franchise.

    A very deserving award for Mr. Melnyk.  I like how they call Spezza our best player, though, as if Karlsson doesn't exist.

    The article has now disappeared Laughing3 

    I noticed something offensive in the article but I can't remember what it was.

    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16159
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:50 am

    Ukranian hackers strike again.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24741
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:50 am

    tim1_2 wrote:Ukranian hackers strike again.

    BarDown BarDone?!?!?!  Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! 
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54125
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:55 am

    I like that signing for Tampa Bay. No problem paying him 5.8
    avatar
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 9235
    Age : 40
    Location : Mississauga
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Hoags on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:56 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Hoags wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    shabbs wrote:TSN's BarDown awarded some "Alternative" NHL awards...

    http://www.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?The%2bNHL%25e2%2580%2599s%2bAlternative%2bAwards&id=455591

    Melnyk won the Harold Ballard Award - Awarded to the owner who best contributes to the downfall of a franchise.

    A very deserving award for Mr. Melnyk.  I like how they call Spezza our best player, though, as if Karlsson doesn't exist.

    The article has now disappeared Laughing3 

    I noticed something offensive in the article but I can't remember what it was.

    Take your pick, Ponzi scheme, Bernie Madoff allegations ... I'm surprised someone was allowed to post that as amusing as it was
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:57 am

    tim1_2 wrote:Ukranian hackers strike again.
    HA HA!

    sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 3187
    Age : 65
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by sandysensfan on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:22 pm

    Hoags wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Hoags wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    shabbs wrote:TSN's BarDown awarded some "Alternative" NHL awards...

    http://www.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?The%2bNHL%25e2%2580%2599s%2bAlternative%2bAwards&id=455591

    Melnyk won the Harold Ballard Award - Awarded to the owner who best contributes to the downfall of a franchise.

    A very deserving award for Mr. Melnyk.  I like how they call Spezza our best player, though, as if Karlsson doesn't exist.

    The article has now disappeared Laughing3 

    I noticed something offensive in the article but I can't remember what it was.

    Take your pick, Ponzi scheme, Bernie Madoff allegations ... I'm surprised someone was allowed to post that as amusing as it was

    6th Sens has the article on his website:

    http://the6thsens.com/2014-articles/eugene-melnyk-wins-tsns-harold-ballard-award.html
    avatar
    dennycrane
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2121
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-17

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by dennycrane on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:37 pm

    7 years for Gaborik per Jon Rosen

    https://twitter.com/lakingsinsider/status/481852777552166912
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54125
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:37 pm

    Sweet geez, 7 year contract for Gaborik!
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54125
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:39 pm

    Wonder what the cap hit is. 5 mil per year, or less because it's soooooo long. Maybe it's in the 4.5 per year area.
    avatar
    dennycrane
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2121
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-17

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by dennycrane on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:40 pm

    Lebrun thinking 4.9 or 5
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54125
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:41 pm

    Sounds like it'll be 4.9 or 5 according to LeBrun.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by NEELY on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:43 pm

    Haha that's such a great cap hit for the Kings for a legit 30 goal scorer.  Best run team in the NHL with the Hawks.  Winning cures all.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54125
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:45 pm

    It's a nice cap hit now, but it won't be in the quite near future.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16159
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:47 pm

    NEELY wrote:Haha that's such a great cap hit for the Kings for a legit 30 goal scorer.  Best run team in the NHL with the Hawks.  Winning cures all.

    As long as Gaborik doesn't pull a disappearing act on them for 7 years, it's good for the Kings.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by NEELY on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:56 pm

    You get 25 goals out of a cap hit at under 5 mil, w/e, lol.
    avatar
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 9235
    Age : 40
    Location : Mississauga
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Hoags on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:57 pm

    Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
    Veteran forwards Dany Heatley + Ryan Malone will have to be patient in free agency. Willingness to take 1 year deals will draw attention.

    I'll be amazed if Heatley gets a 1 year deal somewhere.

    Sponsored content

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:01 am