General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16821
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:47 pm

NEELY wrote:Haha that's such a great cap hit for the Kings for a legit 30 goal scorer. Best run team in the NHL with the Hawks. Winning cures all.

As long as Gaborik doesn't pull a disappearing act on them for 7 years, it's good for the Kings.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by NEELY on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:56 pm

You get 25 goals out of a cap hit at under 5 mil, w/e, lol.

Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9236
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
    Veteran forwards Dany Heatley + Ryan Malone will have to be patient in free agency. Willingness to take 1 year deals will draw attention.

I'll be amazed if Heatley gets a 1 year deal somewhere.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:04 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Wonder what the cap hit is. 5 mil per year, or less because it's soooooo long. Maybe it's in the 4.5 per year area.
    Gaborik 7Y/$34.5MM.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10084
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:01 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    NEELY wrote:Haha that's such a great cap hit for the Kings for a legit 30 goal scorer. Best run team in the NHL with the Hawks. Winning cures all.

As long as Gaborik doesn't pull a disappearing act on them for 7 years, it's good for the Kings.

He's signed for an AAV of $4.9M until he turns 39. It's fair to say the last few years'll be a problem.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54713
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:02 pm

spader wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

He's signed for an AAV of $4.9M until he turns 39. It's fair to say the last few years'll be a problem.

Uh, yeah...
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:11 pm

Apparently there's no cap penalty for the Kings if Gaborik retires early.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:21 pm

Not saying I wouldn't have made that signing - I would have, but it's about right in terms of $$. Any more and it would have been poor - any less and it would have been a real coup.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24788
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:23 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Not saying I wouldn't have made that signing - I would have, but it's about right in terms of $$. Any more and it would have been poor - any less and it would have been a real coup.

What's in between those two options? Oh yeah, just right. Plus they got the player for NOTHING at the deadline and he contributed to a Cup win.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Gaborik signing is amazing IMO. Guy was as big as you can be on a cup run while winning it. Amazing deal for the Kings and they will get a lot of goals from him playing with the players they have there already. Good on both sides there.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21266
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:32 pm

NOt a fan of Gaborik. He'll play about 50% of that deal.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13743
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Ev wrote:NOt a fan of Gaborik. He'll play about 50% of that deal.

probably play 75% due to injury and will retire and not hurt their cap hit because he signed before turning 35. if he doesn't and keeps playing with the cap going up and up that price won't look too bad if you ask me. no big loss, everyone gets what they want.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:39 am

tim1_2 wrote:Apparently there's no cap penalty for the Kings if Gaborik retires early.

Isn't that the general rule when you're under 35?
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:14 am

Bobby Mac says Toews and Kane will ink new contracts for $10M+ per year.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:44 am

tim1_2 wrote:Bobby Mac says Toews and Kane will ink new contracts for $10M+ per year.

Not exactly. He said they were coming in at 12 million a year and it might get down to 10 million.

He also said double digit salaries will become the new norm. That's pretty scary.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:05 pm

Not shocking... at all.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48677
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:37 pm

NEELY wrote:Not shocking... at all.

Nope. Inflation everywhere, especially in growing industries. Remember when gas was only 3 digits including the decimal?

Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9236
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:17 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Bobby Mac says Toews and Kane will ink new contracts for $10M+ per year.

Not exactly. He said they were coming in at 12 million a year and it might get down to 10 million.

He also said double digit salaries will become the new norm. That's pretty scary.

And people think we'll resign Ryan for $5M-$6MLaughing3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:26 pm