Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Share

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20693
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by Ev on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:08 pm

    Garrioch lists moulson, havlat, pouliot and jokinen as guys he thinks they might look at

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24741
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:09 pm

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    spader wrote:Anyone want to guess at Niskanen's contract? I'm betting he gets well over $5 per and probably a longish term (5-6)
    5 year, $27.5 mil?

    Sounds about right.

    I'm interested to see what Bolland gets. Guy is 'tweener / grinder and yet I'm hearing talk of 7 and 8 year deals north of $5 mil. WTF.

    Watching all these buyouts and stupid offers happening is a good reminder... Spending big on FA day is almost always, always a mistake.

    As long as the NHL continues to allow compliance buyouts this issue will never go away. Teams should be on the hook for the entire salary and cap hit no matter what. I find it fascinating how sports in general has become all about the money. How often do you see player loyalty to a team unless you're a star player? We gonna see a Rick Nash buyout after next season when he fails to produce in the playoffs again?

    Saw lots of rumors re: Tampa clearing cap space. I think Mendes was alluding to the fact that they're going after Stastny? Just don't see how Richards doesn't fit right back into the mix in Tampa.

    Either way, I can't decide if I'm excited or terrified for tomorrow. I'll be deciding whether or not to renew my season tickets likely after this weekend. As of now, it looks like there will be two less fans in the stands next season.

    What would make you give up your tickets?

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by NEELY on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:10 pm

    Havlat as a PP specialist? Maybe. Pouliot is a buyer beware kind of player for sure.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24741
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:11 pm

    NEELY wrote:Havlat as a PP specialist? Maybe. Pouliot is a buyer beware kind of player for sure.

    Pouliot already has a bad rap with refs. Being a Senator would only amplify that.

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1785
    Age : 87
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:14 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    spader wrote:Anyone want to guess at Niskanen's contract? I'm betting he gets well over $5 per and probably a longish term (5-6)
    5 year, $27.5 mil?

    Sounds about right.

    I'm interested to see what Bolland gets. Guy is 'tweener / grinder and yet I'm hearing talk of 7 and 8 year deals north of $5 mil. WTF.

    Watching all these buyouts and stupid offers happening is a good reminder... Spending big on FA day is almost always, always a mistake.

    As long as the NHL continues to allow compliance buyouts this issue will never go away. Teams should be on the hook for the entire salary and cap hit no matter what. I find it fascinating how sports in general has become all about the money. How often do you see player loyalty to a team unless you're a star player? We gonna see a Rick Nash buyout after next season when he fails to produce in the playoffs again?

    Saw lots of rumors re: Tampa clearing cap space. I think Mendes was alluding to the fact that they're going after Stastny? Just don't see how Richards doesn't fit right back into the mix in Tampa.

    Either way, I can't decide if I'm excited or terrified for tomorrow. I'll be deciding whether or not to renew my season tickets likely after this weekend. As of now, it looks like there will be two less fans in the stands next season.

    What would make you give up your tickets?

    I just can't justify supporting an owner who doesn't care about putting a good product on the ice. I don't mind the price of tickets, but I want to feel like I'm getting some value.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20693
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by Ev on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:18 pm

    You get way more value if you just buy individual tickets on stubhub actually.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54125
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:20 pm

    sandysensfan wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 6m
    More
    LeBrun: Word on the street is Niskanen's camp is looking for six to seven years and north of $6 million per year. 15-17 teams made contact.

    Well that let's Ottawa out if they were interested. What team will give him that much $$$?

    No idea. Really strange league sometimes.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24741
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:20 pm

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    spader wrote:Anyone want to guess at Niskanen's contract? I'm betting he gets well over $5 per and probably a longish term (5-6)
    5 year, $27.5 mil?

    Sounds about right.

    I'm interested to see what Bolland gets. Guy is 'tweener / grinder and yet I'm hearing talk of 7 and 8 year deals north of $5 mil. WTF.

    Watching all these buyouts and stupid offers happening is a good reminder... Spending big on FA day is almost always, always a mistake.

    As long as the NHL continues to allow compliance buyouts this issue will never go away. Teams should be on the hook for the entire salary and cap hit no matter what. I find it fascinating how sports in general has become all about the money. How often do you see player loyalty to a team unless you're a star player? We gonna see a Rick Nash buyout after next season when he fails to produce in the playoffs again?

    Saw lots of rumors re: Tampa clearing cap space. I think Mendes was alluding to the fact that they're going after Stastny? Just don't see how Richards doesn't fit right back into the mix in Tampa.

    Either way, I can't decide if I'm excited or terrified for tomorrow. I'll be deciding whether or not to renew my season tickets likely after this weekend. As of now, it looks like there will be two less fans in the stands next season.

    What would make you give up your tickets?

    I just can't justify supporting an owner who doesn't care about putting a good product on the ice. I don't mind the price of tickets, but I want to feel like I'm getting some value.

    I'm sure we'll see some great signings tomorrow. Plus Bobby Ryan will certainly be extended. If not, you'll be reminded of what a "knowledgeable fan" you are and you'll be introduced to exciting new menu items at the various concessions and restaurants at CTC!
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20693
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by Ev on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:20 pm

    MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
    Moulson-Zibanejad-Havlat
    Greening-Berglund-Stone
    Lazar-Smith-Neil
    Hoffman
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54125
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:22 pm

    Ev wrote:Garrioch lists moulson, havlat, pouliot and jokinen as guys he thinks they might look at

    Moulson and Jokinen are good, Havlat sounded like he was on the back 9 to be polite, Pouliot is nothing special at all. Not great pickings there, hopefully we do a little better.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10037
    Age : 37
    Location : La Loche, Saskatchewan
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by spader on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:22 pm

    Ev wrote:MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
    Moulson-Zibanejad-Havlat
    Greening-Berglund-Stone
    Lazar-Smith-Neil
    Hoffman

    Switch Lazar and Greening.

    Lazar-Berglund-Stone
    Greening-Smith-Neil
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20693
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by Ev on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:23 pm

    spader wrote:
    Ev wrote:MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
    Moulson-Zibanejad-Havlat
    Greening-Berglund-Stone
    Lazar-Smith-Neil
    Hoffman

    Switch Lazar and Greening.

    Lazar-Berglund-Stone
    Greening-Smith-Neil

    True.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24741
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:25 pm

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    Ev wrote:Garrioch lists moulson, havlat, pouliot and jokinen as guys he thinks they might look at

    Moulson and Jokinen are good, Havlat sounded like he was on the back 9 to be polite, Pouliot is nothing special at all. Not great pickings there, hopefully we do a little better.

    What are you expecting?
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10037
    Age : 37
    Location : La Loche, Saskatchewan
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by spader on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:28 pm

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    spader wrote:Anyone want to guess at Niskanen's contract? I'm betting he gets well over $5 per and probably a longish term (5-6)
    5 year, $27.5 mil?

    Sounds about right.

    I'm interested to see what Bolland gets. Guy is 'tweener / grinder and yet I'm hearing talk of 7 and 8 year deals north of $5 mil. WTF.

    Watching all these buyouts and stupid offers happening is a good reminder... Spending big on FA day is almost always, always a mistake.

    As long as the NHL continues to allow compliance buyouts this issue will never go away. Teams should be on the hook for the entire salary and cap hit no matter what. I find it fascinating how sports in general has become all about the money. How often do you see player loyalty to a team unless you're a star player? We gonna see a Rick Nash buyout after next season when he fails to produce in the playoffs again?

    Saw lots of rumors re: Tampa clearing cap space. I think Mendes was alluding to the fact that they're going after Stastny? Just don't see how Richards doesn't fit right back into the mix in Tampa.

    Either way, I can't decide if I'm excited or terrified for tomorrow. I'll be deciding whether or not to renew my season tickets likely after this weekend. As of now, it looks like there will be two less fans in the stands next season.

    What would make you give up your tickets?

    I just can't justify supporting an owner who doesn't care about putting a good product on the ice. I don't mind the price of tickets, but I want to feel like I'm getting some value.

    Are you supporting the owner? I feel like I support the team. Otherwise, when ownership changes, you'd change the team you support.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10037
    Age : 37
    Location : La Loche, Saskatchewan
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by spader on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:30 pm

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    As long as the NHL continues to allow compliance buyouts this issue will never go away. Teams should be on the hook for the entire salary and cap hit no matter what.

    Um, you know that the compliance buyout window is closing, right? This isn't something that will continue; it was a way for teams to clean up their messes and start fresh, so to speak. This isn't a new reality; it's a one-off.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20693
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by Ev on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:30 pm

    Yeah you buy products all the time not knowing a thing about the owner. It's the same thing here. You're buying a product, not making an investment.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47513
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by wprager on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:33 pm

    spader wrote:
    Ev wrote:MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
    Moulson-Zibanejad-Havlat
    Greening-Berglund-Stone
    Lazar-Smith-Neil
    Hoffman

    Switch Lazar and Greening.

    Lazar-Berglund-Stone
    Greening-Smith-Neil

    Thank you. I was about to ask "What has Curtis ever done to you to deserve being saddle with Neil?"


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20693
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by Ev on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:42 pm

    http://www.capgeek.com/armchair-gm/roster/31074

    Sponsored content

    Re: Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:52 am