You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

Tracking the action in the NHL draft day to July 1st

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 16]

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah you buy products all the time not knowing a thing about the owner. It's the same thing here. You're buying a product, not making an investment.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:
Ev wrote:MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Moulson-Zibanejad-Havlat
Greening-Berglund-Stone
Lazar-Smith-Neil
Hoffman

Switch Lazar and Greening.

Lazar-Berglund-Stone
Greening-Smith-Neil

Thank you. I was about to ask "What has Curtis ever done to you to deserve being saddle with Neil?"

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
http://www.capgeek.com/armchair-gm/roster/31074

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:http://www.capgeek.com/armchair-gm/roster/31074

Lehner got traded?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Clearly the Sens will take a run at Del Zotta. Nashville didn't qualify him so he's a UFA now - and the Sens had interest last deadline. Not sure why they did, but they did.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
spader wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:Anyone want to guess at Niskanen's contract? I'm betting he gets well over $5 per and probably a longish term (5-6)
5 year, $27.5 mil?

Sounds about right.

I'm interested to see what Bolland gets. Guy is 'tweener / grinder and yet I'm hearing talk of 7 and 8 year deals north of $5 mil. WTF.

Watching all these buyouts and stupid offers happening is a good reminder... Spending big on FA day is almost always, always a mistake.

As long as the NHL continues to allow compliance buyouts this issue will never go away. Teams should be on the hook for the entire salary and cap hit no matter what. I find it fascinating how sports in general has become all about the money. How often do you see player loyalty to a team unless you're a star player? We gonna see a Rick Nash buyout after next season when he fails to produce in the playoffs again?

Saw lots of rumors re: Tampa clearing cap space. I think Mendes was alluding to the fact that they're going after Stastny? Just don't see how Richards doesn't fit right back into the mix in Tampa.

Either way, I can't decide if I'm excited or terrified for tomorrow. I'll be deciding whether or not to renew my season tickets likely after this weekend. As of now, it looks like there will be two less fans in the stands next season.

What would make you give up your tickets?

I just can't justify supporting an owner who doesn't care about putting a good product on the ice. I don't mind the price of tickets, but I want to feel like I'm getting some value.

Are you supporting the owner? I feel like I support the team. Otherwise, when ownership changes, you'd change the team you support.

I whole heartedly support the team, not the owner.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Del Zotto is now UFA. Didn't get qualified.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Clearly the Sens will take a run at Del Zotta.  Nashville didn't qualify him so he's a UFA now - and the Sens had interest last deadline.  Not sure why they did, but they did.

Diddle him, he's done.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Ev wrote:http://www.capgeek.com/armchair-gm/roster/31074

Like the idea of 2 vets on each side of Zibanejad. Man, I just want tomorrow to come and Spezza to be traded.

sandysensfan


Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:Anyone want to guess at Niskanen's contract? I'm betting he gets well over $5 per and probably a longish term (5-6)
5 year, $27.5 mil?

Sounds about right.

I'm interested to see what Bolland gets. Guy is 'tweener / grinder and yet I'm hearing talk of 7 and 8 year deals north of $5 mil. WTF.

Watching all these buyouts and stupid offers happening is a good reminder... Spending big on FA day is almost always, always a mistake.

As long as the NHL continues to allow compliance buyouts this issue will never go away. Teams should be on the hook for the entire salary and cap hit no matter what. I find it fascinating how sports in general has become all about the money. How often do you see player loyalty to a team unless you're a star player? We gonna see a Rick Nash buyout after next season when he fails to produce in the playoffs again?

Saw lots of rumors re: Tampa clearing cap space. I think Mendes was alluding to the fact that they're going after Stastny? Just don't see how Richards doesn't fit right back into the mix in Tampa.

Either way, I can't decide if I'm excited or terrified for tomorrow. I'll be deciding whether or not to renew my season tickets likely after this weekend. As of now, it looks like there will be two less fans in the stands next season.

What would make you give up your tickets?

I just can't justify supporting an owner who doesn't care about putting a good product on the ice. I don't mind the price of tickets, but I want to feel like I'm getting some value.

I think a lot of fans are having the same feelings about that subject as you do.  I'm just a hockey nut who loves my Sens, so I renewed a long time ago.  I go to cheer for the players, not the Owner.



Last edited by sandysensfan on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

NEELY


Mod
Mod
SpezDispenser wrote:Clearly the Sens will take a run at Del Zotta.  Nashville didn't qualify him so he's a UFA now - and the Sens had interest last deadline.  Not sure why they did, but they did.

Not sure anyone wants to pay him the cash he will be after. Also from what I know pretty uncommitted off the ice.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I agree, I don't see the need for him at all.

sandysensfan


Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:Garrioch lists moulson, havlat, pouliot and jokinen as guys he thinks they might look at

I loved Mach 9 when he played in Ottawa. His speed was exciting to watch.

But with the injuries he's not the same player anymore.

I don't think he would come back to Ottawa anyway.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Either way more and more guys are becoming UFA and the actual amount of money to be given out isn't all there. Ottawa may very well have their pick of the litter with the right contract.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:http://www.capgeek.com/armchair-gm/roster/31074

I like the lineup - although I think Ceci's in the AHL, but I don't like putting any eggs in any basket that has Martin Havlat.  I like the idea of the player, but he's done I think.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
Ev wrote:http://www.capgeek.com/armchair-gm/roster/31074

I like the lineup - although I think Ceci's in the AHL, but I don't like putting any eggs in any basket that has Martin Havlat.  I like the idea of the player, but he's done I think.

For sure Ceci's up here. And I agree on Havlat -- way past his expiration date, want nothing to do with that guy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Havlat will be cheap and could pay off. If not, then no big deal.

sandysensfan


Veteran
Veteran

Murray Pam @Pammerhockey

#Sens and #Rangers UFA Benoit Pouliot share a mutual interest. The LW is considered a useful depth player and resides in the vicinity.


Well at least he's an experienced player who wants to consider Ottawa. It fills a hole.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum