You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound!

Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 18]

16Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:02 pm

spader


All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
spader wrote:Any bets on the first move from the Sens camp?

Signing Pouliot seems likely. Any other immediate moves?

It had better being signing Bobby Ryan.

Anyone hear what's up with Michalek?

They have time with Ryan. Your priorities are a little upside down. I want them to sign Ryan as well, but they need to deal with the clock on UFAs.

I think they need to take care of their own like...tonight and announce it tomorrow so we can all move on.

Again, they have time with him. Ryan is definitely a concern, but I think we're all watching and scrutinizing a little too closely in our search for the truth about the budget.

Murray didn't trade for Ryan just to lose him. He'll work it out (or there'll be a trade pending). Either way, don't be too concerned if he doesn't sign at 8am.

17Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:14 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Pouliot and Del Zotto perhaps? Not that we need another defenceman but I recall Murray trying to get Del Zotto in December.

Maybe this adds leverage to the Spezza trade. Throw in a defenceman (Wiercioch?) and hope to up the return?

18Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:17 pm

spader


All-Star
All-Star
I'd prefer Pouliot and Stralman.

19Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:07 pm

sandysensfan


Veteran
Veteran
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
spader wrote:Any bets on the first move from the Sens camp?

Signing Pouliot seems likely. Any other immediate moves?

It had better being signing Bobby Ryan.

Anyone hear what's up with Michalek?

They have time with Ryan. Your priorities are a little upside down. I want them to sign Ryan as well, but they need to deal with the clock on UFAs.

I think they need to take care of their own like...tonight and announce it tomorrow so we can all move on.

Again, they have time with him. Ryan is definitely a concern, but I think we're all watching and scrutinizing a little too closely in our search for the truth about the budget.

Murray didn't trade for Ryan just to lose him. He'll work it out (or there'll be  a trade pending). Either way, don't be too concerned if he doesn't sign at 8am.

Although they can't sign anything with Ryan until July 1st, don't you think there have been lots of conversations?

20Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:39 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
spader wrote:Any bets on the first move from the Sens camp?

Signing Pouliot seems likely. Any other immediate moves?

It had better being signing Bobby Ryan.

Anyone hear what's up with Michalek?

They have time with Ryan. Your priorities are a little upside down. I want them to sign Ryan as well, but they need to deal with the clock on UFAs.

I think they need we need them to take care of their own like...tonight and announce it tomorrow so we can all move on and start sleeping again.
fixed

21Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
spader wrote:Any bets on the first move from the Sens camp?

Signing Pouliot seems likely. Any other immediate moves?

It had better being signing Bobby Ryan.

Anyone hear what's up with Michalek?

They have time with Ryan. Your priorities are a little upside down. I want them to sign Ryan as well, but they need to deal with the clock on UFAs.

I think they need to take care of their own like...tonight and announce it tomorrow so we can all move on.

Again, they have time with him. Ryan is definitely a concern, but I think we're all watching and scrutinizing a little too closely in our search for the truth about the budget.

Murray didn't trade for Ryan just to lose him. He'll work it out (or there'll be  a trade pending). Either way, don't be too concerned if he doesn't sign at 8am.

I don't think they have any time at all personally, but maybe that's just me. Signing Ryan and MacArthur first thing tomorrow morning sends a clear message to free agents that we're on the right track. And it really calms a nervous fanbase.

I'm sure they've negotiated already, but if they haven't, start at 12:01 and hammer it out. Don't mess this one up.

22Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:48 pm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Not overly thrilled with the Pulliot thing but we'll see I guess.

23Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:Not overly thrilled with the Pulliot thing but we'll see I guess.
could go either way. worked out well for NY but not that great for every other team before. was ok for boston i guess. the thing that worries me is that we need more than some 15 goal scorers. we need some 20-25 guys.

24Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:47 pm

sandysensfan


Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:Not overly thrilled with the Pulliot thing but we'll see I guess.
could go either way. worked out well for NY but not that great for every other team before. was ok for boston i guess. the thing that worries me is that we need more than some 15 goal scorers. we need some 20-25 guys.

We need any scorers. He may have a reputation of not being to motivated through the regular season, but playing basically in his home town may be motivation enough. His big, can skate and hits.

25Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:35 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
And the 2016/2017 buyout candidates are starting to line up...

Matt Niskanen, meanwhile, wants a 6-to-7 year deal at a minimum of $6M per year. Some teams balking, some pushing hard (DET, TB among them)

Christian Ehrhoff is looking for a deal in the five-year range... Some teams have dropped out of the race as a result.

Leafs expected to make another offer to re-sign Bolland today. I don't see Toronto going beyond 5 yrs or $25 mil. May not be enough.

Can't save GMs from themselves.

26Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:04 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Let the frenzy start!

27Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:12 am

NEELY


Mod
Mod
rooneypoo wrote:And the 2016/2017 buyout candidates are starting to line up...

Matt Niskanen, meanwhile, wants a 6-to-7 year deal at a minimum of $6M per year. Some teams balking, some pushing hard (DET, TB among them)

Christian Ehrhoff is looking for a deal in the five-year range... Some teams have dropped out of the race as a result.

Leafs expected to make another offer to re-sign Bolland today. I don't see Toronto going beyond 5 yrs or $25 mil. May not be enough.

Can't save GMs from themselves.

Wouldn't touch him for that.

28Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:27 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Pouliot is a classic Melnyk/Murray move.  Not that it's a BAD move, just not exactly the high-end winger we need.  Typical #budget signing.

29Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:41 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Pouliot is a classic Melnyk/Murray move.  Not that it's a BAD move, just not exactly the high-end winger we need.  Typical #budget signing.

Makes no sense, Pittsburgh is after him as well. Teams need depth guys, those aren't budget signings.

They are still looking for another top LW in addition to him.

Don't troll on this day please.

30Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:33 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm not trolling. We have a history of looking for potentially undervalued guys. It's not a bad strategy, it's just not going to put you over the top. MacArthur worked out really well in this regard.

31Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:36 am

NEELY


Mod
Mod
tim1_2 wrote:I'm not trolling. We have a history of looking for potentially undervalued guys. It's not a bad strategy, it's just not going to put you over the top.  MacArthur worked out really well in this regard.

Sens need to figure out how to get to the point where they need a guy to put them over the top. Right now filing roles and letting guys develop is pretty important.

32Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Why what's wrong with ehrhoff wanting a 5 year deal.

33Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:42 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
We won't be adding to our d, it is set, and they will be moving one out soon

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum