You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 67]

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:I like gorges.  Would love him here.

He has a NTC and gives Mtl 15 teams he will accept a trade to. As per Bob MacKenzie, all those 15 teams are in the US.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Meh.  He's still young and can play an excellent 2nd pairing role IMO.

Remember when we traded VOlchie? He was 2 years younger than Gorges is today.
You can only block so much shots in one career IMO.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
He's so upset, wow. Says he's in shock.

Montreal wants Boyle apparently, so I guess they're shipping out gorges to sign Boyle.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Did Phaneuf criticize Gunnarson when Gunner got traded? Anyone have anything on that?

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6m

UFA goalie Ryan Miller is in VAN being wooed by Canucks' brass.
might be the best idea for Van but i guess this puts an end to the idea that Miller will only go to a contender.

My guess is that they sign Miller, then go back and forth on whether Lack or Miller is the true #1. Then Miller'll ask for a trade, only to see that they trade Lack instead. Then they'll trade Miller for a bag of pucks and go with Markstrom as the number one. Rinse and repeat.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Wow, they didn't have to retain?  Damn.  

Tampa retained. They ate a third.

Clearly, they didn't have any interest in his services. Pure cap dump.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:He's so upset, wow.  Says he's in shock.  

Montreal wants Boyle apparently, so I guess they're shipping out gorges to sign Boyle.

I think Detroit wants Boyle as well.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
whatever happens it seems we'll have boyle playing against us in the division... not cool. why are we not in on this?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:whatever happens it seems we'll have boyle playing against us in the division... not cool. why are we not in on this?

That's a good thing, actually.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Boyle will get too much term and money for an ancient, slowing dman.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
What if Detroit signs both Boyle & Iginla. Where does Alfie fit?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Nowhere. They won't sign him I don't think.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Toronto is in rough shape.

About $17M left to sign a pile of players. They currently have 8F/4D/1G on the books. Unless they bring up some rookies, they have some work ahead of them.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran
spader wrote:Toronto is in rough shape.

About $17M left to sign a pile of players. They currently have 8F/4D/1G on the books. Unless they bring up some rookies, they have some work ahead of them.

Rumours are they are trying to move Lupul. You don't think that's the player Murray's getting?

spader

All-Star
All-Star
sandysensfan wrote:
spader wrote:Toronto is in rough shape.

Rumours are they are trying to move Lupul.  You don't think that's the player Murray's getting?

Are you asking if I think Lupul is the player Murray suggested as a target? If so, no.

Murray suggested a C in the $3M range, at least that's what I read on here. Lupul is a $5.25M LW and plays on the Sens most hated rival. I find it very unlikely.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
tim1_2 wrote:Boyle will get too much term and money for an ancient, slowing dman.
Rangers sign D Dan Boyle to two-year, $9-million deal.

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran
Worst move on July 1st:

Claude Giroux spent the night in an Ottawa jail for repeatedly grabbing a cop's Donkey.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
dennycrane wrote:Worst move on July 1st:

Claude Giroux spent the night in an Ottawa jail for repeatedly grabbing a cop's Donkey.

I hope it wasn't a dude.  Facepalm

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum