General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Share

    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:27 am

    LeCaptain wrote:So the Oilers are gonna play Draisaitl?

    Facepalm
    The NHL should intervene and fire management if ownership doesn't.
    Maybe they'll give him the 9 games to see...

    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by LeCaptain on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:03 pm

    Did you watch the TSN top 50 players video?
    Duthie took a random Lightning game and asked Stamkos what he did in that game and Stamkos described the 2 goals he scored perfectly Vertigo

    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:18 pm

    Those guys seem to remember every detail in every game... no idea how they do that.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13116
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:22 pm

    shabbs wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:So the Oilers are gonna play Draisaitl?

    Facepalm
    The NHL should intervene and fire management if ownership doesn't.
    Maybe they'll give him the 9 games to see...
    they Cussed up by trading gagne. No idea why they did that, Tampa was trying to get rid of Purcell. Now they effectively placed themselves in a situation without a number 2 C
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by rooneypoo on Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:39 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:So the Oilers are gonna play Draisaitl?

    Facepalm
    The NHL should intervene and fire management if ownership doesn't.
    Maybe they'll give him the 9 games to see...
    they Cussed up by trading gagne. No idea why they did that, Tampa was trying to get rid of Purcell. Now they effectively placed themselves in a situation without a number 2 C

    Filppula is TB's #2C.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:48 pm

    rooneypoo wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:So the Oilers are gonna play Draisaitl?

    Facepalm
    The NHL should intervene and fire management if ownership doesn't.
    Maybe they'll give him the 9 games to see...
    they Cussed up by trading gagne. No idea why they did that, Tampa was trying to get rid of Purcell. Now they effectively placed themselves in a situation without a number 2 C

    Filppula is TB's #2C.

    Nice add for the Bolts.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13116
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:03 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:So the Oilers are gonna play Draisaitl?

    Facepalm
    The NHL should intervene and fire management if ownership doesn't.
    Maybe they'll give him the 9 games to see...
    they Cussed up by trading gagne. No idea why they did that, Tampa was trying to get rid of Purcell. Now they effectively placed themselves in a situation without a number 2 C

    Filppula is TB's #2C.

    Nice add for the Bolts.
    I'm talking about Edmonton entering the season without a number 2c.
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by rooneypoo on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:06 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:So the Oilers are gonna play Draisaitl?

    Facepalm
    The NHL should intervene and fire management if ownership doesn't.
    Maybe they'll give him the 9 games to see...
    they Cussed up by trading gagne. No idea why they did that, Tampa was trying to get rid of Purcell. Now they effectively placed themselves in a situation without a number 2 C

    Filppula is TB's #2C.

    Nice add for the Bolts.
    I'm talking about Edmonton entering the season without a number 2c.

    Ah. Yeah, that was dumb, no doubt about it. But who expects anything different out of EDM these days? Laugh1
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54417
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:56 am

    They don't have a 2c?
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by LeCaptain on Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:23 am

    SpezDispenser wrote:They don't have a 2c?

    Yes, a 18 year old kid from Germany
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by rooneypoo on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:01 am

    So, CHI just signed Carcillo, leaving them about $1.8 mil over the cap. My guess is they need to clear closer to $3 mil off the books to have injury/call up breathing room.

    As much as I'd like Hjalmarsson, CHI has 7 D but 14 forwards, with Teravainen pressing hard, so I'm thinking it has to be someone like Sharp, Hossa, or Bickell. Either that, or you have to dump two forwards, like Versteeg and Shaw.

    Granted, if Hjalmarsson is the one moving out, I think OTT should be in there offering an LW Dman not named Methot -- yes, including Cowen, although me makes too much for that to work.

    EDIT: sounds like it might be Leddy. http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/nick-leddy-appears-to-be-on-the-way-out-in-chicago. But on his own, he's not enough to fix CHI's cap situation. It has to be Leddy+ moving out.

    EDIT 2: BMac says it's close... Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m3 minutes ago
    Expectation is CHI close to trading D Nick Leddy, who has been held out of pre-season games (to protect asset). That would ease cap crunch.


    Last edited by rooneypoo on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by rooneypoo on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:49 am

    BOS is another team who needs to make a move... Putting Savard on LTIR just gets them to the cap, but they're going to need to clear $1-2 mil in space for injuries/calls ups too.

    BOS has 8 serviceable Dmen... They might trade Boychuk if they are convinced they won't be able to re-sign him. McQuaid is the other candidate. They have a few expendable high priced forwards, like Eriksson and Kelly, but they appear to have less roster-ready guys there, so I'm think it has to be a D who moves by Tuesday next week.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47946
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:54 am

    Would have to be Leddy+forward. They could also send Regin and Rundblad down to the AHL and bring them up as injury replacements. Next season it could be a lot worse if the cap doesn't go up as much as hoped for any reason.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by rooneypoo on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:04 pm

    wprager wrote:Would have to be Leddy+forward. They could also send Regin and Rundblad down to the AHL and bring them up as injury replacements. Next season it could be a lot worse if the cap doesn't go up as much as hoped for any reason.

    I don't think you can bury money in the minors like you used to be able to under the old CBA. I think there is still some financial consequences to the NHL club if you try to do so. But I don't have that CBA passage at hand or anything.
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by rooneypoo on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:07 pm

    BOS and CHI lighting up the waiver wire as we speak...

    Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m1 minute ago
    BOS puts Jordan Caron on waivers.

    Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m2 minutes ago
    CHI puts Leighton and Regin on waivers.

    Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m minutes ago
    Warsofsky and Cunningham also on waivers in BOS.

    EDIT: Cunningham and Caron are forwards #12 and #13 on the CapGeek roster. Warsofsky is, by contrast, is not counting towards the cap there.

    For CHI, Leighton is also not on CapGeek's NHL roster and so waiving him doesn't change the situation.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54417
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:44 pm

    Caron...isn't he pretty good? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

    Edit: appears to be run of the mill. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=96371
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13116
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Flo The Action on Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:58 pm

    rooneypoo wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:So the Oilers are gonna play Draisaitl?

    Facepalm
    The NHL should intervene and fire management if ownership doesn't.
    Maybe they'll give him the 9 games to see...
    they Cussed up by trading gagne. No idea why they did that, Tampa was trying to get rid of Purcell. Now they effectively placed themselves in a situation without a number 2 C

    Filppula is TB's #2C.

    Nice add for the Bolts.
    I'm talking about Edmonton entering the season without a number 2c.

    Ah. Yeah, that was dumb, no doubt about it. But who expects anything different out of EDM these days? Laugh1
    sad and tormented edmonton fans... the poor lot of them.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13116
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Flo The Action on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:03 pm

    is it safe to say caron will be a NYI by tomorrow or maybe an oiler?

    Sponsored content

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:59 am