General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54631
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Caron...isn't he pretty good? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Edit: appears to be run of the mill. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=96371

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13356
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:58 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:So the Oilers are gonna play Draisaitl?

Facepalm
    The NHL should intervene and fire management if ownership doesn't.
    Maybe they'll give him the 9 games to see...
    they Cussed up by trading gagne. No idea why they did that, Tampa was trying to get rid of Purcell. Now they effectively placed themselves in a situation without a number 2 C

Filppula is TB's #2C.

Nice add for the Bolts.
    I'm talking about Edmonton entering the season without a number 2c.

Ah. Yeah, that was dumb, no doubt about it. But who expects anything different out of EDM these days? Laugh1
    sad and tormented edmonton fans... the poor lot of them.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:03 pm

is it safe to say caron will be a NYI by tomorrow or maybe an oiler?
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10071
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:10 pm

rooneypoo wrote:BOS and CHI lighting up the waiver wire as we speak...

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m1 minute ago
    BOS puts Jordan Caron on waivers.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m2 minutes ago
    CHI puts Leighton and Regin on waivers.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m minutes ago
    Warsofsky and Cunningham also on waivers in BOS.

EDIT: Cunningham and Caron are forwards #12 and #13 on the CapGeek roster. Warsofsky is, by contrast, is not counting towards the cap there.

For CHI, Leighton is also not on CapGeek's NHL roster and so waiving him doesn't change the situation.

Who had the "No one can stop Regin" sig line back in the day? I can't remember exactly what it said, but he's proving them wrong.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:11 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
    wprager wrote:Would have to be Leddy+forward. They could also send Regin and Rundblad down to the AHL and bring them up as injury replacements. Next season it could be a lot worse if the cap doesn't go up as much as hoped for any reason.

I don't think you can bury money in the minors like you used to be able to under the old CBA. I think there is still some financial consequences to the NHL club if you try to do so. But I don't have that CBA passage at hand or anything.

You should just ask Notch. Sarcasm Are you two still really close friends?
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:13 pm

rooneypoo wrote:So, CHI just signed Carcillo, leaving them about $1.8 mil over the cap. My guess is they need to clear closer to $3 mil off the books to have injury/call up breathing room.

As much as I'd like Hjalmarsson, CHI has 7 D but 14 forwards, with Teravainen pressing hard, so I'm thinking it has to be someone like Sharp, Hossa, or Bickell. Either that, or you have to dump two forwards, like Versteeg and Shaw.

Granted, if Hjalmarsson is the one moving out, I think OTT should be in there offering an LW Dman not named Methot -- yes, including Cowen, although me makes too much for that to work.

EDIT: sounds like it might be Leddy. http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/nick-leddy-appears-to-be-on-the-way-out-in-chicago. But on his own, he's not enough to fix CHI's cap situation. It has to be Leddy+ moving out.

EDIT 2: BMac says it's close... Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m3 minutes ago
    Expectation is CHI close to trading D Nick Leddy, who has been held out of pre-season games (to protect asset). That would ease cap crunch.

Young Teuvo was assigned to Rockford today.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Brodeur is skating with the Olympiques. C'mon man. Hang them up with dignity.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48304
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:42 pm

spader wrote:
    Who had the "No one can stop Regin" sig line back in the day? I can't remember exactly what it said, but he's proving them wrong.

Pretty sure it was 504Heater/SpezDispenser. Something like Regin is the 2nd line center and everyone else move out of the way.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:43 pm

spader wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    wprager wrote:Would have to be Leddy+forward. They could also send Regin and Rundblad down to the AHL and bring them up as injury replacements. Next season it could be a lot worse if the cap doesn't go up as much as hoped for any reason.

I don't think you can bury money in the minors like you used to be able to under the old CBA. I think there is still some financial consequences to the NHL club if you try to do so. But I don't have that CBA passage at hand or anything.

You should just ask Notch. Sarcasm Are you two still really close friends?

They wouldn't save much by buying Regin out, so I'm pretty sure they are sending him down. I don't know exactly what the rules are, but I believe it's only contracts over $1M. Regin is making $650K.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:44 pm

spader wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:So, CHI just signed Carcillo, leaving them about $1.8 mil over the cap. My guess is they need to clear closer to $3 mil off the books to have injury/call up breathing room.

As much as I'd like Hjalmarsson, CHI has 7 D but 14 forwards, with Teravainen pressing hard, so I'm thinking it has to be someone like Sharp, Hossa, or Bickell. Either that, or you have to dump two forwards, like Versteeg and Shaw.

Granted, if Hjalmarsson is the one moving out, I think OTT should be in there offering an LW Dman not named Methot -- yes, including Cowen, although me makes too much for that to work.

EDIT: sounds like it might be Leddy. http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/nick-leddy-appears-to-be-on-the-way-out-in-chicago. But on his own, he's not enough to fix CHI's cap situation. It has to be Leddy+ moving out.

EDIT 2: BMac says it's close... Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m3 minutes ago
    Expectation is CHI close to trading D Nick Leddy, who has been held out of pre-season games (to protect asset). That would ease cap crunch.

Young Teuvo was assigned to Rockford today.

He'll have to press harder.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:45 pm

spader wrote:Brodeur is skating with the Olympiques. C'mon man. Hang them up with dignity.

You're telling a man who slept with his wife's sister to have dignity?

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:54 pm

isles acquire Boychuck and leddy. again gunning for a playoff spot i can see.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:56 pm

so much for cicarelli not wanting to deal Boychuck. then again maybe it wasn't realistic of him to think he could keep him.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Leddy to the Isles for 3 players.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:05 pm

wprager wrote:Leddy to the Isles for 3 players.

Was about to add the Boychuk trade but too late, why bother. Apparently there's someone with even less of a life than me.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Flo The Action wrote:so much for cicarelli not wanting to deal Boychuck. then again maybe it wasn't realistic of him to think he could keep him.

Dino or Peter?

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Flo The Action wrote:so much for cicarelli not wanting to deal Boychuck. then again maybe it wasn't realistic of him to think he could keep him.

I reported that Boston was open to trading Boychuk several days ago.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Boychuk deal was for two 2nd rounders plus a conditional pick.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:45 pm