You are not connected. Please login or register

» Other Sports Talk » Football - Euro and NA » The NFL is back baby...

The NFL is back baby...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 21]

286The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:26 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
This is it baby, Let's go Pats!

287The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:27 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Games are at 4 and 8 today, right?

I hate to be "that guy", but I'm most looking forward to Green Bay and Dallas tomorrow.

288The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:31 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
I think most people are waiting for that game too. Hopefully the Aaron destroys those cheaters Sarcasm

289The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:04 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
I hate the Packers but I hope they beat the piss out of Dallas.

290The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Games are at 4 and 8 today, right?

I hate to be "that guy", but I'm most looking forward to Green Bay and Dallas tomorrow.

LeCaptain wrote:I think most people are waiting for that game too. Hopefully the Aaron destroys those cheaters Sarcasm

NEELY wrote:I hate the Packers but I hope they beat the piss out of Dallas.

You know how the ad goes -- anything can happen.

But probably not.

291The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:10 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
What a game by both QBs.
I stressed my life Ahhhhh!

292The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:22 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
LeCaptain wrote:What a game by both QBs.
I stressed my life Ahhhhh!

Just a wildly entertaining game.  Good stuff.

293The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:55 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
THis one is insane also

294The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I don't see how they ruled that incomplete. He caught it with two hands, took two steps after coming down, then tried to dive for the endzone with one hand on the ball. If the ruling is that he came down without possession then how do they work around the fact that he had both hands on it and took two steps after coming down?

295The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:09 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He didn't really take "steps", and you need to maintain control of the ball as you come yo the ground, which he didn't. It was close, but they made the right call.

296The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:He didn't really take "steps", and you need to maintain control of the ball as you come yo the ground, which he didn't. It was close, but they made the right call.

Did he have two hands on the ball when he caught it? Yes he did. Did he come down with both feet on the ground and the ball still in both hands? Yes. Whether you like it or not he *did* take two steps. Sure, those were steps taken to keep his balance, but this is not a dismount in gymnastics where you are supposed to "stick it". Then he lunged for the goal line.

I believe the rule they were quoting was when the ball is caught in the air and then the player falls to the ground. He didn't fall, he landed on both feet and took two steps.

I don't follow the NFL. I don't have a favorite tea. If anything, I don't like the Cowboys because for years they were forced on everyone as "America's Team" (I think that was in the 80s). I don't hate the Packers. I have no bias one way or the other (I also didn't watch what went on last week -- are you sure you are not biased against them for that?)

297The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:07 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Meh.  From the head of NFL officiating: "Bryant going to the ground. By rule he must hold onto it throughout entire process of contacting the ground. He didn't so it is incomplete."

298The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:30 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Justice.

299The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:12 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:Meh.  From the head of NFL officiating: "Bryant going to the ground. By rule he must hold onto it throughout entire process of contacting the ground. He didn't so it is incomplete."

He took three steps, had the ball, and had full control when he reached out towards the end zone. Should have been a catch.

300The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:14 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Yah well it should have been pass int the week before which more than likely leads to a loss at home against the Lions so karma caught up. Tough break.

301The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:12 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:Yah well it should have been pass int the week before which more than likely leads to a loss at home against the Lions so karma caught up.  Tough break.

Cowboys would have won. Detroit has no offense.

302The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:51 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Haha yah, Tate, Johnson, Stafford... no offence, lol

303The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Meh.  From the head of NFL officiating: "Bryant going to the ground. By rule he must hold onto it throughout entire process of contacting the ground. He didn't so it is incomplete."

Here's the rule:

The NFL is back baby... - Page 20 B7J4HYQIUAA7QO9

He caught the ball with two hands then, after landing with both feet in-bounds and taking two steps he moved the ball from two hands to one and dove for the endzone. It's clear as day as to what his intent was -- he was trying to squeeze out a touchdown. He didn't bobble the ball and re-catch it with one hand, he transferred it *with control* from a two-handed hold to a one-handed hold with the obvious intention of diving with the ball-hand outstretched while using the other hand to brace for the fall.

In my opinion the act of transferring a ball from a two handed hold to one hand and then executing a dive toward the endzone constitutes an "act common to the game".

P.S. Also Pierre McGuire agrees Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum