GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Other Sports Talk » Football - Euro and NA » The NFL is back baby...

The NFL is back baby...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 21]

301The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:12 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:Yah well it should have been pass int the week before which more than likely leads to a loss at home against the Lions so karma caught up.  Tough break.

Cowboys would have won. Detroit has no offense.

302The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:51 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Haha yah, Tate, Johnson, Stafford... no offence, lol

303The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:29 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Meh.  From the head of NFL officiating: "Bryant going to the ground. By rule he must hold onto it throughout entire process of contacting the ground. He didn't so it is incomplete."

Here's the rule:

The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 B7J4HYQIUAA7QO9

He caught the ball with two hands then, after landing with both feet in-bounds and taking two steps he moved the ball from two hands to one and dove for the endzone. It's clear as day as to what his intent was -- he was trying to squeeze out a touchdown. He didn't bobble the ball and re-catch it with one hand, he transferred it *with control* from a two-handed hold to a one-handed hold with the obvious intention of diving with the ball-hand outstretched while using the other hand to brace for the fall.

In my opinion the act of transferring a ball from a two handed hold to one hand and then executing a dive toward the endzone constitutes an "act common to the game".

P.S. Also Pierre McGuire agrees Smile

304The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:32 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
An opportunity given to them by the refs in the first place... so who cares. It's Seattle/Green Bay, the way it was supposed to shape up anyways.

305The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:Justice.

Sure. I haven't seen last week's fiasco but I've heard about it enough. Plus getting on the one-yard line doesn't guarantee a win (3 minutes for the Pack to get in field goal range).

But it's still clear that refereeing in the NFL is pretty bad, and the rulebook is a mess (how can you say ", etc" when trying to define what constitutes an act common to the game).

306The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Yah well it should have been pass int the week before which more than likely leads to a loss at home against the Lions so karma caught up.  Tough break.

Probably still would have lost to the Packers on a field goal after the pass/TD/convert.

307The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:06 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Probably still would have lost to the Packers on a field goal after the pass/TD/convert.

Probably, actually.

308The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:19 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
THis is it baby. Go Pats!!!

309The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:16 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
So who's gonna win this Superbowl dealie? I would guess the Pats but I know diddly.

310The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:25 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
Who is the underdog ? I always cheer for the underdog (except in hockey)

311The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:29 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
TheAvatar wrote:Who is the underdog ?  I always cheer for the underdog (except in hockey)

I haven't seen the betting lines, but I imagine the Seahawks are a slight underdog.

312The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:01 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
TheAvatar wrote:Who is the underdog ?  I always cheer for the underdog (except in hockey)

The footballs. They're the under(inflated)dog.

313The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:06 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:It's over for the Pats for sure.  

Laugh1

314The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:11 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Seattle lost the game. New England didn't win it

315The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:40 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Why they didn't just let Lynch waltz into the end zone.

316The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:Seattle lost the game. New England didn't win it

Except for the part where they outplayed them through most of the game. That interception on the first drive was just as "lucky" as the one that ended it, but that miraculous catch rules both of those. The guy that was nice enough to jump over the fallen Seahawk better get a talking to -- if the ball's there you plow through him. This ain't pre-school.

317The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I love how advertisers who aren't allowed to use the words "Super Bowl" have to lower themselves to phrases like this: "In honor of The Big Game, we've deflated our prices..." to somehow associate their brand with the Super Bowl. How embarrassing.

318The NFL is back baby... - Page 21 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:05 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:Seattle lost the game. New England didn't win it

Seattle? You mean the team who wasn't even suppsoed to be in the superbowl?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum