GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Other Sports Talk » Football - Euro and NA » The NFL is back baby...

The NFL is back baby...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 21]

61The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:18 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oh boy...

62The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:03 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Lions win the North this year, book it.

63The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:13 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Not too difficult lol

64The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:36 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Giants have a lot of work to do... a LOT of work... gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG season for me.

65The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:29 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:he can go to the CFL

There is a 0% chance any CFL team signs Ray Rice. Nobody wants that PR mess. He is also "suspended indefinitely" by the NFL.

The Giants looked incredibly terrible last night. Wow.

I watched the Saints/Falcons game Sunday afternoon. That was some entertaining stuff!

66The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:36 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Giants looked like a PeeWee Football team. Oh man. What's even worse is that while everyone is talking about the new systems the Giants are putting in place and the adjustment needed, the Lions did the same thing and have new D and O coordinators and systems etc... they were able to execute perfectly. Having Megatron helps, no doubt. The Giants just don't have the players and the skill to be competitive this year, again. Will be a long season if this keeps up.

67The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:10 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod
shabbs wrote:The Giants looked like a PeeWee Football team. Oh man. What's even worse is that while everyone is talking about the new systems the Giants are putting in place and the adjustment needed, the Lions did the same thing and have new D and O coordinators and systems etc... they were able to execute perfectly. Having Megatron helps, no doubt. The Giants just don't have the players and the skill to be competitive this year, again. Will be a long season if this keeps up.

Nope, Lions looked that good. That offense is the best in the NFL. Division is theirs for the taking this year and a first round playoff buy, only question is where they play the NFC championship game, Seattle or Detroit.

68The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:25 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The chemistry between Megatron and Stafford was pretty evident... that's a huge thing for them.

Eli just looked lost out there. No one was on the same page. Bah.

69The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:24 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Can't blame Manning for that show last night.

Using 3 tight ends (2 that can catch) and having Tate as an option along with the speed of Bush back there makes the Lions a pretty dynamic team on offense. Bell is also criminally underrated IMO and will have a big season running between the tackles.

70The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/janay-rice-takes-media-to-task-for/

Janay defends Rice on Instagram, bashes the media. Can't blame her, since this is significantly affecting her future divorce settlement.

71The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:03 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Apparently she spit in his face right before he clocked her. They both seem nuts, but he should obviously be in prison.

72The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:17 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Everything about the Rice's problems are wrong... except them being meant for each other. Neither one is right here and are completely disgusting people so maybe they are good for each other.

73The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Apparently she spit in his face right before he clocked her.  They both seem nuts, but he should obviously be in prison.

Tell me, if two guys argue in a bar, and one spits in the other's face, then gets knocked out by one punch, would you still be saying he "should obviously be in prison"?

It's assault, but it's not "plain and simple" because there were extenuating circumstances. He may be a scumbag for hitting a woman but it makes it no more or less of a criminal act.

74The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:19 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:The Giants looked like a PeeWee Football team. Oh man. What's even worse is that while everyone is talking about the new systems the Giants are putting in place and the adjustment needed, the Lions did the same thing and have new D and O coordinators and systems etc... they were able to execute perfectly. Having Megatron helps, no doubt. The Giants just don't have the players and the skill to be competitive this year, again. Will be a long season if this keeps up.

Nope, Lions looked that good.  That offense is the best in the NFL.  Division is theirs for the taking this year and a first round playoff buy, only question is where they play the NFC championship game, Seattle or Detroit.

Getting carried away. Nowhere close to the best offense in the nfl. Best receive, about it.

75The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:55 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod
With Bush, Tate, and Bell all being options now Stafford will be able to actually play the game rather than always looking Johnson or throwing the ball away.

76The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:46 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NFL opening an investigation into the video...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11505460/former-fbi-director-probe-rice-case

RiceGate? VideoGate?

77The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:07 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:NFL opening an investigation into the video...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11505460/former-fbi-director-probe-rice-case

RiceGate? VideoGate?

What's he going to say -- I saw the video but I did not inhale? He can't really say, yes, we received the video but we didn't really have to watch it.

I still say the video doesn't add anything that the video of him dragging her around. He punched her, he admitted it, and the original video showed her completely knocked out. Does it really matter if it was a jab or hook or whatever? It was his punch and she was knocked out, then he showed no remorse or compassion as he dragged her around. If that's 2 games and there was little outcry about it then, what does this new evidence add?

The question should be why was he not jailed? If he was jailed then I'm sure the NFL would have suspended him indefinitely (no choice). As it happened, the charges were dropped, the couple got married, so what was the NFL supposed to do? Well, they should have suspended him indefinitely, but that would have been a very risky move given that the charges had been dropped.

78The NFL is back baby... - Page 5 Empty Re: The NFL is back baby... on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:25 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Some lower exec is gonna take the fall for this. They'll say the NFL received it but it was never sent up the chain etc... blah blah blah... he gets fired.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum