You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 11]

46 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:34 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Paul and Harpur named to the Subway Series roster. Not that big a deal but I'm hoping that means Harpur's injury is not serious.

47 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:36 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
LeCaptain wrote:I always thought he should have been given a one way. There was not a single red flag in his game and I don't get it until this day why they just let him rot in Bingo.

I recall we were all surprised they sent him back to Bingo, but I thought in the long run it would continue to help his development. Now...he appears ready and he's part of a numbers games where Murray wants to see his draft picks first. Fair enough, but this coming off-season, hopefully he gets a chance.

48 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:56 pm

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
there were some questions about DaCosta's ability to play in the NHL due to his size and physicality. I think zib was given the tap also because of this. Now in the KHL where they play a less physical game it is possible he flourishes there as opposed to here. i'm not saying he shouldn't be given a chance here but i could see how there could of been different opinions on who should be given a chance. also didn't DaCosta have to go through waivers? i can't remember but since no other teams picked him up that would signal other teams weren't interested.

49 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:04 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
There weren't any waivers. The Sens qualified him and he didn't sign it. He's still Sens property if he ever wants to come back to the NHL (although there may be an expiry date on that).

50 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:18 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:There weren't any waivers.  The Sens qualified him and he didn't sign it.  He's still Sens property if he ever wants to come back to the NHL (although there may be an expiry date on that).

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/10/17/ottawa-senators-place-stephane-da-costa-on-waivers

No teams picked him up but it was a year ago.

51 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:34 am

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
LeCaptain wrote:
wprager wrote:There weren't any waivers.  The Sens qualified him and he didn't sign it.  He's still Sens property if he ever wants to come back to the NHL (although there may be an expiry date on that).

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/10/17/ottawa-senators-place-stephane-da-costa-on-waivers

that's what i mean. there could be issues with his effectiveness in the NHL. being good in the K does not necessarily mean you do well here. it's a lot less physical. leaves more room for players.

52 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:50 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:there were some questions about DaCosta's ability to play in the NHL due to his size and physicality. I think zib was given the tap also because of this. Now in the KHL where they play a less physical game it is possible he flourishes there as opposed to here. i'm not saying he shouldn't be given a chance here but i could see how there could of been different opinions on who should be given a chance. also didn't DaCosta have to go through waivers? i can't remember but since no other teams picked him up that would signal other teams weren't interested.

I don't think the Sens will be worried about Da Costa or Pageau not being able to play in the NHL because of their size. They'll trot them out there if and when there's a chance and if they can hack it, great, if not, that's that.

53 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:15 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

that's what i mean. there could be issues with his effectiveness in the NHL. being good in the K does not necessarily mean you do well here. it's a lot less physical. leaves more room for players.

He's as physical as Desharnais and I would say as skilled if not more.

54 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:17 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
LeCaptain wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

I don't know where I'd put him whether this year or next.

At some point I think Zib becomes the odd man out. Da Costa would have crushed it playing with Ryan and Chiasson this year.

55 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:04 pm

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

I don't know where I'd put him whether this year or next.

At some point I think Zib becomes the odd man out. Da Costa would have crushed it playing with Ryan and Chiasson this year.
that's the thing, maybe that makes zib the odd man out now. but long run zib is probably the best player. they need to play him even if it doesn't make us the best team. that or you move legwand to the wing.

56 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:10 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star
I think Legwand has been a nice surprise. I'd keep him right where he is. Let Zib play through the issues he's having. Hopefully he becomes the 2LC that we expect.

57 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:I think Legwand has been a nice surprise. I'd keep him right where he is. Let Zib play through the issues he's having. Hopefully he becomes the 2LC that we expect.

I'm not surprised. This is all playing out as I predicted. As usual.

58 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:20 pm

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:I think Legwand has been a nice surprise. I'd keep him right where he is. Let Zib play through the issues he's having. Hopefully he becomes the 2LC that we expect.
yeah but this was all in context of DaCosta returning to ottawa.

59 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:01 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Anyone know what prospects the Sens currently have in the WHL? I want to go check out a Raiders game, but if I can also watch a prospect play, all the better.

60 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:13 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I'll update Monday btw.

61 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:35 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Here's the latest Sens Prospects update:
http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/Prospect%20update_Oct%2020.pdf

No WHL players are listed.

62 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Wideman named AHL player of the week

63 Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:50 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Guy is and always has been a legit prospect, poor man's Dan Boyle, been saying that for a long time. He just needs a shot but he might not get it up in Ottawa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum