Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47946
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15

Post by wprager on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:34 pm

Paul and Harpur named to the Subway Series roster. Not that big a deal but I'm hoping that means Harpur's injury is not serious.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54417
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:36 pm

LeCaptain wrote:I always thought he should have been given a one way. There was not a single red flag in his game and I don't get it until this day why they just let him rot in Bingo.

I recall we were all surprised they sent him back to Bingo, but I thought in the long run it would continue to help his development. Now...he appears ready and he's part of a numbers games where Murray wants to see his draft picks first. Fair enough, but this coming off-season, hopefully he gets a chance.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13116
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:56 pm

there were some questions about DaCosta's ability to play in the NHL due to his size and physicality. I think zib was given the tap also because of this. Now in the KHL where they play a less physical game it is possible he flourishes there as opposed to here. i'm not saying he shouldn't be given a chance here but i could see how there could of been different opinions on who should be given a chance. also didn't DaCosta have to go through waivers? i can't remember but since no other teams picked him up that would signal other teams weren't interested.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:04 pm

There weren't any waivers. The Sens qualified him and he didn't sign it. He's still Sens property if he ever wants to come back to the NHL (although there may be an expiry date on that).

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:18 am

wprager wrote:There weren't any waivers. The Sens qualified him and he didn't sign it. He's still Sens property if he ever wants to come back to the NHL (although there may be an expiry date on that).

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/10/17/ottawa-senators-place-stephane-da-costa-on-waivers

No teams picked him up but it was a year ago.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:34 am

LeCaptain wrote:
    wprager wrote:There weren't any waivers. The Sens qualified him and he didn't sign it. He's still Sens property if he ever wants to come back to the NHL (although there may be an expiry date on that).

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/10/17/ottawa-senators-place-stephane-da-costa-on-waivers

that's what i mean. there could be issues with his effectiveness in the NHL. being good in the K does not necessarily mean you do well here. it's a lot less physical. leaves more room for players.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:50 am

Flo The Action wrote:there were some questions about DaCosta's ability to play in the NHL due to his size and physicality. I think zib was given the tap also because of this. Now in the KHL where they play a less physical game it is possible he flourishes there as opposed to here. i'm not saying he shouldn't be given a chance here but i could see how there could of been different opinions on who should be given a chance. also didn't DaCosta have to go through waivers? i can't remember but since no other teams picked him up that would signal other teams weren't interested.

I don't think the Sens will be worried about Da Costa or Pageau not being able to play in the NHL because of their size. They'll trot them out there if and when there's a chance and if they can hack it, great, if not, that's that.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:15 am

Flo The Action wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:

that's what i mean. there could be issues with his effectiveness in the NHL. being good in the K does not necessarily mean you do well here. it's a lot less physical. leaves more room for players.

He's as physical as Desharnais and I would say as skilled if not more.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1950
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:17 pm

LeCaptain wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:

I don't know where I'd put him whether this year or next.

At some point I think Zib becomes the odd man out. Da Costa would have crushed it playing with Ryan and Chiasson this year.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:04 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:

I don't know where I'd put him whether this year or next.

At some point I think Zib becomes the odd man out. Da Costa would have crushed it playing with Ryan and Chiasson this year.
    that's the thing, maybe that makes zib the odd man out now. but long run zib is probably the best player. they need to play him even if it doesn't make us the best team. that or you move legwand to the wing.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:10 pm

I think Legwand has been a nice surprise. I'd keep him right where he is. Let Zib play through the issues he's having. Hopefully he becomes the 2LC that we expect.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24764
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:14 pm

spader wrote:I think Legwand has been a nice surprise. I'd keep him right where he is. Let Zib play through the issues he's having. Hopefully he becomes the 2LC that we expect.

I'm not surprised. This is all playing out as I predicted. As usual.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:20 pm

spader wrote:I think Legwand has been a nice surprise. I'd keep him right where he is. Let Zib play through the issues he's having. Hopefully he becomes the 2LC that we expect.
    yeah but this was all in context of DaCosta returning to ottawa.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Anyone know what prospects the Sens currently have in the WHL? I want to go check out a Raiders game, but if I can also watch a prospect play, all the better.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:13 pm

I'll update Monday btw.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:35 pm

Here's the latest Sens Prospects update:
    http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/PDFs/Prospect%20update_Oct%2020.pdf

No WHL players are listed.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20860
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Wideman named AHL player of the week

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Guy is and always has been a legit prospect, poor man's Dan Boyle, been saying that for a long time. He just needs a shot but he might not get it up in Ottawa.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:30 am