Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54296
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Tell me about NHL GameCenter

Post by PTFlea on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:38 am

If you have it, I have a few questions.

1.Can I PVR games online and play it back at my leisure. I NEED to be able to PVR the games and play them back after when the baby wakes up.

2.How do you connect it to the TV? Do you use an HDMI Cable and it's that simple?

3.Do any of you use a laptop or computer and connect it to a TV? And if so, does it work well?

Thanks!

PS - Rogers can suck 7 dicks. I'm done with them.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Re: Tell me about NHL GameCenter

Post by NEELY on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:57 am

Game center sucks... I got it for free until Dec 31 and I still think I overpaid.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:12 pm

It's pretty good but you're gonna need an American IP address to not get blacked out. I use Unblock.us which I pay $5 a  month but it also gives me all the netflix regions and access to streaming services that are only available outside of canada so the value is pretty good.

I use it on my laptop, cellphone, and PS3.

Here's a funny thing: Rogers bought it for Canadian customers this year and I believe they charge over $200 per season. Because I have unblock.us, they consider me American so I pay $100 a season, playoffs included.

1. You don't have to PVR games, they are available anytime you wanna watch them. You just go to NHL.com and watch the games.
    2. If it's on the computer, you just plug your HDMI cable.
    3. It lags on my ps3 sometimes but on the computer it's smooth
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24763
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:25 pm

Just another example of the Canadian consumer getting mercilessly buggered to subsidize the US.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:31 pm

LeCaptain wrote:It's pretty good but you're gonna need an American IP address to not get blacked out. I use Unblock.us which I pay $5 a  month but it also gives me all the netflix regions and access to streaming services that are only available outside of canada so the value is pretty good.

I use it on my laptop, cellphone, and PS3.

Here's a funny thing: Rogers bought it for Canadian customers this year and I believe they charge over $200 per season. Because I have unblock.us, they consider me American so I pay $100 a season, playoffs included.

1. You don't have to PVR games, they are available anytime you wanna watch them. You just go to NHL.com and watch the games.
    2. If it's on the computer, you just plug your HDMI cable.
    3. It lags on my ps3 sometimes but on the computer it's smooth

Hmmm, interesting. Unblock.us, then pay 100. Even if it's 200 per season, it beats Rogers ridiculous cable prices.

Thanks!
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Split it with a friend, it works out great. I'm using gamecenter here in the states but really wish when you start a game live that it gave the option to begin from the beginning. It just starts the game from the live point and if u wanna start from the beginning you gotta manually go back. It's simple things they can fix but they don't.

Also something I noticed the past couple games is if you watch the tsn broadcast of the sens, the score ticket and timer don't show on the screen so I have no idea what the score is and more importantly no way of knowing how much time is left in the game or period. Also I get to see no between period coverage. Product of the new agreement between nhl and rogers I fear.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:04 pm

You can see all the in between periods and the score timers except TSN. Even last year was the same. I think TSN does not want to share their analysis lol.

That's why I watch other teams' broadcasts when they play the Sens.

WHen you watch it on ps3/ps4 you can watch from the beginning. You can also turn scores on/off on NHL.com or on the ps3 so that way when you're late you don't know what the score is.
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:20 pm

LeCaptain wrote:You can see all the in between periods and the score timers except TSN. Even last year was the same. I think TSN does not want to share their analysis lol.

That's why I watch other teams' broadcasts when they play the Sens.

WHen you watch it on ps3/ps4 you can watch from the beginning. You can also turn scores on/off on NHL.com or on the ps3 so that way when you're late you don't know what the score is.

I better start using a playstation instead of apple tv. Wonder if xbmc does the same
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:44 pm

Michallica wrote:Split it with a friend, it works out great. I'm using gamecenter here in the states but really wish when you start a game live that it gave the option to begin from the beginning.  It just starts the game from the live point and if u wanna start from the beginning you gotta manually go back. It's simple things they can fix but they don't.

Also something I noticed the past couple games is if you watch the tsn broadcast of the sens, the score ticket and timer don't show on the screen so I have no idea what the score is and more importantly no way of knowing how much time is left in the game or period.  Also I get to see no between period coverage.  Product Abd the movies in the sandwich bags are trade ins?of the new agreement between nhl and rogers I fear.

No! That ruins it. If it starts at the live point that completely ruins it and means I might have to get bell. Why would they start it live? Are they challenged?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:04 pm