You are not connected. Please login or register

Tell me about NHL GameCenter

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tell me about NHL GameCenter on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:38 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
If you have it, I have a few questions.

1.Can I PVR games online and play it back at my leisure. I NEED to be able to PVR the games and play them back after when the baby wakes up.

2.How do you connect it to the TV? Do you use an HDMI Cable and it's that simple?

3.Do any of you use a laptop or computer and connect it to a TV? And if so, does it work well?

Thanks!

PS - Rogers can suck 7 dicks. I'm done with them.

2 Re: Tell me about NHL GameCenter on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:57 am

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Game center sucks... I got it for free until Dec 31 and I still think I overpaid.

3 Re: Tell me about NHL GameCenter on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:12 pm

LeCaptain

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
It's pretty good but you're gonna need an American IP address to not get blacked out. I use Unblock.us which I pay $5 a  month but it also gives me all the netflix regions and access to streaming services that are only available outside of canada so the value is pretty good.

I use it on my laptop, cellphone, and PS3.

Here's a funny thing: Rogers bought it for Canadian customers this year and I believe they charge over $200 per season. Because I have unblock.us, they consider me American so I pay $100 a season, playoffs included.

1. You don't have to PVR games, they are available anytime you wanna watch them. You just go to NHL.com and watch the games.
2. If it's on the computer, you just plug your HDMI cable.
3. It lags on my ps3 sometimes but on the computer it's smooth

4 Re: Tell me about NHL GameCenter on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:25 pm

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Just another example of the Canadian consumer getting mercilessly buggered to subsidize the US.

5 Re: Tell me about NHL GameCenter on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:31 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
LeCaptain wrote:It's pretty good but you're gonna need an American IP address to not get blacked out. I use Unblock.us which I pay $5 a  month but it also gives me all the netflix regions and access to streaming services that are only available outside of canada so the value is pretty good.

I use it on my laptop, cellphone, and PS3.

Here's a funny thing: Rogers bought it for Canadian customers this year and I believe they charge over $200 per season. Because I have unblock.us, they consider me American so I pay $100 a season, playoffs included.

1. You don't have to PVR games, they are available anytime you wanna watch them. You just go to NHL.com and watch the games.
2. If it's on the computer, you just plug your HDMI cable.
3. It lags on my ps3 sometimes but on the computer it's smooth

Hmmm, interesting. Unblock.us, then pay 100. Even if it's 200 per season, it beats Rogers ridiculous cable prices.

Thanks!

6 Re: Tell me about NHL GameCenter on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:46 pm

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Split it with a friend, it works out great. I'm using gamecenter here in the states but really wish when you start a game live that it gave the option to begin from the beginning. It just starts the game from the live point and if u wanna start from the beginning you gotta manually go back. It's simple things they can fix but they don't.

Also something I noticed the past couple games is if you watch the tsn broadcast of the sens, the score ticket and timer don't show on the screen so I have no idea what the score is and more importantly no way of knowing how much time is left in the game or period. Also I get to see no between period coverage. Product of the new agreement between nhl and rogers I fear.

7 Re: Tell me about NHL GameCenter on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:04 pm

LeCaptain

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
You can see all the in between periods and the score timers except TSN. Even last year was the same. I think TSN does not want to share their analysis lol.

That's why I watch other teams' broadcasts when they play the Sens.

WHen you watch it on ps3/ps4 you can watch from the beginning. You can also turn scores on/off on NHL.com or on the ps3 so that way when you're late you don't know what the score is.

8 Re: Tell me about NHL GameCenter on Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:20 pm

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
LeCaptain wrote:You can see all the in between periods and the score timers except TSN. Even last year was the same. I think TSN does not want to share their analysis lol.

That's why I watch other teams' broadcasts when they play the Sens.

WHen you watch it on ps3/ps4 you can watch from the beginning. You can also turn scores on/off on NHL.com or on the ps3 so that way when you're late you don't know what the score is.

I better start using a playstation instead of apple tv. Wonder if xbmc does the same

9 Re: Tell me about NHL GameCenter on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:44 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Michallica wrote:Split it with a friend, it works out great. I'm using gamecenter here in the states but really wish when you start a game live that it gave the option to begin from the beginning.  It just starts the game from the live point and if u wanna start from the beginning you gotta manually go back. It's simple things they can fix but they don't.

Also something I noticed the past couple games is if you watch the tsn broadcast of the sens, the score ticket and timer don't show on the screen so I have no idea what the score is and more importantly no way of knowing how much time is left in the game or period.  Also I get to see no between period coverage.  Product Abd the movies in the sandwich bags are trade ins?of the new agreement between nhl and rogers I fear.

No! That ruins it. If it starts at the live point that completely ruins it and means I might have to get bell. Why would they start it live? Are they challenged?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum