What Am I Watching Right now?

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Re: What Am I Watching Right now?

Post by LeCaptain on Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Ev wrote:Wait, you have to pay money to see a trailer? Or do you mean it will be in the trailers in other movies?

Haha yeah it will be in the trailers before the movies.
    Of course we'll probably see it on youtube not long after.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47502
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:16 pm

All of those scenes (except maybe one little cut that looked home-made) were from existing movies; some of the voice-overs certainly did not sound like Hollywood talent.

Not looking forward to these at all, but JJ's done well with the Star Trek reboot.

Incidentally, speaking of Star Trek vs. Star Wars, there is a long standing feud between Shatner and Fisher (Leia). There was another mini-episode of it today. Fisher tweeted something to the effect that Shatner had unfollowed her, and how would she be able to chirp at him. He replied that he didn't unfollow but was simply blocked by her account.

Anyhow, I jokingly suggested that Fisher should host SNL with Shatner as the musical guest. Shatner thought that was a great idea (perhaps sarcastically -- you never know with him) and tweeted it out (with my twitter handle). Now my inbox is full of notifications of re-tweets/favorites/etc for either my original tweet or Shatner's. Holy crap, the guy's got a lot of followers. I don't think I've got more mentions in a couple hours than I normally get in a month.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12751
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:51 pm

wprager wrote:All of those scenes (except maybe one little cut that looked home-made) were from existing movies; some of the voice-overs certainly did not sound like Hollywood talent.  

Not looking forward to these at all, but JJ's done well with the Star Trek reboot.

Incidentally, speaking of Star Trek vs. Star Wars, there is a long standing feud between Shatner and Fisher (Leia).  There was another mini-episode of it today.  Fisher tweeted something to the effect that Shatner had unfollowed her, and how would she be able to chirp at him.  He replied that he didn't unfollow but was simply blocked by her account.

Anyhow, I jokingly suggested that Fisher should host SNL with Shatner as the musical guest.  Shatner thought that was a great idea (perhaps sarcastically -- you never know with him) and tweeted it out (with my twitter handle).  Now my inbox is full of notifications of re-tweets/favorites/etc for either my original tweet or Shatner's.  Holy crap, the guy's got a lot of followers.  I don't think I've got more mentions in a couple hours than I normally get in a month.

you should probably speak to an agent, this is surely the start of something big for you. it won't be long for you prags, anytime hollywood will come calling. or at least TMZ...

Sarcasm
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:22 pm

Hey, I broke 50 followers after that barrage. And my nearly-12-year-old daughter was very impressed. "William Shatner? *THE* William Shatner???!"

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12751
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:01 am

wprager wrote:Hey, I broke 50 followers after that barrage.  And my nearly-12-year-old daughter was very impressed.  "William Shatner?  *THE* William Shatner???!"
    well as long as the wee one is impressed then you've won something good Sir!
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16154
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:44 am

Good work Walter. That's pretty funny.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:25 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Good work Walter. That's pretty funny.

What I don't get is how Wil Wheaton has 2.7M followers and Captain Kirk only 2M. That's just not right.

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by LeCaptain on Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:36 pm

wprager wrote:

What I don't get is how Wil Wheaton has 2.7M followers and Captain Kirk only 2M.  That's just not right.

How about one is 42 and the other 83?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:46 pm

LeCaptain wrote:
    wprager wrote:

What I don't get is how Wil Wheaton has 2.7M followers and Captain Kirk only 2M.  That's just not right.

How about one is 42 and the other 83?

The Shat is a legend. My nearly-12-year-old thinks he's great (mind you, she has not seen TJ Hooker). But point is his followers are from all different age brackets.

Wheaton is best known for being on the receiving end of "Shut up Wesley!"

LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by LeCaptain on Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:49 pm

Nobody on twitter knows Shatner except geeks and unless their parents like Star Trek.

Most people on twitter weren't even born during Captain Kirk's glory days

Last edited by LeCaptain on Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24736
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:49 pm

wprager wrote:Hey, I broke 50 followers after that barrage.  And my nearly-12-year-old daughter was very impressed.  "William Shatner?  *THE* William Shatner???!"

That's where you matter-of-factly respond: "Hehe, yeah, Bill's good people."
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:44 pm

LeCaptain wrote:Nobody on twitter knows Shatner except geeks and unless their parents like Star Trek.

You're serious? Wesley Crusher wasn't exactly the leading character and Stand By Me, although a very good movie, and he was very good in it, was not a big blockbuster (and it was a long, long time ago).

Shatner was in Star Trek, a half-dozen Star Trek movies, Boston Legal/The Practice (we even have a dennycrane here), hosted SNL, other movies/TV shows, appeared in hundreds of conventions, recorded albums, all those PriceLine ads, etc, etc.

What was the last relevant thing that Wheaton's been in? He didn't even have "Glory Days" and Shatner is still living his.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:55 pm

wprager wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:Nobody on twitter knows Shatner except geeks and unless their parents like Star Trek.

You're serious?  Wesley Crusher wasn't exactly the leading character and Stand By Me, although a very good movie, and he was very good in it, was not a big blockbuster (and it was a long, long time ago).

Shatner was in Star Trek, a half-dozen Star Trek movies, Boston Legal/The Practice (we even have a dennycrane here), hosted SNL, other movies/TV shows, appeared in hundreds of conventions, recorded albums,  all those PriceLine ads, etc, etc.  

What was the last relevant thing that Wheaton's been in?  He didn't even have "Glory Days" and Shatner is still living his.

Big Bang Theory. There's your 2.7 million followers.

Shatner should have double that just based on being "The Negotiator." We live in a pretty Cussed up world.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:57 pm

Wheaton's on BBT? It's an over-rated show but still popular, sure. But was this just a one-time (or short story arc) appearance or something more?

Shatner's popularity was apparently restricted to nerds/geeks, which is the only reason (nerds/geeks) that Wheaton would have been on BBT.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:11 pm

wprager wrote:Wheaton's on BBT?  It's an over-rated show but still popular, sure.  But was this just a one-time (or short story arc) appearance or something more?  

Shatner's popularity was apparently restricted to nerds/geeks, which is the only reason (nerds/geeks) that Wheaton would have been on BBT.

He appears from time to time as "Himself", Dr. Cooper's arch-nemesis.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:18 pm

Stunt casting.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator