General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 55209
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:56 am

spader wrote:Shero to Edmonton? That'd be my pick to replace MacT, who should also get canned.

May I ask why Shero would want to GM in a Dung like Edmonton?

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 17128
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:02 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:
    spader wrote:Shero to Edmonton? That'd be my pick to replace MacT, who should also get canned.

Because it's a job, and the owner is willing to spend money.

And to answer your other question, Damien Cox is a world-famous idiot.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:03 pm

I'd trade Hall + + to Winnipeg for Bogo and Scheifle and Ladd if I could. Major pluses added from Edmonton, but I'd try to get some guys who a)can play and b)give a Dung if I was trading Hall. And a young, under contract D-man would be a must coming back.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by PTFlea on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:04 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:

It's a job....I'll give you that, but Shero can relax and wait at this point. He's got the resume, he can pretty much wait and see what comes available and skip Edmonton.
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2730
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by TheAvatar on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:49 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:

It's a job....I'll give you that, but Shero can relax and wait at this point. He's got the resume, he can pretty much wait and see what comes available and skip Edmonton.

Yeah, maybe save himself for Ottawa Smile
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:01 pm

The Voynov case is weird:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/15/slava-voynov-domestic-violence-wife-letter-to-prosecutors-nhl-los-angeles-kings/

Wifey blames herself for her injuries, saying she walked into their wall-mounted TV as it was sticking out more than normal. I've done this myself.

I dunno...if she says he wasn't at fault, doesn't that pretty much end the prosecution's case.....she would be the only witness.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21498
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:31 pm

not in this feminist world we live in. They wouldn't believe her and Voynov will be punished
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Ev wrote:not in this feminist world we live in. They wouldn't believe her and Voynov will be punished

But there's zero concrete evidence, and the only witness to the alleged crime says he didn't do it. Not sure how you can get a conviction based on that?
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:23 pm

TheAvatar wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:

Yeah, maybe save himself for Ottawa Smile

Yep, save himself from Ottawa and jump into the Dung hole in Edmonton. Sounds legit.
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2730

Post by TheAvatar on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:32 pm

I think you mis-read my comment
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:36 pm

TheAvatar wrote:I think you mis-read my comment

I did, I realize now.
    Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2204
    Registration date : 2010-08-31

Post by Oglethorpe on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:51 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:not in this feminist world we live in. They wouldn't believe her and Voynov will be punished

But there's zero concrete evidence, and the only witness to the alleged crime says he didn't do it. Not sure how you can get a conviction based on that?
    Witness testimony is tainted, since she said she walked into the TV and the injuries are no way consistent with their story. Statements made previously will hold much more weight. Voynov is screwed both figuratively and literally if he does time.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24789
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:05 am

Oglethorpe wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

Witness testimony is tainted, since she said she walked into the TV and the injuries are no way consistent with their story. Statements made previously will hold much more weight. Voynov is screwed both figuratively and literally if he does time.

Right in the ole bumbum eh Hogeltorp?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49250

Post by wprager on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:06 am

tim1_2 wrote:

She is also on record saying that he punched her, pushed her down repeatedly, kicked her and choked her.

Who do you believe, his wife, or his wife?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:09 am

So there was a bit of a record set last night. A 20-round SO. Every skater shot and two of them shot twice.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:14 am

Can someone explain what Luongo is doing after the first stop? He goes back to grab the bottle then proceeds to squeeze it rapidly. Except that there's no bottle:

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:17 am

20 rounds...damn.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:24 am

wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

She is also on record saying that he punched her, pushed her down repeatedly, kicked her and choked her.

Who do you believe, his wife, or his wife?

Yeah, I dunno what the jury/judge do in this case? The one witness they can call to the stand that was actually present during the "attack" will say that Voynov is innocent, despite her earlier statements. I'm no lawyer. I guess the prosecution still thinks they have a winnable case since they apparently are proceeding.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:39 pm