General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49250
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:14 am

Can someone explain what Luongo is doing after the first stop? He goes back to grab the bottle then proceeds to squeeze it rapidly. Except that there's no bottle:

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 55209
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:17 am

20 rounds...damn.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 17128
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:24 am

wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:not in this feminist world we live in. They wouldn't believe her and Voynov will be punished

But there's zero concrete evidence, and the only witness to the alleged crime says he didn't do it.  Not sure how you can get a conviction based on that?

She is also on record saying that he punched her, pushed her down repeatedly, kicked her and choked her.

Who do you believe, his wife, or his wife?

Yeah, I dunno what the jury/judge do in this case? The one witness they can call to the stand that was actually present during the "attack" will say that Voynov is innocent, despite her earlier statements. I'm no lawyer. I guess the prosecution still thinks they have a winnable case since they apparently are proceeding.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49250
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:36 am

They are proceeding because the judge said there was sufficient evidence (and he didn't even wait for all of it to be presented, apparently). Other people living in the complex are also witnesses as they heard what went on. Also the injuries themselves (plus evidence of previous injuries, potentially).

I gave him the benefit of doubt initially after hearing what his wife said, but I've heard enough since then to change my mind. He's gone. Doubt he goes to jail as he's likely to get extradited. These are two Russian nationals and it could be argued the case belongs in Russia.

Chances are she lied about this because she didn't want to lose his salary (she'd get half in a settlement).

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:44 am

I just think that it would have to be one hell of a case to contradict the statements from the only two eye witnesses (Voynov and Wifey).
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:35 pm

wprager wrote:Can someone explain what Luongo is doing after the first stop?  He goes back to grab the bottle then proceeds to squeeze it rapidly.  Except that there's no bottle:

What the hell?
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10093
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:32 pm

wprager wrote:They are proceeding because the judge said there was sufficient evidence (and he didn't even wait for all of it to be presented, apparently).  Other people living in the complex are also witnesses as they heard what went on.  Also the injuries themselves (plus evidence of previous injuries, potentially).

I gave him the benefit of doubt initially after hearing what his wife said, but I've heard enough since then to change my mind.  He's gone.  Doubt he goes to jail as he's likely to get extradited.  These are two Russian nationals and it could be argued the case belongs in Russia.

Chances are she lied about this because she didn't want to lose his salary (she'd get half in a settlement).

You're speculating. It's also possible that she, like many victims of domestic abuse, has a complicated position and wants to protect him from the legal implications. It's not at all uncommon for women who are victims of abuse to blame themselves and consider the abuser faultless.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:34 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:I'd trade Hall + + to Winnipeg for Bogo and Scheifle and Ladd if I could.  Major pluses added from Edmonton, but I'd try to get some guys who a)can play and b)give a Dung if I was trading Hall.   And a young, under contract D-man would be a must coming back.

Edmonton needs a player like Ladd badly.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:35 pm

wprager wrote:
    spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:I did not know this, but 15% of adults with mumps will develop meningitis.  That's more than 1 in 8.

Thirteen players and two refs have been diagnosed, expect two to develop meningitis.  This is serious sh*t!  

Bacterial or viral? The former is the more deadly version of the disease. I had bacterial and have been deaf in my right ear ever since.

Asceptic meningitis.  Does that help?  

Severe complications are rare. However, mumps can cause:

• Inflammation of the brain and/or tissue covering the brain and spinal cord (encephalitis/meningitis)
    • Inflammation of the testicles (orchitis)
    • Inflammation of the ovaries and/or breasts (oophoritis and mastitis)
    • Spontaneous abortion particularly in early pregnancy (miscarriage)
    • Deafness, usually permanent

Not really. That's ok though. Thanks for responding.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24789
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:48 pm

spader wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:I'd trade Hall + + to Winnipeg for Bogo and Scheifle and Ladd if I could.  Major pluses added from Edmonton, but I'd try to get some guys who a)can play and b)give a Dung if I was trading Hall.   And a young, under contract D-man would be a must coming back.

Adding The Ladder could possibly help them climb in the standings.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Andrew Laddy McLadder has a NTC, and there's zero chance he would allow himself to be dealt to the Oilers.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13647

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:56 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    spader wrote:

Adding The Ladder could possibly help them climb in the standings.

Oh you! Naughty

- Unknown Author
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14291
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:57 pm

sometimes I feel like i'm missing a beat.
    why are they still talking about waiting for new ownership in Arizona? they already want to sell? man, just relocate... enough already.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:09 pm

Flo dude, that big mac moustache looks like a mold infested, limp piece of cheese string to me.

- Unknown Author
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:29 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Flo dude, that big mac moustache looks like a mold infested, limp piece of cheese string to me.

Remember when we used to put moustaches on things to honour Paul MacLean, who SpezDispensed thought was some sort of magical coaching wizard that could turn mediocre players into stars?
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:36 pm

Those were the days. Remember when I said, months ago, that we'd see if goaltending was more the reason for Maclean's coaching excellence?

- Unknown Author
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:38 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Those were the days.  Remember when I said, months ago, that we'd see if goaltending was more the reason for Maclean's coaching excellence?

You mean do I remember you being right, as usual? I sure do.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:14 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Andrew Laddy McLadder has a NTC, and there's zero chance he would allow himself to be dealt to the Oilers.

Oh, yeah, no chance if he has a NTC.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:45 pm