General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54245
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:27 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    Hobiesens wrote:Luongo injured in the first period and now Montoya injured to start the 3rd. Panthers are being forced to play another goalie, most likely their goalie coach. I've never seen this happen before.

Luongo went back in after Montoya got hurt.  Their goalie coach dressed as a backup.

You guys missed the important point of Florida losing that game to the Leafs.  This is very good for our Senatores.

Both things good. Toronto wins and gets a step away from McDavid/Eichel and Florida loses (and Philly loses).

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:43 am

Florida just called up their AHL goalie (Dan Ellis), and their ECHL goalie (some guy). They're pulling the ol' Ottawa slump-breaker!!!!

Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13592

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:09 am

tim1_2 wrote:That's nice, but they are still competing with us for that last wildcard spot.  We just need them to keep losing.

More importantly, we need to keep winning. 3 games in hand is not 6 points in the bank. The Sens have gone 5-0-1 in their last six and to go 8-0-1 would be amazing and likely required if we want to keep the playoff hopes alive. Not saying they can't do that but there's certainly no guarantee.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1887
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:36 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:That's nice, but they are still competing with us for that last wildcard spot.  We just need them to keep losing.

More importantly, we need to keep winning. 3 games in hand is not 6 points in the bank. The Sens have gone 5-0-1 in their last six and to go 8-0-1 would be amazing and likely required if we want to keep the playoff hopes alive. Not saying they can't do that but there's certainly no guarantee.

There's a lot more to it than trying to catch Boston. We still need Fla, NJ, and Philly to lose games as well. While we're 6 points back, I think we'll run out of games to make it to 8th
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:50 am

Really what's needed is for the Sens to win their games in hand, beat the Bruins in their up coming 2 meetings and after that they need to keep a pace that's at or above the teams below them. FLA, NJ and BOS just need to keep pace or below our pace. If you want to simplify and say they need to lose games sure you can do that.

- Unknown Author
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:13 pm

Just get to 95 pts, which means something like 10-6-5 for the last 21 games.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:56 pm

Feel good hockey story of the day:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/alyx-delaloye-cancer-fighting-girl-thanks-jets-fans-meets-team-1.2978123

The "Boy With Stick" part is especially nice.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:22 pm

Excellent news: Brett Connolly (Bruins new acquisition) took a puck in the hand in practice and it's BROKEN! WOOOHOOOOO!
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24760
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:27 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Excellent news:  Brett Connolly (Bruins new acquisition) took a puck in the hand in practice and it's BROKEN!  WOOOHOOOOO!

I'm not one to wish injuries on players of opposing teams but I really actually am.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:31 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Excellent news:  Brett Connolly (Bruins new acquisition) took a puck in the hand in practice and it's BROKEN!  WOOOHOOOOO!

I'm not one to wish injuries on players of opposing teams but I really actually am.

Me too! He's got a broken finger and is out 6 weeks! Yeehaw! Now if Rask and Bergeron could get injured too....
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47676
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:33 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Florida just called up their AHL goalie (Dan Ellis), and their ECHL goalie (some guy).  They're pulling the ol' Ottawa slump-breaker!!!!

"some guy" wouldn't be named Grimace, would it? Or Mayor McCheese?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54245

Post by PTFlea on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:34 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Florida just called up their AHL goalie (Dan Ellis), and their ECHL goalie (some guy).  They're pulling the ol' Ottawa slump-breaker!!!!

lol, some guy.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:37 pm

LeCaptain wrote:Just get to 95 pts, which means something like 10-6-5 for the last 21 games.

I doubt they'd need 95 this year.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:26 pm

Actually I take that back. Boston has 71 points in 62 games. That's 93.9 extrapolated to 82 games.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24760
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:30 pm

We're gonna need about 93.90000000001 pts at least.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:04 pm

And we're pretty turrible in the ROW department too so 1up or bust.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:09 pm

LeCaptain wrote:Just get to 95 pts, which means something like 10-6-5 for the last 21 games.

That's actually not totally out of the realm of possible with the way they've been playing of late.

- Unknown Author

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:11 pm

Everyone should enjoy tonight, then Friday, and take every game as it comes. No point in talking about what they need to do over the next 20 games, its what they need to do tonight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:37 am