General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Share

    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by LeCaptain on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:04 pm

    And we're pretty turrible in the ROW department too so 1up or bust.

    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13565
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:09 pm

    LeCaptain wrote:Just get to 95 pts, which means something like 10-6-5 for the last 21 games.

    That's actually not totally out of the realm of possible with the way they've been playing of late.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by NEELY on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:11 pm

    Everyone should enjoy tonight, then Friday, and take every game as it comes. No point in talking about what they need to do over the next 20 games, its what they need to do tonight.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13565
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:56 pm

    Agreed. We have no control over it anyway.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54137
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:02 pm

    Each game now there's a chance for offense. We finally have most of the top 9 contributing. Let's hope that can be sustained for the next 20.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47523
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:19 pm

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:Agreed. We have no control over it anyway.

    THE HELL YOU TALKING ABOUT?


    Then why do I scream at my TV and wear my jersey and post on this messageboard and tweet "GO SENS GO!" and all the rest?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10037
    Age : 37
    Location : La Loche, Saskatchewan
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by spader on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:56 am

    wprager wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:Agreed. We have no control over it anyway.

    THE HELL YOU TALKING ABOUT?


    Then why do I scream at my TV and wear my jersey and post on this messageboard and tweet "GO SENS GO!" and all the rest?

    Because you're insane. This isn't even a website. It's just a gum wrapper that you talk to all the time. Everyone is really worried about you.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16166
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:19 am

    Nice to see Sekac pick up a point in Anaheim's win over Montreal last night. DSP continues to be unimpressive (and lazy).
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24742
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:32 am

    tim1_2 wrote:Nice to see Sekac pick up a point in Anaheim's win over Montreal last night. DSP continues to be unimpressive (and lazy).

    ... in studly, beastly way, of course.

    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16166
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:53 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Nice to see Sekac pick up a point in Anaheim's win over Montreal last night. DSP continues to be unimpressive (and lazy).

    ... in studly, beastly way, of course.


    This guy I work with is a huge Habs fan, and he's freaking out about the team right now...basically he thinks they'll get steamrolled in the playoffs.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24742
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:58 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Nice to see Sekac pick up a point in Anaheim's win over Montreal last night. DSP continues to be unimpressive (and lazy).

    ... in studly, beastly way, of course.


    This guy I work with is a huge Habs fan, and he's freaking out about the team right now...basically he thinks they'll get steamrolled in the playoffs.

    By. Your. Ottawa. Senatooooooooooooooooooooores!!!!!
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13565
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:06 am

    spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:Agreed. We have no control over it anyway.

    THE HELL YOU TALKING ABOUT?


    Then why do I scream at my TV and wear my jersey and post on this messageboard and tweet "GO SENS GO!" and all the rest?

    Because you're insane. This isn't even a website. It's just a gum wrapper that you talk to all the time. Everyone is really worried about you.


    Laughing3 That was awesome! I actually laughed out loud! Thanks spader. I needed that.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 37
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by rooneypoo on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:06 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Nice to see Sekac pick up a point in Anaheim's win over Montreal last night. DSP continues to be unimpressive (and lazy).

    ... in studly, beastly way, of course.


    This guy I work with is a huge Habs fan, and he's freaking out about the team right now...basically he thinks they'll get steamrolled in the playoffs.

    By. Your. Ottawa. Senatooooooooooooooooooooores!!!!!

    Here's the thing... If OTT makes the playoffs, it'll be because we will have been one of the best teams in the NHL for the last 30 games or so of the season, and we will have been playing playoff hockey for the last 30 games or so of the season. So I can imagine anyone will be hoping to draw us, 'cause, if we make it, we're going to be a tough out no matter what.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24742
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:11 am

    rooneypoo wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Nice to see Sekac pick up a point in Anaheim's win over Montreal last night. DSP continues to be unimpressive (and lazy).

    ... in studly, beastly way, of course.


    This guy I work with is a huge Habs fan, and he's freaking out about the team right now...basically he thinks they'll get steamrolled in the playoffs.

    By. Your. Ottawa. Senatooooooooooooooooooooores!!!!!

    Here's the thing... If OTT makes the playoffs, it'll be because we will have been one of the best teams in the NHL for the last 30 games or so of the season, and we will have been playing playoff hockey for the last 30 games or so of the season. So I can imagine anyone will be hoping to draw us, 'cause, if we make it, we're going to be a tough out no matter what.

    Sure but destroying the Habs in round 1 is too tasty not to contemplate.

    I think there's a recent comparable to the run we're having and the subsequent playoff run that team had but I don't want to jinx things by talking about it.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13565
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:21 am

    rooneypoo wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Nice to see Sekac pick up a point in Anaheim's win over Montreal last night. DSP continues to be unimpressive (and lazy).

    ... in studly, beastly way, of course.


    This guy I work with is a huge Habs fan, and he's freaking out about the team right now...basically he thinks they'll get steamrolled in the playoffs.

    By. Your. Ottawa. Senatooooooooooooooooooooores!!!!!

    Here's the thing... If OTT makes the playoffs, it'll be because we will have been one of the best teams in the NHL for the last 30 games or so of the season, and we will have been playing playoff hockey for the last 30 games or so of the season. So I can imagine anyone will be hoping to draw us, 'cause, if we make it, we're going to be a tough out no matter what.

    Or, they make it in, they exhale, the kids get a big rude awakining and they get knocked out in short order. Tough to tell how it'll go except that if they face the Habs we'll crush them as SSF pointed of out course. :D


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16166
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:03 pm

    Just to be talking about playoff possibilities right now is incredible and awesome given that we were 14 points out of it not too long ago.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54137
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:14 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:Just to be talking about playoff possibilities right now is incredible and awesome given that we were 14 points out of it not too long ago.

    So true. We don't need to be looking down the line, just enjoying game by game IMO.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16166
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:23 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Just to be talking about playoff possibilities right now is incredible and awesome given that we were 14 points out of it not too long ago.

    So true. We don't need to be looking down the line, just enjoying game by game IMO.

    As the old saying goes..."one game at a time." We play every second night in March...it's a ton of hockey, but if they can ride hot goaltending and solid play to back it up........one game at a time.

    Sponsored content

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:20 pm