You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That's probably about right. The term is long though.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lol, Ev, you've become a weirdo lately. If it's an "awful" deal, he wouldn't have signed it. He chose a good team, for a long term. Good deal for Boychuk.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Lol, Ev, you've become a weirdo lately. If it's an "awful" deal, he wouldn't have signed it. He chose a good team, for a long term. Good deal for Boychuk.

May be he meant it was an awful deal to give for Boychuk.

Considering Methot signed for less term and $1.1M less. I'd say that's a clear savings of $1.5M per season. Deals like that absolutely have to be taken into consideration when you complain how little the Senators are spending.

So whatever the cap hit is next year, add $1.5M because that's how much more the Rangers/Islanders would have paid for Staal/Boychuk on a shorter deal. And then look at Karlsson's $6.5M and add another $2.5M because that's how much more the Habs spent on Subban. And so on down the roster. Hell, we are probably over the cap by quite a bit.

Mind you, by the same token you should subtract the cap hits of Phillips and Greening (paid *not* to play) at least a portion of Michalek's.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
He'll be old in the middle of that contract by NHL standards, so I can see both sides.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
$hitstorm of feces in NoCal?!?!?!

David Pollak @PollakOnSharks · 46m 46 minutes ago

Simmering issues boiling over in SJ. #SJSharks Thornton on latest from GM Wilson on taking away the 'C': "Doug needs to shut his mouth."

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:$hitstorm of feces in NoCal?!?!?!

David Pollak @PollakOnSharks  ·  46m 46 minutes ago

Simmering issues boiling over in SJ. #SJSharks Thornton on latest from GM Wilson on taking away the 'C': "Doug needs to shut his mouth."
for the life of me i can't understand why jumbo would want to stay in SJS. they clearly want to move past him and with his NTC i'm sure he could dictate where he wants to go.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:

for the life of me i can't understand why jumbo would want to stay in SJS. they clearly want to move past him and with his NTC i'm sure he could dictate where he wants to go.

He loves to surf and doesn't care all that much about winning a Cup.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

He loves to surf and doesn't care all that much about winning a Cup.

Yeah, pretty much this. He's living the good life on California.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Sorry just saw your reply about biychuk. I meany it was awful for the Islanders.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Sorry just saw your reply about biychuk. I meany it was awful for the Islanders.

Yeah, I dunno why I assumed you meant for himself.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:

Actually if you read what Wilson said you would (a) agree that he should have kept his mouth shut but (b) it was not at all negative against Jumbo. But when you speak so disrespectfully about your GM one of two things must happen -- he's either moved, or Wilson is. If they've truly had enough of this they'll suspend him indefinitely. The NHLPA may not like it but I think that's actually the correct course of action.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Now the trouble maker in my would say "Hey, Jumbo, why don't you score 4 and then *you* can shut his mouth".

spader

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Actually if you read what Wilson said you would (a) agree that he should have kept his mouth shut but (b) it was not at all negative against Jumbo.  But when you speak so disrespectfully about your GM one of two things must happen -- he's either moved, or Wilson is.  If they've truly had enough of this they'll suspend him indefinitely.  The NHLPA may not like it but I think that's actually the correct course of action.

That seems like a poor example of asset management.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

I particularly enjoyed the, "He needs to stop lying," remark.
Your move, Doug. Munch

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It's clear they're trying to make it so uncomfortable that jumbo Joe asks for a trade. I doubt it works.

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:It's clear they're trying to make it so uncomfortable that jumbo Joe asks for a trade. I doubt it works.

Yep. It's pretty funny actually how they're trying to force him out.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Thornton has always been one of the biggest a$$holes in the NHL... this isn't shocking.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:It's clear they're trying to make it so uncomfortable that jumbo Joe asks for a trade. I doubt it works.

Yep. It's pretty funny actually how they're trying to force him out.

Agreed.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum