General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54713
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:24 pm

That's probably about right. The term is long though.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16825
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:00 pm

Lol, Ev, you've become a weirdo lately. If it's an "awful" deal, he wouldn't have signed it. He chose a good team, for a long term. Good deal for Boychuk.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48700
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:43 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Lol, Ev, you've become a weirdo lately. If it's an "awful" deal, he wouldn't have signed it. He chose a good team, for a long term. Good deal for Boychuk.

May be he meant it was an awful deal to give for Boychuk.

Considering Methot signed for less term and $1.1M less. I'd say that's a clear savings of $1.5M per season. Deals like that absolutely have to be taken into consideration when you complain how little the Senators are spending.

So whatever the cap hit is next year, add $1.5M because that's how much more the Rangers/Islanders would have paid for Staal/Boychuk on a shorter deal. And then look at Karlsson's $6.5M and add another $2.5M because that's how much more the Habs spent on Subban. And so on down the roster. Hell, we are probably over the cap by quite a bit.

Mind you, by the same token you should subtract the cap hits of Phillips and Greening (paid *not* to play) at least a portion of Michalek's.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54713
    Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by PTFlea on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:13 pm

He'll be old in the middle of that contract by NHL standards, so I can see both sides.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24788
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:40 pm

$hitstorm of feces in NoCal?!?!?!

David Pollak @PollakOnSharks 46m 46 minutes ago

Simmering issues boiling over in SJ. #SJSharks Thornton on latest from GM Wilson on taking away the 'C': "Doug needs to shut his mouth."
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13759
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:02 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:$hitstorm of feces in NoCal?!?!?!

Simmering issues boiling over in SJ. #SJSharks Thornton on latest from GM Wilson on taking away the 'C': "Doug needs to shut his mouth."
    for the life of me i can't understand why jumbo would want to stay in SJS. they clearly want to move past him and with his NTC i'm sure he could dictate where he wants to go.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24788
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Flo The Action wrote:

for the life of me i can't understand why jumbo would want to stay in SJS. they clearly want to move past him and with his NTC i'm sure he could dictate where he wants to go.

He loves to surf and doesn't care all that much about winning a Cup.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:13 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

He loves to surf and doesn't care all that much about winning a Cup.

Yeah, pretty much this. He's living the good life on California.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21266
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Sorry just saw your reply about biychuk. I meany it was awful for the Islanders.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Ev wrote:Sorry just saw your reply about biychuk. I meany it was awful for the Islanders.

Yeah, I dunno why I assumed you meant for himself.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:23 pm

Flo The Action wrote:

Actually if you read what Wilson said you would (a) agree that he should have kept his mouth shut but (b) it was not at all negative against Jumbo. But when you speak so disrespectfully about your GM one of two things must happen -- he's either moved, or Wilson is. If they've truly had enough of this they'll suspend him indefinitely. The NHLPA may not like it but I think that's actually the correct course of action.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Now the trouble maker in my would say "Hey, Jumbo, why don't you score 4 and then *you* can shut his mouth".

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10085
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:16 am

wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Actually if you read what Wilson said you would (a) agree that he should have kept his mouth shut but (b) it was not at all negative against Jumbo. But when you speak so disrespectfully about your GM one of two things must happen -- he's either moved, or Wilson is. If they've truly had enough of this they'll suspend him indefinitely. The NHLPA may not like it but I think that's actually the correct course of action.

That seems like a poor example of asset management.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10085
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:19 am

I particularly enjoyed the, "He needs to stop lying," remark.
    Your move, Doug. Munch
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13626

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:13 am

It's clear they're trying to make it so uncomfortable that jumbo Joe asks for a trade. I doubt it works.

- Unknown Author
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:26 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It's clear they're trying to make it so uncomfortable that jumbo Joe asks for a trade. I doubt it works.

Yep. It's pretty funny actually how they're trying to force him out.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:40 am

Thornton has always been one of the biggest a$$holes in the NHL... this isn't shocking.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13626

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:53 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:It's clear they're trying to make it so uncomfortable that jumbo Joe asks for a trade. I doubt it works.

Yep. It's pretty funny actually how they're trying to force him out.

Agreed.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:50 am