You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:What gets you that pick?

Well, Cory Schneider got you the 9th overall. I don't see why Lehner plus our 1st wouldn't be a starting point.

Schneider had shown more than Lehner has so far.

Plus it's a huge drop between 9th and 3rd.  An 18th overall won't make up nearly enough of the difference.  

See bolded.

Thanks! TwoThumbsUp!

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:The trade market should get pretty nutty with credible sources revealing that the likes of Kessel, Malkin and E. Staal are likely to be dealt. I think a busy trade market was expected due to the underwhelming crop of UFAs this season.

From what I've read malkin I being on the trade market is straight up speculation. There's nothing really there.

Although I agree that they should look at moving him I don't actually expect they will.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:The trade market should get pretty nutty with credible sources revealing that the likes of Kessel, Malkin and E. Staal are likely to be dealt. I think a busy trade market was expected due to the underwhelming crop of UFAs this season.

From what I've read malkin I being on the trade market is straight up speculation. There's nothing really there.

Although I agree that they should look at moving him I don't actually expect they will.

With Rutherford running things, I wouldn't be shocked to see a deal with Carolina.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Well, Cory Schneider got you the 9th overall. I don't see why Lehner plus our 1st wouldn't be a starting point.

Plus it's a huge drop between 9th and 3rd.  An 18th overall won't make up nearly enough of the difference.  

I agree. Schneider has shown more than Lehner. Two full seasons post-trade will do that. Sarcasm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

See bolded.

Thanks! TwoThumbsUp!

Oh, don't worry, I saw that, but 9th vs. 3rd is more than a "starting point" -- you would need to sweeten that significantly. There are only so many prospects/picks you can have due to other limits (number of contracts, places to develop) and to get a 3rd overall you just can't do that with picks/prospects. You would need an actual roster player or two.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I agree. Schneider has shown more than Lehner. Two full seasons post-trade will do that. Sarcasm

Read what I wrote: "had shown" vs. "has so far" -- I was specifically talking about what Schneider had shown at the time of the trade.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Read what I wrote:  "had shown" vs. "has so far" -- I was specifically talking about what Schneider had shown at the time of the trade.

I honestly believe that you edited that.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Read what I wrote:  "had shown" vs. "has so far" -- I was specifically talking about what Schneider had shown at the time of the trade.

It wouldn't be the first time WP Rager pulled some shady shenanigans.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:

And I am honestly telling you I didn't (and hadn't).

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
It wouldn't be the first time WP Rager pulled some shady shenanigans.

GAC (guilty as charged) but in all of those cases I included a smiley in my reply. Not this time. Choose to believe me or don't, frankly I'm OK either way since I know what I did/what I wrote.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
So Glendale City Council voted last night to cancel the arena lease deal with the Coyotes. The deal paid the team $15M per year to, basically, stay in town. They (the city) lost $8M last year on that deal, and expect to lose $8.7M this year.

This is not going to end well. The new owners are vowing they will take legal action against the city. I just don't see how they can continue there. But I'm not sure it would be that simple to relocate to Vegas as I was saying earlier -- the team already has an owner and there must be an owner or a group in Vegas as well. So it would not be a relocation but a sale, and I don't know if the new owners in Arizona are ready to drop their investment yet. I guess we'll see.

Gary must be fuming that they decided to do this in the middle of the Finals.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I am so tired of hearing about Coyotes nonsense. The city doesn't want the team. The people don't show up to games. Why do they still have a team? Obviously the Glendale City Council is nuts, but this is also an epic fail on the shoulders of Bettman.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:I am so tired of hearing about Coyotes nonsense.  The city doesn't want the team.  The people don't show up to games.  Why do they still have a team?  Obviously the Glendale City Council is nuts, but this is also an epic fail on the shoulders of Bettman.

They wouldn't have these issues if they stayed in Phoenix (and built a new arena).

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I am so tired of hearing about Coyotes nonsense.  The city doesn't want the team.  The people don't show up to games.  Why do they still have a team?  Obviously the Glendale City Council is nuts, but this is also an epic fail on the shoulders of Bettman.

They wouldn't have these issues if they stayed in Phoenix (and built a new arena).

I agree. I am sick of the non-stop drama. They're trying to shove hockey down their throats and it's simply not working.

Vegas, Seattle, KC, and QC are all begging for a team. Stop trying to fix what's broken and go somewhere where they're actually wanted.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:

I agree. I am sick of the non-stop drama. They're trying to shove hockey down their throats and it's simply not working.

Vegas, Seattle, KC, and QC are all begging for a team. Stop trying to fix what's broken and go somewhere where they're actually wanted.

No kidding. Stop trying so hard to delay the inevitable and move the damn team.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:

No kidding.  Stop trying so hard to delay the inevitable and move the damn team.
is QC arena ready? does seattle have an arena? i know KC has an arena but are they a viable market?(probably better than arizona but if you are moving you want it to be to a viable market.) if you ask me this has already been preplanned that they would likely move in 5 years when the last sale went down but it was more about preparing the ground work for the relocation. winnipeg went really fast because everything was in place. as far as other markets? it's not in place yet. if seattle had the arena they'd probably have moved by now.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:

No kidding.  Stop trying so hard to delay the inevitable and move the damn team.

I imagine it's hard for whatever the ownership group calls themselves to walk away from an agreement that pays them 225 million to "manage" the arena.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star
Glendale was just a scam to keep the team afloat until another NHL arena was ready.  The Coyotes had a clause to leave if they lost too much $$, and they've apparently been fudging their numbers. I'd love to see Bettman and the Coyotes take the stand under oath for this Dung.

The deal is so terrible for the city though, clearly there were people on the take there as no competent city management would have taken that. I don't blame them for wanting out.

Quebec arena will be open this fall(NHL wants expansion here though).  Vegas won't be ready til next year.  There's nothing in Seattle right now and I don't think there is any ownership who wants a team in KC.

In any case, I think this whole saga is coming to a close finally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum