General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14291
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:12 pm

spader wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:The compensation for a deal under $7.3M is a first, second, and third round pick...so not totally unreasonable for a guy like Hamilton.

That being the case, the Sens should offer sheet Tarasenko for $7.29 x 7.
    I concur! Although I bet the blues would match. But I don't care would serve them well for not trading for spezza after all.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24789
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:12 pm

spader wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:The compensation for a deal under $7.3M is a first, second, and third round pick...so not totally unreasonable for a guy like Hamilton.

That being the case, the Sens should offer sheet Tarasenko for $7.29 x 7.

Sure Tarasenko and Doggie Hamilton. LET'S DO IT!!!!

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10093
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:23 pm

The goalie market is getting interesting. Talbot is available; one of Markstrom/Lack are available; Dubnyk may hit free agency.

I'm hoping the Sens goaltending situation gets sorted out sooner rather than later. I feel like the price is just going to go down.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:43 pm

spader wrote:The goalie market is getting interesting. Talbot is available; one of Markstrom/Lack are available; Dubnyk may hit free agency.

I'm hoping the Sens goaltending situation gets sorted out sooner rather than later. I feel like the price is just going to go down.

It's already gone down with these developments. Best we could hope for is a Cory Conacher-ish return.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:56 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    spader wrote:The goalie market is getting interesting. Talbot is available; one of Markstrom/Lack are available; Dubnyk may hit free agency.

It's already gone down with these developments. Best we could hope for is a Cory Conacher-ish return.

If DD re-signs in Minnie, Anderson might be the best goalie available. I think Talbot and Lack make Lehner less of an option.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:34 pm

spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

If DD re-signs in Minnie, Anderson might be the best goalie available. I think Talbot and Lack make Lehner less of an option.

If Dubnyk leaves Minnesota it leaves a hole there. Still the goalie market is getting crowded which will have us re-live the acquisition of good ole Cory Conacher.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:31 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:

By that do you mean a prospect who is scoring in the NHL, or do you mean a crappy player will come back and do nothing?

If the latter, I hope they hold out for at least a 2nd.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:50 pm

spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

By that do you mean a prospect who is scoring in the NHL, or do you mean a crappy player will come back and do nothing?

There's a senschirp blog on how the real "prize" of that deal was the 4th round pick. How Murray took the Tampa deal over Philly's offer of Sean Couturier because the pick "caught his eye."

I think the idea is to make the case that Murray won the trade because he knew he would end up with Tobias Lindberg with that pick. Laugh1

Anywho, all that to say that if we get anything more than the craptacular bust Conacher was, I'll be pleasantly surprised. StickmanDancing
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:59 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

There's a senschirp blog on how the real "prize" of that deal was the 4th round pick. How Murray took the Tampa deal over Philly's offer of Sean Couturier because the pick "caught his eye."

I think the idea is to make the case that Murray won the trade because he knew he would end up with Tobias Lindberg with that pick. Laugh1

Anywho, all that to say that if we get anything more than the craptacular bust Conacher was, I'll be pleasantly surprised. StickmanDancing

Has that been corroborated? Did Philly legit offer up Couturier?
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:04 pm

Uhoh!
    spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Has that been corroborated? Did Philly legit offer up Couturier?

The more I look around the less I think it was anything more than what Ottawa asked and philly mulling it over until they said no. But who really knows.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:42 pm

That makes sense. I think the majority of the "offers" that we hear about are nothing but fluff and rumour, FWIW.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21498
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:49 pm

No the flyers did not offer couturier. The Ames wanted him and the flyers said no. They were offering some fourth loner instead. Edmonton was offering Ryan Jones.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 14291
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:38 am

The more I hear the less I think we'll be happy with the return on lehner. Anderson will likely get us a much better return. You cannot trade lehner for a Dung return. It will be bishop all over again.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:10 am

Flo The Action wrote:The more I hear the less I think we'll be happy with the return on lehner. Anderson will likely get us a much better return. You cannot trade lehner for a Dung return. It will be bishop all over again.

It sure will. BUCKLE UP!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:55 pm

There will be no Torrey Mitchell sweepstakes:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/canadiens-sign-torrey-mitchell-to-three-year-deal/

You snooze, you lose.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21498
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:03 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:There will be no Torrey Mitchell sweepstakes:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/canadiens-sign-torrey-mitchell-to-three-year-deal/

You snooze, you lose.

Diddle! Murray missed the boat AGAIN
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49250
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:29 am

10 days until Draft Day
    15 days until Free Agency Frenzy
    15-ish days until Sens Development Camp (was July 1 last year)
    113 days till puck drop.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 17128
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:12 am

wprager wrote:
    10 days until Draft Day
    15 days until Free Agency Frenzy
    15-ish days until Sens Development Camp (was July 1 last year)
    113 days till puck drop.

Yeah, the next 15 to 20 days can shape the course of things to come!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:39 pm