You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
This is an amazing story. I can't get over it.

Name any player and they've done their part. Even Legwand and Chiasson are starting to chip in.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
LeCaptain wrote:Imagine if our PP wakes up. We could score 6 a game.

I seem to recall a team won a Cup, recently, with an anemic PP. Smile

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:This is an amazing story. I can't get over it.

We haven't done anything yet.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Anyone get the sense that The Hamburglar is becoming more and more ordinary and the team in front of him is getting stronger and stronger?  Nice to know that the team seems to be at a point where they don't NEED Andrew to be fully responsible for the burgling of hams.

Yep, his play has come back to earth a little bit, but the important thing is the Ws keep adding up.  His performances against Boston and Toronto were fairly medicore...but thankfully the entire lineup is starting to score.

Mediocre? Against Boston, sure, he let in 3, but the first two (especially the second one) were deflections from in-close, there was an extended 5-on-3 and Karlsson pretty much stepped on him in the crease.

Against the Leafs, again, a couple of deflections and the perfect screen by Karlsson. Deflections from in close means their forward outworked the defender to get position and to get their stick in the right place. Not a reflection on how well or how poorly the goalie is playing. In each game he still made excellent saves in other situations.

Look, it's not like the Sens limited the opposition to 21 shots on goal and Hammond managed to squeeze out a 5-3 win.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Compare that to Anderson's last two outings and there's really not much of a choice.

A bit like this (substitute appropriate goalie/team names):

spader

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:This is an amazing story.  I can't get over it.

Winning a billion games in a row is something. :crossarms:

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Pfft. Kovalchuk can Diddle right off.

And DaCosta?

I wonder how much it would DaCosta interested team Sarcasm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Anyone get the sense that The Hamburglar is becoming more and more ordinary and the team in front of him is getting stronger and stronger?  Nice to know that the team seems to be at a point where they don't NEED Andrew to be fully responsible for the burgling of hams.

Yep, his play has come back to earth a little bit, but the important thing is the Ws keep adding up.  His performances against Boston and Toronto were fairly medicore...but thankfully the entire lineup is starting to score.

Mediocre? Against Boston, sure, he let in 3, but the first two (especially the second one) were deflections from in-close, there was an extended 5-on-3 and Karlsson pretty much stepped on him in the crease.

Against the Leafs, again, a couple of deflections and the perfect screen by Karlsson. Deflections from in close means their forward outworked the defender to get position and to get their stick in the right place. Not a reflection on how well or how poorly the goalie is playing. In each game he still made excellent saves in other situations.

Look, it's not like the Sens limited the opposition to 21 shots on goal and Hammond managed to squeeze out a 5-3 win.

You can spout your nonsense all you want and I will still be right.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:I can't see this because my work is stupid that way but this has finally been gif'd.

Outstanding.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Name any player and they've done their part.  Even Legwand and Chiasson are starting to chip in.

Phillips Sarcasm

Unless his part is to stay away and let the young guys play...in which case, TipHat to you, Mr. Rig.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:

Name any player and they've done their part.  Even Legwand and Chiasson are starting to chip in.

Phillips Sarcasm

Unless his part is to stay away and let the young guys play...in which case, TipHat to you, Mr. Rig.

I was gonna say Phillips' roommate but yeah.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:

I agree. He's still solid, but he doesn't look unbeatable anymore. Thankfully, the Sens are rolling anyway.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
spader wrote:

Phillips Sarcasm

Yeah, he's done great as staying injured. It's great.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I agree. He's still solid, but he doesn't look unbeatable anymore. Thankfully, the Sens are rolling anyway.

It's also nice because when Matrix is healthy I'm not nervous about him having to step in at any point. The team's success seemed too fragile before to do that but, if the Hamburglar faulters to the point of needing a switch I'm not as worried anymore.

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

It's also nice because when Matrix is healthy I'm not nervous about him having to step in at any point. The team's success seemed too fragile before to do that but, if the Hamburglar faulters to the point of needing a switch I'm not as worried anymore.

Yeah, I get the sense that it wouldn't really matter who is in net right now, though I'm happy to have the Hamburglar. Best case is we have a healthy Anderson and Hammond should we secure a playoff position.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Don't forget the burgers for life card.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Don't forget the burgers for life card.

How do you think that works? There must be some sort of limit...like only one combo at a time or something. Otherwise...well...it'd be raining McDonalds ALL THE TIME.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
tim1_2 wrote:

This is a flawed way of thinking. What they have done is gotten a city to believe again and buy into the team if nothing else. It's been incredible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum