Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Share

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54632
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Tue May 05, 2015 4:38 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    spader wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    spader wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    spader wrote:Stone finished 6th in the NHL in points per 60 minutes among forwards that played at least 1000 5-on-5 minutes last season, ahead of scrubs like Crosby and Tavares. 

    http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings.php?db=201415&sit=5v5&type=individual&teamid=0&pos=forwards&minutes=1000&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

    Wow, that's incredible.   Too bad MacLean screwed with him by benching him and demoting him to the 3rd and 4th line or it could have been even higher.  

    Who knows? Maybe that was the kick in the pants he needed.  Shrug

    Not that I recall, but that's in the realm of possibility.  

    I suppose I just meant that there's no point in second guessing something like that, especially when we're so happy with the result. 

    I can't wait to see how Stone performs this season. If he hits the ground running and last season is not an aberration, we might have another all-star on our hands. 

    Excitement!  HappyDance1

    Very exciting player to see live.  Filthy high hockey IQ and a sweet set of hands to go with it.

    You mustn't have thought so at the trade deadline because you were willing to see him traded at that time.

    What did I say exactly? I doubt I was all for jettisoning him for a pick.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48305
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Tue May 05, 2015 4:52 pm

    I actually don't remember anyone actively lobbying to get him traded. Some were putting Stone on the protected list, others were saying that you just couldn't say no if it was for someone like a ROR or Eberle or whatnot.

    But that was when it would have been Stone ++ for one of those, and now it would have to be a one-for-one.

    Would anyone consider Stone for ROR, straight swap? How about Eberle? Don't forget that this is one season -- not a trend yet.

    Personally, I think Stone is going to be a special player and I wouldn't move him unless the return was an elite scoring forward. I think Stone will give you 60-70 points *and* excellent defensive game as well. And he will also make others around him better. So I would love to get ROR to play *with* Stone because I believe he would make him better.

    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by spader on Tue May 05, 2015 8:12 pm

    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48305
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Tue May 05, 2015 8:57 pm


    Got him a couple hundred I think. Had a bunch of tabs opened and scrolled down so the mouse was on the vote button, then CTL-TAB+Click+CTL-TAB+Click and so on. Had 10 tabs opened and scrolled just right, so CTL-TAB+CLICK+CTL-TAB+CLICK+CTL-TAB+CLICK and so on -- by the time a clicked through all 10 and back to the first one, the 5 seconds expired and I just kept going like that.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54632
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Tue May 05, 2015 9:01 pm

    wprager wrote:I actually don't remember anyone actively lobbying to get him traded.  Some were putting Stone on the protected list, others were saying that you just couldn't say no if it was for someone like a ROR or Eberle or whatnot.

    But that was when it would have been Stone ++ for one of those, and now it would have to be a one-for-one.

    Would anyone consider Stone for ROR, straight swap?  How about Eberle?  Don't forget that this is one season -- not a trend yet.

    Personally, I think Stone is going to be a special player and I wouldn't move him unless the return was an elite scoring forward.  I think Stone will give you 60-70 points *and* excellent defensive game as well.  And he will also make others around him better.  So I would love to get ROR to play *with* Stone because I believe he would make him better.

    Wouldn't trade stone for ROR and definitely not for eberle. Very special player and a cornerstone to this franchise.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by spader on Tue May 05, 2015 9:32 pm

    wprager wrote:

    Got him a couple hundred I think.  Had a bunch of tabs opened and scrolled down so the mouse was on the vote button, then CTL-TAB+Click+CTL-TAB+Click and so on.  Had 10 tabs opened and scrolled just right, so CTL-TAB+CLICK+CTL-TAB+CLICK+CTL-TAB+CLICK and so on -- by the time a clicked through all 10 and back to the first one, the 5 seconds expired and I just kept going like that.


    Well, it's working so far. When I voted, he was 30 votes down. Now he has a ~700 vote lead. Not bad.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48305
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Tue May 05, 2015 10:11 pm

    His lead is only 544 or so but his percentage is higher than before (56.8 vs. 55.x before I had to go do some chauffeuring).  So check your calculator, may need fresh batteries.

    EDIT: Strike that. Really weird. I had one tab left with the link and I opened another 9 or so to make do more power voting. The "old" tab had the old numbers, even though every time I clicked the votes kept going up, but they were still 300 or so behind where the "new" tabs were. After I did a refresh the numbers were fine again.

    So he has a 900+ lead now. I'm going for 60%.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48305
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Tue May 05, 2015 10:45 pm

    Bah! There must be some Blues fans online. I had Turris with a 1000+ lead and went over 60% a few times but his lead is shrinking even with me voting twice per second.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48305
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Tue May 05, 2015 10:46 pm

    His lead is down to 880 (was over 1000). Need more keyboard warriors.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed May 06, 2015 8:17 am

    wprager wrote:Bah!  There must be some Blues fans online.  I had Turris with a 1000+ lead and went over 60% a few times but his lead is shrinking even with me voting twice per second.

    It's more likely that it's Leaf and Hab fans voting so Turris doesn't win.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed May 06, 2015 8:32 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    wprager wrote:Bah!  There must be some Blues fans online.  I had Turris with a 1000+ lead and went over 60% a few times but his lead is shrinking even with me voting twice per second.

    It's more likely that it's Leaf and Hab fans voting so Turris doesn't win.

    Precisely, old friend.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed May 06, 2015 8:37 am

    Right. As. Usual. Brah!


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54632
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Wed May 06, 2015 9:14 am

    spader wrote:Stone finished 6th in the NHL in points per 60 minutes among forwards that played at least 1000 5-on-5 minutes last season, ahead of scrubs like Crosby and Tavares. 

    http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings.php?db=201415&sit=5v5&type=individual&teamid=0&pos=forwards&minutes=1000&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

    I've stolen this stat a couple of times. Really interesting.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48305
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Wed May 06, 2015 10:48 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    wprager wrote:Bah!  There must be some Blues fans online.  I had Turris with a 1000+ lead and went over 60% a few times but his lead is shrinking even with me voting twice per second.

    It's more likely that it's Leaf and Hab fans voting so Turris doesn't win.

    Whatever it is, the lead is down to 451. I cannot do it alone.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13364
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed May 06, 2015 12:24 pm

    I wonder if we could not trade Hoffman and Anderson to the blues for Schwartz .
    I was looking at their roster and Oshie looks good but we are a bit thick on the right side.
    They need a better goaltender if they are to really compete and Anderson would fit what they need.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54632
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Wed May 06, 2015 12:26 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:I wonder if we could not trade Hoffman and Anderson to the blues for Schwartz .
    I was looking at their roster and Oshie looks good but we are a bit thick on the right side.
    They need a better goaltender if they are to really compete and Anderson would fit what they need.

    Nooooooo chance. I wish.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed May 06, 2015 12:50 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:I wonder if we could not trade Hoffman and Anderson to the blues for Schwartz .
    I was looking at their roster and Oshie looks good but we are a bit thick on the right side.
    They need a better goaltender if they are to really compete and Anderson would fit what they need.

    Can't see why not.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13364
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Wed May 06, 2015 1:52 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:I wonder if we could not trade Hoffman and Anderson to the blues for Schwartz .
    I was looking at their roster and Oshie looks good but we are a bit thick on the right side.
    They need a better goaltender if they are to really compete and Anderson would fit what they need.

    Nooooooo chance.  I wish.
    I know he's their little superstar in the making but they are gonna have to pay through the roof for tarasanko and they are gonna be looking for something better than Elliott or Allan in goals. Hoffman could provide quite a bit of offence and fit in o the LW side. Maybe we add a 2nd rounder?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:16 am