Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13131
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:33 pm

Dreams do come true! Let the raping begin!
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:33 pm

Glory.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:25 am

Oh ya baby! HappyDance1 HappyDance1
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:44 am

spader wrote:Oh ya baby! HappyDance1 HappyDance1

LET'S DO IT!!!!
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16335
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:53 am

I'd say this series is a 50/50 tossup. Price scares me a bit, but Hammond looked so bloody solid against the Flyers in our biggest game of the season. It'd be nice if Bobby would do something, but that's probably too much to hope for.

Montreal's vaunted deadline acquisitions seem to have made their team worse, so that's good.

Can't wait for this to get started. Tickets go on sale Monday at 10am.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:08 am

Price will be tough to beat 4 times but Ottawa can do it, they can basically do anything at this point and it wouldn't surprise anyone.

There is literally no pressure on the Sens for the simple fact this is house money, no outcome of this series will create a negative vibe in this city or with that team, this was a successful season and the point where they turned the corner.

Habs are going to need a lot of things to go their way and Price to be nearly perfect because I don't think the Habs have a chance without both.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:43 am

The other good news is this team does have a respectable amount of playoff experience as well. Most were here for the Habs beat down 2 seasons ago, Stone isn't making is debut, and this is the type of series where a guy like Legwand, Neil, and Michalek could play fairly important roles when injuries come up.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13614
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:15 am

It's smurf squashing time!

- Unknown Author
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13614

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:33 am

I'm personally taking credit for part of this run, along with Tim of course, since it was clearly our "play date" at CTC that saw the Sens lose to the rangers that galvanized this group and led to a playoff berth.

That being said I think it's only fair that any free tickets come to us Smile

- Unknown Author
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54441

Post by PTFlea on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:56 am

It's an interesting series immediately. We're in their heads like the Leafs are in our heads. Gryba is their version of the boogeyman to boot. IIRC Price doesn't play out of his mind against us, so we might get lucky and see a down to earth Price in net. Pacioretty is concussed and may not play in Game 1 at least and our speed will cause the Habs' D fits.

I wouldn't go hog wild and call the Sens a sure thing here, but it's the matchup that seems to be the most favourable to us.

Turris/Stone/Mac are on fire right now, so are Pageau, Lazar and Condra, what we need is to balance that out with Ryan and Hoffman (if he even plays, seriously) getting hot. ZBad has looked good despite slowing down offensively a little.

Methot has been one of the biggest difference makers as well IMO. Allows
    Karlsson to play his game, gives opponents nightmares when he's on them.

Go Sens!!!

The Hamburglar GoSensGo! Burning Car
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47977
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:11 pm

Price h has not played well down the stretch. Sure he won most of the individual goals starts (Fleury led with 10 SOs) but if Hammond had one more start (he finished with 24) you would see a different face on the leaderboard.

Price had a good 4-1-1 record in April which masked some pretty pedestrian stats. Save percentage was .893, GAA was 2.83, he gave up 4 goals twice and 3 goals in another two games. It was the inverse of what had happened earlier in the season -- Price was average and his team mates picked him up. Also, playing Florida twice and Toronto once didn't hurt

It's interesting that they found their scoring touch when Pacioretty why down. And I really don't see Pacioretty making a speedy recovery -- that was a very nasty hit/fall, reminds me a bit of Letang's actually.

Can the Habs' secondary scorers keep it up for a few more game? Can Price find that switch?

rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7422
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:17 pm

wprager wrote:Price h has not played well down the stretch. Sure he won most of the individual goals starts (Fleury led with 10 SOs) but if Hammond had one more start (he finished with 24) you would see a different face on the leaderboard.

Price had a good 4-1-1 record in April which masked some pretty pedestrian stats. Save percentage was .893, GAA was 2.83, he gave up 4 goals twice and 3 goals in another two games. It was the inverse of what had happened earlier in the season -- Price was average and his team mates picked him up. Also, playing Florida twice and Toronto once didn't hurt

It's interesting that they found their scoring touch when Pacioretty why down. And I really don't see Pacioretty making a speedy recovery -- that was a very nasty hit/fall, reminds me a bit of Letang's actually.

Can the Habs' secondary scorers keep it up for a few more game? Can Price find that switch?

Price and Lundqvist are great goalies, but the Sens have never really, historically, had an unreasonably tough time producing against either. Not like, say, Tim Thomas.

This is a winnable series, especially if we just keep playing the game we've been playing for the last 2 months. It's been a long time since OTT lost 4 games in a 7 game stretch, and that bodes well.

I just realized the new playoff format means the winner of this series plays the winner of the Tampa/Detroit series. Giggitty!
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13131
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:23 pm

one thing that worries me a little is that we've been playing our playoff hockey game but the habs have not. i imagine they will take it up to another level. i mean this level we are on might be enough. we'll see i guess.

i hate the schedule we are on. does not work for me at all..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:29 am