Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Share

    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13614
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:02 am

    Also, the only ones with sources regarding when and if hams will be burgled reside right here on this site old friend.

    Advantage Sens.

    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2728
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by TheAvatar on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:39 pm

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think the fact that Price is playing unreal and Hammond is burgling hams, this series could see many an OT game.  I hope the Sens can win it but, just like the Sens are different this season, so too are the Habs.  This version of Price would have made that 2013 series go much longer.

    Bah. Who knows? All I know is that even through 2014-2015, Price's average against Your Senatores was 0.887. That bodes well. Could we be the Habs' version of our Leafs circa 2000-2005 ? Might just be!!!

    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13614
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:10 pm

    TheAvatar wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think the fact that Price is playing unreal and Hammond is burgling hams, this series could see many an OT game.  I hope the Sens can win it but, just like the Sens are different this season, so too are the Habs.  This version of Price would have made that 2013 series go much longer.

    Bah.  Who knows?  All I know is that even through 2014-2015, Price's average against Your Senatores was 0.887.  That bodes well.  Could we be the Habs' version of our Leafs circa 2000-2005 ?  Might just be!!!

    I like your moxie on this. I'm on board with your assessment.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by wprager on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:20 pm

    spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:I'm feeling a little guilty about having some fun trolling the Habs fans over on HFBoards.  Just a little harmless fun.  

    I've been poking around there a bit. What's your handle on hf?

    Don't remember. Will have to go on my laptop later. I was just scanning the thread and my posts may have been removed. If so, then the mood there are idiots. Anything beyond "Good luck" from other team fans is gone?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by wprager on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:33 pm

    OK, my nickname on HFBoards is (was?) wprager. I got two infractions. Here's the first one, from a couple weeks ago:



    And here's the most recent one:



    My posts have been removed and I may have been suspended (I can't view my old posts and that is one of the possible reasons stated in the error message).

    Unbelievable.





    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Vandelay
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 769
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-11-07

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by Vandelay on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:43 pm

    The optimist in me says Sens in 7. The realist says there's a good chance we run out of gas. We've been lucky as of late and haven't been able to skate teams as hard as we were early in this epic run. I still don't like Weircoch in our zone when teams get the cycle going (don't get me wrong, he's come a long way). I think now that we've made the playoffs, a lot of fans are of the mindset that we're pretty much invincible. Playoffs are a different game and I think we've been playing all out for the last while and it may cost us now. I also think a lot of people are assuming Price will play like he did in 2013 against us. I'm willing to bet he will be great.

    To me, it all comes down to Zib and Ryan. Michalek will do what he can but those two have to produce. With only one scoring line, I don't see us winning this series.
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by rooneypoo on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:53 pm

    wprager wrote:OK, my nickname on HFBoards is (was?) wprager.  I got two infractions.  Here's the first one, from a couple weeks ago:



    And here's the most recent one:



    My posts have been removed and I may have been suspended  (I can't view my old posts and that is one of the possible reasons stated in the error message).

    Unbelievable.




    It's genuinely hilarious that that is being flagged and then seconded as "trolling." Laugh1
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:13 pm

    wprager wrote:OK, my nickname on HFBoards is (was?) wprager.  I got two infractions.  Here's the first one, from a couple weeks ago:



    And here's the most recent one:



    My posts have been removed and I may have been suspended  (I can't view my old posts and that is one of the possible reasons stated in the error message).

    Unbelievable.




    I admire your skills of trollery, old friend.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by wprager on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:26 pm

    I'm a very subtle troll.

    Re-reading the second one, I don't understand, unless they referred to the wrong one. In another post I said how I came to Montreal in '75 and lived there 20 years, and saw my fair share of parades, and how this current incarnation of the franchise is a shadow of the glory days of the '70s.

    Here's the thing, if I worded my posts differently (using they instead of we and so on, to make it sound like I was a Habs fan), well that would be find, of course.

    I should create another account with my gmail account and pretend I'm a Habs fan. Go undercover. Double-agent.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by wprager on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:27 pm

    Oh, I was not suspended. I just can't post in the Habs forum (or at least in that particular topic).


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13131
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by Flo The Action on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:38 pm

    wprager wrote:Oh, I was not suspended.  I just can't post in the Habs forum (or at least in that particular topic).
    Meh. Not a big loss. So you got kicked off the short bus. Are you really sorry?
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54441
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:43 pm

    Vandelay wrote:The optimist in me says Sens in 7.  The realist says there's a good chance we run out of gas.  We've been lucky as of late and haven't been able to skate teams as hard as we were early in this epic run.  I still don't like Weircoch in our zone when teams get the cycle going (don't get me wrong, he's come a long way).  I think now that we've made the playoffs, a lot of fans are of the mindset that we're pretty much invincible. Playoffs are a different game and I think we've been playing all out for the last while and it may cost us now.  I also think a lot of people are assuming Price will play like he did in 2013 against us.  I'm willing to bet he will be great.  

    To me, it all comes down to Zib and Ryan.  Michalek will do what he can but those two have to produce.  With only one scoring line, I don't see us winning this series.

    You're forgetting about Pageau and Condra. They're guys on a mission right now and easily constitute a 2nd line IMO.

    Zibanejad will still have to produce, same with Ryan, but the "3rd" line with Pageau centering is gonna cause the Habs D pairings all sorts of fits.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by wprager on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:49 pm

    Sens have brought up Steve Sterling for the duration of the playoffs. Given the situation with Reeds and the fact that their coaching ranks had already been thinned out without the Bug-Eyed Fat Walrus, this could simply meant they need an extra pair of eyes. But Stirling also ran the Bingo PP (3rd best in the AHL, even with that roster).


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Vandelay
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 769
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-11-07

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by Vandelay on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:58 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:
    Vandelay wrote:The optimist in me says Sens in 7.  The realist says there's a good chance we run out of gas.  We've been lucky as of late and haven't been able to skate teams as hard as we were early in this epic run.  I still don't like Weircoch in our zone when teams get the cycle going (don't get me wrong, he's come a long way).  I think now that we've made the playoffs, a lot of fans are of the mindset that we're pretty much invincible. Playoffs are a different game and I think we've been playing all out for the last while and it may cost us now.  I also think a lot of people are assuming Price will play like he did in 2013 against us.  I'm willing to bet he will be great.  

    To me, it all comes down to Zib and Ryan.  Michalek will do what he can but those two have to produce.  With only one scoring line, I don't see us winning this series.

    You're forgetting about Pageau and Condra.  They're guys on a mission right now and easily constitute a 2nd line IMO.

    Zibanejad will still have to produce, same with Ryan, but the "3rd" line with Pageau centering is gonna cause the Habs D pairings all sorts of fits.


    The whole Pageau being a Habs killer is IMO being over-played as well. I hope it continues but it seems like every fan I talk to thinks we're gonna run over the Habs cause Pageau is gonna score four goals every game. I figure we're in for a a great series as long as the team isn't over-confident like the fan base seems to be. As long as the "playing with house money" mindset continues, we're fine.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20867
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by Ev on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:02 pm

    I don't think we're invicible. I would have picked the Rangers if we played them. But I am confident we can beat the Habs and I am confident we are a better overall team than they are. We have shown that they are our Wing Dang Doodle over the last three seasons
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54441
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:02 pm

    Vandelay wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    Vandelay wrote:The optimist in me says Sens in 7.  The realist says there's a good chance we run out of gas.  We've been lucky as of late and haven't been able to skate teams as hard as we were early in this epic run.  I still don't like Weircoch in our zone when teams get the cycle going (don't get me wrong, he's come a long way).  I think now that we've made the playoffs, a lot of fans are of the mindset that we're pretty much invincible. Playoffs are a different game and I think we've been playing all out for the last while and it may cost us now.  I also think a lot of people are assuming Price will play like he did in 2013 against us.  I'm willing to bet he will be great.  

    To me, it all comes down to Zib and Ryan.  Michalek will do what he can but those two have to produce.  With only one scoring line, I don't see us winning this series.

    You're forgetting about Pageau and Condra.  They're guys on a mission right now and easily constitute a 2nd line IMO.

    Zibanejad will still have to produce, same with Ryan, but the "3rd" line with Pageau centering is gonna cause the Habs D pairings all sorts of fits.


    The whole Pageau being a Habs killer is IMO being over-played as well.  I hope it continues but it seems like every fan I talk to thinks we're gonna run over the Habs cause Pageau is gonna score four goals every game.  I figure we're in for a a great series as long as the team isn't over-confident like the fan base seems to be.  As long as the "playing with house money" mindset continues, we're fine.

    Nevermind whatever success Pageau had against the Habs 2 years ago, he and Condra are playing lights out hockey and could prove to be a big factor.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47977
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by wprager on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:08 pm

    I sent the following reply to the moderator who gave me the first infraction:

    Unbelievable! That guy calls a whole fanbase "arrogant and irrelevent (sic)" and all the other niceties and that's perfectly fine? And *my* post is the one that gets taken down. Brilliant little bit of moderating.

    Got an infraction for that one, for "Abuse of Moderator".

    I was laughing so hard my wife got suspicious. I'm probably banned by now because I couldn't resist and replied to the third infraction. He's probably going to go on stress leave now because I used "OMG" and "Whatever" in my reply.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by LeCaptain on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:04 pm

    Ev wrote:I don't think we're invicible. I would have picked the Rangers if we played them. But I am confident we can beat the Habs and I am confident we are a better overall team than they are. We have shown that they are our Wing Dang Doodle over the last three seasons

    Pretty much.
    I don't think we can beat Tampa either. Other than that we can beat any team in the East, and we can certainly massacre Montreal.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:26 am