Administrator

Number of posts : 47977
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: PGDT: Sens @ Canadiens - Wednesday, Apr 15th, 7:00pm

Post by wprager on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:03 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:I blame SSF's half hearted burgled ham update pre-game.
    I expect a much better report from sources this time around old friend.

My sources were overzealous in updating me so early. They really needed their customary noon-ish wake-up time. Lesson learned?

Let's just not muddy things up with a Bobby Ryan update this time and we should be good to go.

That's entirely on WP Rager. Which, in a roundabout way, means this loss is also entirely on WP Rager.

Ev wrote:God damnit WP Rager

Can't blame this one on me. I was rightfully concerned. Winning game 2 is slightly preferable to game 1 (assuming you split) but now with Stone out it's going to be that much harder. We were already playing with four top-six (Michalek just got back on the ice, Ryan is playing like Cheechoo) and now we are replacing Stone -- top five in the league in the second half -- with Chris Neil. And there's nothing the Habs will want more than going up 2-0, so I expect them to come out swinging for the fences.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16335
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:21 am

Prags, I would expect the refs to call it real tight tonight. The first scrum, they'll pull one guy out of to make an example out of, and they'll probably keep doing this. The one thing they don't want is for things to get crazy. I imagine both teams will be warned by the league, at least unofficially. You can bet that if a Habs player gets injured on a questionable play, the offending Sens player will get the book thrown at them since it will be viewed as "retribution" since we basically said we're "Out For Justice" (great Steven Seagal movie).

Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13614
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:25 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:I blame SSF's half hearted burgled ham update pre-game.
    I expect a much better report from sources this time around old friend.

My sources were overzealous in updating me so early. They really needed their customary noon-ish wake-up time. Lesson learned?

Let's just not muddy things up with a Bobby Ryan update this time and we should be good to go.

That's entirely on WP Rager. Which, in a roundabout way, means this loss is also entirely on WP Rager.

Your logic, and statistical analysis, is undeniable old friend.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47977
    Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:44 am

tim1_2 wrote:Prags, I would expect the refs to call it real tight tonight.  The first scrum, they'll pull one guy out of to make an example out of, and they'll probably keep doing this.  The one thing they don't want is for things to get crazy.  I imagine both teams will be warned by the league, at least unofficially.  You can bet that if a Habs player gets injured on a questionable play, the offending Sens player will get the book thrown at them since it will be viewed as "retribution" since we basically said we're "Out For Justice" (great Steven Seagal movie).

I think the Sens will take every chance presented to them to finish their checks in a legal way. Best retribution is to put a few pucks behind Price and win the game, then the series. PK likes to handle the puck, let him. Don't go out of your way to try and deliver the hit, but take advantage of any opportunity presented. And not just Subban but anyone in red-and-blue. Including the guy between the pipes.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:42 pm

wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Prags, I would expect the refs to call it real tight tonight.  The first scrum, they'll pull one guy out of to make an example out of, and they'll probably keep doing this.  The one thing they don't want is for things to get crazy.  I imagine both teams will be warned by the league, at least unofficially.  You can bet that if a Habs player gets injured on a questionable play, the offending Sens player will get the book thrown at them since it will be viewed as "retribution" since we basically said we're "Out For Justice" (great Steven Seagal movie).

I think the Sens will take every chance presented to them to finish their checks in a legal way.  Best retribution is to put a few pucks behind Price and win the game, then the series.  PK likes to handle the puck, let him.  Don't go out of your way to try and deliver the hit, but take advantage of any opportunity presented.  And not just Subban but anyone in red-and-blue.  Including the guy between the pipes.

Well said. I hope this is a big part of their strategy. If PK sees someone trying to run him, he's just going to dodge and take the opportunity to shoot. They need to play him tight, but not be running around. I feel like Neil will take a few late hits for sure though.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7422
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:33 pm

Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally  29s29 seconds ago
    Stone is on the ice for warmup.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by rooneypoo on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:35 pm

Gamesmanship? Or a truly game-time decision?

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 27s28 seconds ago
    Stone is holding his stick with one hand most of the time. #Sens
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by rooneypoo on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:38 pm

Ugh. Nevermind. He's gonna sit, methinks.

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1m1 minute ago
    Stone can barely shoot the puck. Holding his stick with one hand when he doesn't have the puck. #Sens
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2728

Post by TheAvatar on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:42 pm

Remember Neil = WIN !!! That's the key takeaway !!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:25 am