You are not connected. Please login or register

PGDT - Game 3: Canadiens @ Sens - Sunday, Apr 19th, 7:00pm

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Poop. That puck didn't go off a hand, but it hit the red stanchion part by the curved glass.

Poop.

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I've seen the Sens do some incredible things in the last couple of months, so I wouldn't count them quite out yet. That said, Montreal has been a little bit better than us in each game so far, so the series score is where it should be.

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The series is so close that we should have at least one win.

Anderson is done as a sen if he wasn't already before. His last stand.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Why the negative Dung on Anderson? First game in forever and he almost stole it for us....

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He blew it. He blew his chance at redemption. Now Hammond is gonna cue the comeback

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:He blew it. He blew his chance at redemption. Now Hammond is gonna cue the comeback

Dumb comment. Good night.

LeCaptain

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:He blew it. He blew his chance at redemption. Now Hammond is gonna cue the comeback

Facepalm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I enjoyed the run so much. Will never forget it. Clearly the series is done though, price is a wall and we needed that one.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Just like the last OT goal everyone was blaming Hammond. Stupid goals like this go in. That's why you simply cannot let anyone shoot. Wiercioch should have been playing it tighter.

But I will say this, typical Andy comment after the game, saying it was a perfect shot, 12" off the ice and just inside the post. WTF is he talking about? He needed to have his pad up against the post and they're still playing. That goal was on him and he says it was a "perfect" shot?

Honestly, he played a great game but that's a stoppable goal by a huge margin. Just own it. I've had enough of his excuses.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
That's the way the weenie rolls, kids.

LeCaptain

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Our defense is getting outplayed on so many levels. Need better skaters back there.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Anderson had a great game. I'd leave him in.
That said we are done. We might win the next one as the games are really close but we are done. I hope we make a big move this summer. We need a 1st line winger and a top 4 Dman. Anderson and Wier out might've what happens. Keep Cowen on the bottom pairing till he figures it out.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Ottawa's 4th line = useless

Montreal's 4th line = automatic.

Ottawa has a real issue with their 4th line right now, they have nothing there.

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Shorten the bench?


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

NEELY


Mod
Mod
You can't, you need a 4th line in the playoffs, all Cup winners have a 4th line they can throw out there and count on.

Neil is a perfect guy to have on the wing there but Legeand and Hoffman are useless on that same line. I would love to see what a guy like Robinson brings to that spot next year and a guy like Smith back at center.

The 3rd line I think you let Condra walk at this point and try and bring in a guy with a little size, some speed, and some smart. Maybe Michalek moves down there though. The top 2 lines I wouldn't really ]touch at all but the Sens do need a big LH center still.

Back on the blueline I still really like the top 4 but they may need a vet back there capable of being a top 4 guy. Where they are going to get that player I have no idea but Gryba had a really tough time in this series and they need an upgrade there too.

Goaltending... Anderson is gone. He was awesome last night but like the story of his season he wasn't able to get it done. Hammond I think gets resigned to a 2 year deal as the backup, Lehner probably gets the chance to be the #1, and hopefully O'Connor decides Ottawa is the best place for him.

All in all there doesn't need to be any major moves but they should be making some important one. I think this is going to be a 2 year process to really put this team together. They need to be just a little tougher, a little faster and mobile on the backend, and they need to figure out the goalie situation once and for all.


wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:Anderson had a great game. I'd leave him in.
That said we are done. We might win the next one as the games are really close but we are done. I hope we make a big move this summer. We need a 1st line winger and a top 4 Dman. Anderson and Wier out might've what happens. Keep Cowen on the bottom pairing till he figures it out.

Yes, he had a great game, faced a ton of shots, and two that should not have gone in went in. The first one he sat in his crease thinking he had it, but he didn't, so open net goal for Wiese. Anderson -- not only did he give up a rebound but he did not know he gave up a rebound. Sure, someone should have had Wiese, that was a missed assignment, but that's why you have a goalie back there -- every SOG is a mistake (missed assignment, did not close gap and deflect puck with stick, let someone walk around you, turned the wrong way, etc.) and the goalie is paid to cover up for those. The one in OT is a simple play where you hug the post and he didn't. And I would not be piling up on Andy if he did the proper thing and admit that, despite the great game he had up to that point, that was on him. It was *not* a perfect shot (well, it kinda was because there was a 2" opening and he put it in there -- but there simply should not have been a 2" opening).

I am tired of the same schtick from this guy. He's a very good goalie (most of the time), he gets injured and cannot be relied on to play 70+ games, and when things don't go well he points fingers at every one but himself. Kinda like Rod Tidwell in Jerrry Maguire.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Prags, some goalie coaches, including Brodeur's, recommend to goalies that they don't blame themself...ever. It's a confidence thing. Anyway, Anderson was really solid last night. The team that played better won all 3 games...hard to complain about that. We're a very young team and have made some young team mistakes that wound up in our net...what're you gonna do?

How about that hit by Karlsson last night? Unreal. I think he actually got the head first, but that was no fault of his. I think he took another step last night if that's possible.

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Anderson had a great game. I'd leave him in.
That said we are done. We might win the next one as the games are really close but we are done. I hope we make a big move this summer. We need a 1st line winger and a top 4 Dman. Anderson and Wier out might've what happens. Keep Cowen on the bottom pairing till he figures it out.

Yes, he had a great game, faced a ton of shots, and two that should not have gone in went in.  The first one he sat in his crease thinking he had it, but he didn't, so open net goal for Wiese.  Anderson -- not only did he give up a rebound but he did not know he gave up a rebound.  Sure, someone should have had Wiese, that was a missed assignment, but that's why you have a goalie back there -- every SOG is a mistake (missed assignment, did not close gap and deflect puck with stick, let someone walk around you, turned the wrong way, etc.) and the goalie is paid to cover up for those.  The one in OT is a simple play where you hug the post and he didn't.  And I would not be piling up on Andy if he did the proper thing and admit that, despite the great game he had up to that point, that was on him.  It was *not* a perfect shot (well, it kinda was because there was a 2" opening and he put it in there -- but there simply should not have been a 2" opening).

I am tired of the same schtick from this guy.  He's a very good goalie (most of the time), he gets injured and cannot be relied on to play 70+ games, and when things don't go well he points fingers at every one but himself.  Kinda like Rod Tidwell in Jerrry Maguire.

I don't know a lot of goalies that play 70+ games a season. I see your point though. The guy has an annual injury. I've said, all season, that Anderson should be traded and run with Lehner, regardless of what happens with Hammond.


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum