PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Share

    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16498
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:45 am

    Vandelay wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:No one mentioned the face off infraction call? That was all kinds of PullHair .

    Welcome back Mr. Anderson. We've missed you.

    BoroCop was awesome.

    Refs were quite weird. Almost like they were parodying themselves.

    If we had a team of Pageaus, we'd never lose.

    Let's win on Friday, shall we?

    I was on my way home from work, listening to the radio when the face off penalty happened. Gord and Dean were losing their Dung...They said Hoffman didn't try to do anything on the faceoff after Zib got kicked out and it seemed like that's why they got the penalty. Pretty much the linesman effed up both times and it was on him for not letting the official know that was the case rather than allowing the ottawa penalty to happen.

    It was a super-weird situation. On the second attempted faceoff, Hoffman knocked the puck out of the linesman's hands, so I guess that's why the second violation (an automatic penalty) was called...but there were actually three faceoffs total. The first one the linesman blew dead after dropping the puck because of some reason...I guess he felt it wasn't fair. Then on the 2nd faceoff, the Ottawa player got kicked out, then the 3rd happened with Hoffman.

    To quote Don Cherry "JUST. DROP. THE. PUCK."

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48303
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by wprager on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:19 am

    NEELY wrote:Well... you know there is a lot of pressure on Friday night to end the Sens season in Montreal but we are now almost 5 games in and you can see the smaller Habs slowing down a little bit. Game 5 is game 7 for the Habs, they do not want to come back to Ottawa.

    Best case scenario for the Habs right now is not getting hurt while winning this series in 5... not exactly motivational.

    All those hits in the first 3 games are also coming around to roost, to mix some metaphors. Pacioretty has been MIA except for that one PP goal. He's far from 100%. Last night he took a fairly heavy hit -- Pageau, I think. Need a few more like that to make him think twice about where he goes on the ice.

    We really, really need to get into Price's crease and make it uncomfortable for him. Refs need to pull their whistles out and call the penalties on their beloved Habs. That diving "warning" -- what the heck is that? If he dove (and since they've done it a lot already) give him 2. That said, they are officially on record with a warning so the refs will be looking for it.

    How is Gallagher getting away with all the goalie interferences? I could barely believe the play last night -- he skates right through the crease (puck was nowhere near it) and pushes Anderson out of the way with his stick up high -- a cross check, by most definitions. He also bumped into him behind the net. He completely ran *over* Hammond in the first game (after the Plekanec goal). Plekanec joined in the fun last night as Andy was reaching for a puck at eye-level and Plekanec went right through his outstretched blocker arm. It wasn't exactly in the crease but still, that's interfering with the goalie. And of course that cross-checking call on Boro was all about DSP standing 2 feet deep in the crease way before the puck arrived.

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54631
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:27 am

    Face off violation...still can't believe that one.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16498
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:29 am

    Prags, you are repeating yourself. And you have an unhealthy obsession with the officiating.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:33 am

    SpezDispensed wrote:Face off violation...still can't believe that one.

    That was a huge red flag right there. Almost like the refs wanted Montreal to win. Or, at the very least, they wanted Ottawa to lose... Vertigo

    It's right up there with Subban overturning calls and making calls on the ice and that Turris diving penalty earlier this year with the trip (or whatever it was) not being called. You never see those things.

    Granted, Clouston argued calls so I guess we deserve it. Because nobody argues calls. Ever.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16498
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:58 am

    The Ghost of Cory Clouston will haunt us forever and ever....
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:01 am

    tim1_2 wrote:The Ghost of Cory Clouston will haunt us forever and ever....

    good thing the penalty kill has been solid. It looked even more aggressive yesterday which was surprising in an elimination game but delightful, nonetheless.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:14 am

    LeCaptain wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    spader wrote:
    LeCaptain wrote:History (re)starts today.

    #gosengo

    #sensin7 TwoThumbsUp!

    LET'S DO IT!!!!

    Done.

    Agreed!


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:32 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    Vandelay wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:No one mentioned the face off infraction call? That was all kinds of PullHair .

    Welcome back Mr. Anderson. We've missed you.

    BoroCop was awesome.

    Refs were quite weird. Almost like they were parodying themselves.

    If we had a team of Pageaus, we'd never lose.

    Let's win on Friday, shall we?

    I was on my way home from work, listening to the radio when the face off penalty happened. Gord and Dean were losing their Dung...They said Hoffman didn't try to do anything on the faceoff after Zib got kicked out and it seemed like that's why they got the penalty. Pretty much the linesman effed up both times and it was on him for not letting the official know that was the case rather than allowing the ottawa penalty to happen.

    It was a super-weird situation. On the second attempted faceoff, Hoffman knocked the puck out of the linesman's hands, so I guess that's why the second violation (an automatic penalty) was called...but there were actually three faceoffs total. The first one the linesman blew dead after dropping the puck because of some reason...I guess he felt it wasn't fair. Then on the 2nd faceoff, the Ottawa player got kicked out, then the 3rd happened with Hoffman.

    To quote Don Cherry "JUST. DROP. THE. PUCK."

    It wasn't fair because Ottawa won those clean and it could have created a scoring chance.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54631
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:16 am

    You have to have nuts the size of coconuts to make that call in a 0-0 elimination game on the team's home ice. Crazy. I don't yell at refs often (from the couch) because they're really not out to get you (Prager), but what a Cussing ballsy, dumb call that was.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by LeCaptain on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:19 am

    First time I watch Stone live. Him and Pageau are unreal, that's why the PK is amazing right now. They anticipate the plays better than anyone else.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16498
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:26 am

    Condra and Pageau killing penalties together is a magical thing to watch.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:27 am

    LeCaptain wrote:First time I watch Stone live. Him and Pageau are unreal, that's why the PK is amazing right now. They anticipate the plays better than anyone else.

    Stone is ridiculously good. He's already our version of Johnny Toes and obviously already is and will continue to be better than that overrated player for the next decade and a half.

    No wonder I've had him on my extremely short "untouchable" list for some time.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54631
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:28 am

    LeCaptain wrote:First time I watch Stone live. Him and Pageau are unreal, that's why the PK is amazing right now. They anticipate the plays better than anyone else.

    Yeah, both players are incredible at reading plays. Condra's pretty good too. This with Stone not even close to 100% either.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by LeCaptain on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:41 am

    People don't appreciate defense enough in sports.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13356
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:45 am

    NEELY wrote:Also, watching Anderson play this way... oh man. I can't stand his injuries, his head games he plays with himself, and the general demeanor he carries sometimes but just wow. He's a top 5 goalie when he plays like that and most importantly he is not intimidated looking at Price at the other end.

    Is he really the guy the Sens should be trading? I obviously think he is still but man, you have to stop and think a minute.

    This is why you have to trade him.
    Imagine if he contributes this way all the way to a game 7? Or dare I say the 2nd round?
    His value will be up!
    I'm not comfortable with Anderson being here long term and what that means for lehner. You couldn't ask for a better time.

    I really want a package deal made to Edmonton but I don't think they move one of their big guys. It might end up being Pitts 1st they offer in exchange. To me that's not the deal the team needs to make but I don't feel we'll have that many dance partners.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:58 am

    Flo The Action wrote:
    NEELY wrote:Also, watching Anderson play this way... oh man. I can't stand his injuries, his head games he plays with himself, and the general demeanor he carries sometimes but just wow. He's a top 5 goalie when he plays like that and most importantly he is not intimidated looking at Price at the other end.

    Is he really the guy the Sens should be trading? I obviously think he is still but man, you have to stop and think a minute.

    This is why you have to trade him.
    Imagine if he contributes this way all the way to a game 7? Or dare I say the 2nd round?
    His value will be up!
    I'm not comfortable with Anderson being here long term and what that means for lehner. You couldn't ask for a better time.

    I really want a package deal made to Edmonton but I don't think they move one of their big guys. It might end up being Pitts 1st they offer in exchange. To me that's not the deal the team needs to make but I don't feel we'll have that many dance partners.

    You trade the guy that gets you the best return. If that's Lehner because a team likes his upside better than what Anderson would give them, you don't think twice.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48303
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by wprager on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:28 am

    SpezDispensed wrote:You have to have nuts the size of coconuts to make that call in a 0-0 elimination game on the team's home ice. Crazy. I don't yell at refs often (from the couch) because they're really not out to get you (Prager), but what a Cussing ballsy, dumb call that was.

    Or brain the size of nuts.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: PGDT - Game 4: Canadiens @ Sens - Wednesday, Apr 22nd, 7:00pm

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:42 pm