PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Share

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48304
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by wprager on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:01 am

    tim1_2 wrote:Bobby Ryan is not "going", but he's mixing it up a bit physically and trying to be a factor despite whatever injury is ailing him. If we're without CMac next game, things just got tougher.

    You can't deny he's been better the last two games. Maybe Hoffman being put back on his line helped, who knows. He was credited with the goal on Hoffan's shot so he's got three goals -- two on Price and the tip that prevented Anderson from getting two shutouts in a row.

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54631
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by PTFlea on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:06 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:So, Hofmann solidify his spot on the "second line"?  Considering we might be without CMac, Pageau and Stone unable to effectively shoot the puck; having Bobby Ryan going with Hoffman is a necessity.

    I think he has for sure.

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21017
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by Ev on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:06 am

    Tim is just a hater. Bobby had a good game and only had 13 minutes
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16498
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:15 am

    I don't blame Bobby...he's injured. I'm happy he's still finding a way to contribute, but he's certainly not at his best.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by NEELY on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:24 am

    Gotta give it to Ryan, he's playing injured and he's finding a way to contribute at the most important time.

    Michalek will probably move up to that top line and sitting Neil a game now looks genius because he had an extra 2 days rest and can come back into the lineup at home with a lot of energy and momentum going his and the Sens way.

    So impressed with this team, not ready for it to end yet, Anderson is turning into a great story, and I just want everything to keep going.

    Just win 1, win game 6.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:51 am

    Anderson is in their heads, the seed of doubt is growing and the Sens are believers. This could be epic!


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:53 am

    It makes the thought all the more delicious because it's the Habs. Smile


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by NEELY on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:55 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:It makes the thought all the more delicious because it's the Habs. Smile

    Game 6... game 6 is the only thought.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:57 am

    For the players? Yes. Fans can dream Smile


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48304
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by wprager on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:58 am

    NEELY wrote:Gotta give it to Ryan, he's playing injured and he's finding a way to contribute at the most important time.

    Michalek will probably move up to that top line and sitting Neil a game now looks genius because he had an extra 2 days rest and can come back into the lineup at home with a lot of energy and momentum going his and the Sens way.

    So impressed with this team, not ready for it to end yet, Anderson is turning into a great story, and I just want everything to keep going.  

    Just win 1, win game 6.

    I'm a bit concerned with Neil being a little over enthusiastic. His one game in he cost us two odd-man rushes with off-sides, and he still tends to go out of his way to deliver a hit -- without the wheels to be able to get back into the play.

    All those hits in the first two (and to a lesser extent the third) games are having an effect on the Habs. Now Prust is sore and you've got to think that Gallagher, not the biggest guy around, has a few bumps and bruises. Subban is doing a lot more East/West and twirling around in the neutral zone, as opposed to putting his shoulder down and barreling ahead North/South. Pacioretty is playing injured. Either that or he's not in game shape -- remember it took CMac about 6 games to get to 100%. Pacioretty has had 4, so far.

    Prust, Mitchell and Flynn were all -2 (that's 2 out of Ottawa's 3 ES goals). Their 4th line was instrumental in the first two games.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48304
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by wprager on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:04 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:Anderson is in their heads, the seed of doubt is growing and the Sens are believers. This could be epic!

    I was in a little twitter battle with some Habs fan who said something like "LOL if you think Anderson can beat Price 4 straight" (this was after G4). I told him the Sens weren't trying to win 4 straight, just trying to win 1 in a row. Four times.

    Win game 4. Don't think about what happened before, don't think of what will happen tomorrow. Then win game 5 -- don't even think about game 6 or even game 4, for that matter. Those games don't matter an iota. The only thing that matters is game 6. And if it comes down to game 7, that's the only game that matters. The improbability of overcoming a 0-3 deficit doesn't matter. Beating a Vezina/Hart goalie 4 in a row doesn't matter. Playing in an unfriendly barn does not matter. What happened in the previous games does not matter. The only thing that matters is the game they are playing. All those other things, well, we can only hope that that's all at the back of the Habs' players minds (if not at the forefront) -- but even *that* doesn't matter.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 9235
    Age : 40
    Location : Mississauga
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by Hoags on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:15 am

    Ottawa has been screening Price beautifully. The Condra goal is the only one he saw.

    On the other side. Anderson can see almost anything and Montreal is largely taking perimeter shots.

    The amount of SH breakaways is kind of worrisome.

    Our fourth line was actually creating chances and maintaining possession. That's how we can beat them. Roll 4 lines they cannot possibly all handle.

    We will see what happens but Montreal is now feeling the heat.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:17 am

    wprager wrote:
    NEELY wrote:Gotta give it to Ryan, he's playing injured and he's finding a way to contribute at the most important time.

    Michalek will probably move up to that top line and sitting Neil a game now looks genius because he had an extra 2 days rest and can come back into the lineup at home with a lot of energy and momentum going his and the Sens way.

    So impressed with this team, not ready for it to end yet, Anderson is turning into a great story, and I just want everything to keep going.  

    Just win 1, win game 6.

    I'm a bit concerned with Neil being a little over enthusiastic.  His one game in he cost us two odd-man rushes with off-sides, and he still tends to go out of his way to deliver a hit -- without the wheels to be able to get back into the play.

    All those hits in the first two (and to a lesser extent the third) games are having an effect on the Habs.  Now Prust is sore and you've got to think that Gallagher, not the biggest guy around, has a few bumps and bruises.  Subban is doing a lot more East/West and twirling around in the neutral zone, as opposed to putting his shoulder down and barreling ahead North/South.  Pacioretty is playing injured.  Either that or he's not in game shape -- remember it took CMac about 6 games to get to 100%.  Pacioretty has had 4, so far.  

    Prust, Mitchell and Flynn were all -2 (that's 2 out of Ottawa's 3 ES goals).  Their 4th line was instrumental in the first two games.  

    Neil played in game three and game four.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48304
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by wprager on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:28 am

    I guess I'm thinking of game 3. He came out and was hitting, as per usual, and creating off-sides, as per usual. I love big hits but I don't like it when players go out of their way and then are late on the back-check.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7429
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by rooneypoo on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:40 am

    Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 5m5 minutes ago View translation
    Pageau says he's fine.

    Still nothing on MacArthur.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48304
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by wprager on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:43 am

    Don't know if any of you were at the CTC. Stuntman Stu was there announcing the goals and penalties (the rest of the time we had the CBC feed except for commercial breaks). On the Wiercioch penalty roughing Prust after he speared Andy, the call was "Ottawa penalty to #46, Patrick Wiercioch, for being AWESOME!"


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:06 am

    rooneypoo wrote:Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch  5m5 minutes ago View translation
    Pageau says he's fine.

    Still nothing on MacArthur.


    Ottawa SenatorsVerified account
    ‏@Senators

    "I don't care if his (Subban) shots get harder. I'm not moving." - Jean-Gabriel Pageau


    Nuff said.
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7429
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by rooneypoo on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:11 am

    Sounds like MacArthur is OK:

    Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 7m7 minutes ago
    Cameron says he hopes to have all players available tomorrow. #Sens

    Sponsored content

    Re: PGDT - Game 5: Sens @ Canadiens - Friday, Apr 24th, 7:00pm

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:47 pm