Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by Hoags on Sun May 10, 2015 1:53 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Mind you, if St. Louis calls and wants to offer j-bo and sobotka or berglund for Anderson, Hoffman and legwand then you listen.

Although, Hoffman is the speed on this team that's sorely needed so maybe trading him is a mistake, but sobotka is a destroyer. Hell to play against.
    I can be a bit of a Homer st times but I think you are under valuing Hoffman right now. Rookie year and almost scores 30. His value might never be this high. I'd like me some jay-Bo personally but sobotka has flight risk writen all over him and berg Lund is a big meh. We need a left winger that can score more. I think berg Lund can play on the wing but he's not an upgrade in Hoff

Hoffman is a LW who can score. Unless you trade for someone of similar value you're downgrading the top-6. Plus slowing them down.

Not sure why we need J-Bo

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun May 10, 2015 2:10 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=714048

Can play both wings and c, if you want a lefty to take an important draw, he's up there as one of the best, major competitor, hates to lose.

We need this guy IMO.

Just sign manny malholetra if you want a lefty to take face offs.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21010
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Sun May 10, 2015 2:17 pm

Hoags wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Mind you, if St. Louis calls and wants to offer j-bo and sobotka or berglund for Anderson, Hoffman and legwand then you listen.

Although, Hoffman is the speed on this team that's sorely needed so maybe trading him is a mistake, but sobotka is a destroyer. Hell to play against.
    I can be a bit of a Homer st times but I think you are under valuing Hoffman right now. Rookie year and almost scores 30. His value might never be this high. I'd like me some jay-Bo personally but sobotka has flight risk writen all over him and berg Lund is a big meh. We need a left winger that can score more. I think berg Lund can play on the wing but he's not an upgrade in Hoff

Hoffman is a LW who can score. Unless you trade for someone of similar value you're downgrading the top-6. Plus slowing them down.

Not sure why we need J-Bo

There are many LW wr could get who are an upgrade on Hoffman
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13344
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sun May 10, 2015 2:43 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, the more I think about it, you might be right about Hoffman. Sobotka isn't a flight risk at all IMO, they just couldn't hammer out a contract with him so he left.

I'm personally more interested in a tough player to play against more than a goal scorer. J-bo with Ceci is an awesome thought an him with Karlsson is very exciting, right?

How about Anderson and Cowen for j-bo and sobotka?

Sobotka iirc is a sick faceoff guy who can play left wing as well and is an upgrade on Condra.

You upgrade two important pieces of your team although you might have to add to Andy and Cowen to get it done
    done and done! that is a move i could get behind.jay bo would look pretty sick with either karlsson or ceci. Sobotka singed a contract with russia after arbitration had given them a number. if you ask me thats flight right there but I agree. nothing against the type of game he plays. he'd be great on our third line. alongside pageau and lazar.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10071
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Sun May 10, 2015 2:53 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, the more I think about it, you might be right about Hoffman. Sobotka isn't a flight risk at all IMO, they just couldn't hammer out a contract with him so he left.

I'm personally more interested in a tough player to play against more than a goal scorer. J-bo with Ceci is an awesome thought an him with Karlsson is very exciting, right?

Sobotka iirc is a sick faceoff guy who can play left wing as well and is an upgrade on Condra.

You upgrade two important pieces of your team although you might have to add to Andy and Cowen to get it done

Do we have to take Elliot back then? Sarcasm
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun May 10, 2015 3:02 pm

spader wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Interesting wrinkle...
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun May 10, 2015 3:03 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    spader wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Interesting wrinkle...
    that becomes their problem.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Sun May 10, 2015 3:13 pm

All that matters at this point is that O'Connor makes it simpler to make a trade. The Sens crease is easily the most dynamic in the league right now (if Hammond signs) with 3 or 4 legitimate options to play any game. I say 3 or 4 because I don't actually think O'Connor will play in the NHL next season, but who knows? I never would have thought Hammond would get a game this season either.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48298
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sun May 10, 2015 3:31 pm

From Friedman's "30 Thoughts":

25. So now that OConnor is going to Ottawa, whos leaving? Its not an easy question to answer, because some potential partners may prefer Craig Anderson while others might choose Robin Lehner, pending his recovery. Its believed Buffalo would have interest in Anderson, but would the Senators send another goalie in the division (Ben Bishop)? If one of them can get the Senators a top-six forward, thats the guy who goes.

26. As much as well focus on the goalies, Ottawas biggest off-season decision may be an honest appraisal of Jared Cowens NHL future. Youre selling low right now, and when you see how far many of their young players came in the second-half, is it better to give him another shot when he gets healthy. Inconsistency may drive you crazy, but not as crazy as seeing a player you drafted and developed shine somewhere else.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16491
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Sun May 10, 2015 3:43 pm

Edmonton would be the ideal spot for Lehner I think...especially now that they lost out on O'Connor. I wonder if Lehners health status lowers his value though.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun May 10, 2015 7:42 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Edmonton would be the ideal spot for Lehner I think...especially now that they lost out on O'Connor. I wonder if Lehners health status lowers his value though.
    not unless it's for a big time player.
    You trade Anderson. Anything else is too big a gamble in my eyes. We'll be ok down the road without Anderson just because he's got a limited amount of good years left. Lehner will bite is in the Donkey.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by NEELY on Sun May 10, 2015 8:07 pm

Front page of the Sun right now "expect 2 year deal for Hammond".

It's Lehner or Anderson out the door.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Sun May 10, 2015 8:36 pm

Garrick also wrote Lehner would get the highest return. That's all k care about, get the highest return
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54629
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Sun May 10, 2015 8:38 pm

If he accepts the deal.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun May 10, 2015 8:47 pm

I don't care about highest return. I care about what's vest for the team as a whole. What makes us better as far as winning a cup. That means short and long term.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Sun May 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Flo The Action wrote:I don't care about highest return. I care about what's vest for the team as a whole. What makes us better as far as winning a cup. That means short and long term.

I care about highest return because that is what will make us better. We will win regardless of who is in net if we build a good team Smile
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54629
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Sun May 10, 2015 9:03 pm

Need to upgrade one position on D in a big way. Other than that I like our team. Need to shed some dead weight obviously.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Sun May 10, 2015 10:39 pm

Ev wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:I don't care about highest return. I care about what's vest for the team as a whole. What makes us better as far as winning a cup. That means short and long term.

I care about highest return because that is what will make us better. We will win regardless of who is in net if we build a good team Smile

Trading Karlsson will get the highest return, but won't make us better. You do ok in that logic course, Ev?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:03 pm