Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:34 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:I wonder if the Rangers consider moving Nash and his massive contract.
    I'm sure they are considering it. But will they? Can they? He's capable of scoring but he hasn't shown to be a next level player in the playoffs.

Yeah, that's the worry, but he certainly was working out there.  He's the kind of guy that would be pretty interesting to watch on Zibanejad's and Ryan's line.  A big dude who can score with the best of them.

If they move him, I'd like it be in on it.  Huge price tag though.
    i think his price has gone down over the years. I'm not sure if I can put a price on it but probably something similar to what it cost to squire Bobby Ryan but maybe a bit less(what we gave up at the time had a higher value than it does now, mind you Silf has regained a lot of his value)

I'm not sure I'd want Nash. I'd rather have a ROR as I think he would complement that line mush better.

I'd prefer ROR, but it'll be tough to get him.  If it's a 2016 1st + Prince + 2nd this year for Nash or something along those lines, I'd love to get Nash.

EDIT: I forgot he vetoed a trade to Ottawa before, he should suck a Richard.

Pretty well every player in the NHL has vetoed a trade to Ottawa at one point or another.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10071
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:38 pm

wprager wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Really...who gives a Diddle if someone wins a gold medal at the Worlds where the most important players are either not playing in it or playing where it matters - in the NHL playoffs.

Good for Wiercioch, good for Crosby, good for Spezza.  No one really cares.

Feel free to not give a Diddle.  You are not the one making the trades.  Everyone's *best* player was there.

And by "everyone's" I don't include myself in "everyone".

I'm with you on this one. The Worlds isn't a huge deal, but a gold medal on someone's resume is going to increase his value. Look at how everyone talks about players who don't "win at every level." This is winning, and it makes the players look good. It certainly doesn't have the same punch as a Cup or an Olympics gold, but it's definitely going to have a positive effect on his value.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21017
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:01 pm

spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Really...who gives a Diddle if someone wins a gold medal at the Worlds where the most important players are either not playing in it or playing where it matters - in the NHL playoffs.

Feel free to not give a Diddle.  You are not the one making the trades.  Everyone's *best* player was there.

I'm with you on this one. The Worlds isn't a huge deal, but a gold medal on someone's resume is going to increase his value. Look at how everyone talks about players who don't "win at every level." This is winning, and it makes the players look good. It certainly doesn't have the same punch as a Cup or an Olympics gold, but it's definitely going to have a positive effect on his value.

that would be like saying Rundblad's value increases because he happened to be on Chicago when they won a Cup
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by spader on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:42 pm

Ev wrote:
    spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:

that would be like saying Rundblad's value increases because he happened to be on Chicago when they won a Cup

Incorrect. You are a contrarian, and that's ok, but you know that this isn't the case. There's a big difference between being a regular member of a winning team and watching your team win from the press box. You know that. I know that. GMs in the league know that. Why are we talking about it?
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:58 pm

spader wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:

Incorrect. You are a contrarian, and that's ok, but you know that this isn't the case. There's a big difference between being a regular member of a winning team and watching your team win from the press box. You know that. I know that. GMs in the league know that. Why are we talking about it?

Runs glad has payed quite a bit actually. And Wiercioch barely played at the worlds. I'm just telling you facts. Not being a contrarian. Being a 6th dean of a stacked world championship team doesn't mean much at the end of the day for his NHL value.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:59 pm

Ev wrote:
    spader wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:

Runs glad has payed quite a bit actually. And Wiercioch barely played at the worlds. I'm just telling you facts. Not being a contrarian. Being a 6th dean of a stacked world championship team doesn't mean much at the end of the day for his NHL value.

Pfft. Says you.

When the Penguins ask Crysby if he has anyone he would recommend adding he would respond: "Get me Patrick Wilcox... spend whatever it takes."

Plus if you're on a team that wins a Cup, your value goes up and you get the "knows how to win" tag.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48305
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Ev wrote:
    spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:

Again, it's the fact that the people in charge thought enough of him to ask him to play. And then their qualifications as experts were confirmed by the gold medal.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54632
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:00 am

Vermette to ottawa E77?
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:41 am

SpezDispensed wrote:Vermette to ottawa E77?

That's what my sources are saying.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16501
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:34 am

I wonder how much old Antoine will get? $5M for 5 years? His numbers were great with Arizona, but then he vanished with Chicago for a bit...before becoming important to them as they closed in on the Cup....
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54632
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:38 am

21 for 5 years? Something like that perhaps
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48305
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:51 am

Two more ex-Senators with Cup rings. Facepalm

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:12 am

SpezDispensed wrote:21 for 5 years?  Something like that perhaps

Sounds somewhat reasonable. I'm guessing he'll take pretty much the longest one he can get.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:35 am

The Sens signed Lindberg to an entry-level contract.
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7429
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:43 am

Ev wrote:
    spader wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:

PLAYOFF GAME LOG

G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG S S% SHIFTS TOI PPP
    JUN 6 '15 CHI @ TBL 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0.0 15 7:48 0
    JUN 3 '15 CHI @ TBL 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 10 7:22 0
    MAY 30 '15 CHI @ ANA 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 11 5:35 0
    MAY 27 '15 ANA @ CHI 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0.0 8 5:53 0
    MAY 17 '15 CHI @ ANA 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 17 10:47 0

Laugh1 Rundblad played 5 games, topping 7:48 mins ONCE. Gross. I hate that he gets his name on the cup. He just barely hit the minimums needed to do so:

"A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play."

He played 49 games and 2 games in the final.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:47 am

rooneypoo wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    spader wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:

PLAYOFF GAME LOG

Laugh1  Rundblad played 5 games, topping 7:48 mins ONCE. Gross. I hate that he gets his name on the cup. He just barely hit the minimums needed to do so:

"A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play."

True, it;s hard to remember him when their bottom pair plays so little. I remember him playing a lot more during the regular season.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:00 am

Ev wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    Ev wrote:

PLAYOFF GAME LOG

Laugh1  Rundblad played 5 games, topping 7:48 mins ONCE. Gross. I hate that he gets his name on the cup. He just barely hit the minimums needed to do so:

True, it;s hard to remember him when their bottom pair plays so little. I remember him playing a lot more during the regular season.

It's especially hard to remember when you don't actually watch the games but just spout off "facts" to prove a point.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:07 am

spader wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    Ev wrote:

PLAYOFF GAME LOG

It's especially hard to remember when you don't actually watch the games but just spout off "facts" to prove a point.

I watched the games in which Rundblad was playing.

It's still a very apt comparison to Wiercioch on Team Canada. Two players who had basically nothing to do with the championship.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:14 am