Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Share

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:47 am

    rooneypoo wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    spader wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Really...who gives a Diddle if someone wins a gold medal at the Worlds where the most important players are either not playing in it or playing where it matters - in the NHL playoffs.

    Good for Wiercioch, good for Crosby, good for Spezza.  No one really cares.

    Feel free to not give a Diddle.  You are not the one making the trades.  Everyone's *best* player was there.

    And by "everyone's" I don't include myself in "everyone".

    I'm with you on this one. The Worlds isn't a huge deal, but a gold medal on someone's resume is going to increase his value. Look at how everyone talks about players who don't "win at every level." This is winning, and it makes the players look good. It certainly doesn't have the same punch as a Cup or an Olympics gold, but it's definitely going to have a positive effect on his value.

    that would be like saying Rundblad's value increases because he happened to be on Chicago when they won a Cup

    Incorrect. You are a contrarian, and that's ok, but you know that this isn't the case. There's a big difference between being a regular member of a winning team and watching your team win from the press box. You know that. I know that. GMs in the league know that. Why are we talking about it?

    Runs glad has payed quite a bit actually. And Wiercioch barely played at the worlds. I'm just telling you facts. Not being a contrarian. Being a 6th dean of a stacked world championship team doesn't mean much at the end of the day for his NHL value.

    PLAYOFF GAME LOG


    G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG S S% SHIFTS TOI PPP
    JUN 6 '15 CHI @ TBL 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0.0 15 7:48 0
    JUN 3 '15 CHI @ TBL 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 10 7:22 0
    MAY 30 '15 CHI @ ANA 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 11 5:35 0
    MAY 27 '15 ANA @ CHI 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0.0 8 5:53 0
    MAY 17 '15 CHI @ ANA 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 17 10:47 0

    Laugh1  Rundblad played 5 games, topping 7:48 mins ONCE. Gross. I hate that he gets his name on the cup. He just barely hit the minimums needed to do so:

    "A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play."

    He played 49 games and 2 games in the final.



    True, it;s hard to remember him when their bottom pair plays so little. I remember him playing a lot more during the regular season.

    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by spader on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:00 am

    Ev wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Runs glad has payed quite a bit actually. And Wiercioch barely played at the worlds. I'm just telling you facts. Not being a contrarian. Being a 6th dean of a stacked world championship team doesn't mean much at the end of the day for his NHL value.

    PLAYOFF GAME LOG


    G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG S S% SHIFTS TOI PPP
    JUN 6 '15 CHI @ TBL 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0.0 15 7:48 0
    JUN 3 '15 CHI @ TBL 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 10 7:22 0
    MAY 30 '15 CHI @ ANA 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 11 5:35 0
    MAY 27 '15 ANA @ CHI 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0.0 8 5:53 0
    MAY 17 '15 CHI @ ANA 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 17 10:47 0

    Laugh1  Rundblad played 5 games, topping 7:48 mins ONCE. Gross. I hate that he gets his name on the cup. He just barely hit the minimums needed to do so:

    "A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play."

    He played 49 games and 2 games in the final.



    True, it;s hard to remember him when their bottom pair plays so little. I remember him playing a lot more during the regular season.

    It's especially hard to remember when you don't actually watch the games but just spout off "facts" to prove a point.

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:07 am

    spader wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Runs glad has payed quite a bit actually. And Wiercioch barely played at the worlds. I'm just telling you facts. Not being a contrarian. Being a 6th dean of a stacked world championship team doesn't mean much at the end of the day for his NHL value.

    PLAYOFF GAME LOG


    G A P +/- PIM PPG SHG S S% SHIFTS TOI PPP
    JUN 6 '15 CHI @ TBL 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0.0 15 7:48 0
    JUN 3 '15 CHI @ TBL 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 10 7:22 0
    MAY 30 '15 CHI @ ANA 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 11 5:35 0
    MAY 27 '15 ANA @ CHI 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0.0 8 5:53 0
    MAY 17 '15 CHI @ ANA 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 0 17 10:47 0

    Laugh1  Rundblad played 5 games, topping 7:48 mins ONCE. Gross. I hate that he gets his name on the cup. He just barely hit the minimums needed to do so:

    "A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play."

    He played 49 games and 2 games in the final.



    True, it;s hard to remember him when their bottom pair plays so little. I remember him playing a lot more during the regular season.

    It's especially hard to remember when you don't actually watch the games but just spout off "facts" to prove a point.

    I watched the games in which Rundblad was playing.

    It's still a very apt comparison to Wiercioch on Team Canada. Two players who had basically nothing to do with the championship.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47960
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:11 am

    Team Canada was down 0-2 and 4-3 to Sweden; Wiercioch scored the tying goal mid-way through the third.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10065
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by spader on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:19 am

    wprager wrote:Team Canada was down 0-2 and 4-3 to Sweden; Wiercioch scored the tying goal mid-way through the third.

    It was a pretty good spring for Patty W. 4 points in 6 playoff games, then that big goal, and obviously the gold medal. I realize he's likely to get traded, but he's come a long way, IMO.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:21 am

    tim1_2 wrote:The Sens signed Lindberg to an entry-level contract.

    So much for the Vermette rumours.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:05 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:The Sens signed Lindberg to an entry-level contract.

    So much for the Vermette rumours.

    How many times can Murray miss the boat?
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:19 pm

    I personally enjoy watching ex sens players win the cup. I really wish Alfoe could of won one somewhere.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13128
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:20 pm

    Except for heatley. I would of not enjoyed watching him win a cup. Ever. I'm on the fence about how I would feel about spezza winning one. Although what are the chances of that ever happening. Sarcasm
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54432
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:23 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:21 for 5 years?  Something like that perhaps

    Sounds somewhat reasonable.  I'm guessing he'll take pretty much the longest one he can get.

    Yeah, I thought the same. The longer the better at 32. 5 mil for 3 years, then 3 mill for years 4 and 5.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10065
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by spader on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:29 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:I personally enjoy watching ex sens players win the cup. I really wish Alfoe could of won one somewhere.

    Agreed. FWIW I'd rather see an ex-Sen lift the Cup than see them leave the Sens for other leagues. There's nothing wrong with ex-players finding success elsewhere. The Vermette trade was made to fill a need at the time. Nothing wrong with that.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:57 pm

    Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
    I've heard from multiple sources that Murray may have been given permission to spend to the Cap limit this season.

    Should be interesting to see what we do this off season, if true.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54432
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:01 pm

    Ev wrote:Originally Posted by benjiv1  View Post
    I've heard from multiple sources that Murray may have been given permission to spend to the Cap limit this season.

    Should be interesting to see what we do this off season, if true.

    He also called the Lindberg signing, saying someone was being signed this week, likely today, so he's in the loop.

    To the cap...hmmm... Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16331
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:04 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:I personally enjoy watching ex sens players win the cup. I really wish Alfoe could of won one somewhere.

    That moment when The Alfie hoists the Cup as part of the Sens management team will be pretty sweet though.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54432
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:05 pm

    I've said many, many times that we couldn't avoid spending to the cap, but it's still nice to see an inside source confirm that we have some real wiggle room here.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54432
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:06 pm

    Vermette had a clutch playoffs, especially in the later rounds. Want.
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by rooneypoo on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:11 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:Vermette had a clutch playoffs, especially in the later rounds.  Want.

    Meh, I don't know that he fits our needs. I think he'd walk back into the same situation he walked out of -- a tweener with neither of the top 2 C spots open to him. If we're going to shell out money, I'd hope we're doing it in a more targeted way. To me, that means a top 6 or 9 scoring winger or a top 4 RH D.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54432
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:15 pm

    rooneypoo wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Vermette had a clutch playoffs, especially in the later rounds.  Want.

    Meh, I don't know that he fits our needs. I think he'd walk back into the same situation he walked out of -- a tweener with neither of the top 2 C spots open to him. If we're going to shell out money, I'd hope we're doing it in a more targeted way. To me, that means a top 6 or 9 scoring winger or a top 4 RH D.

    Yeah, but now it's a true top 9 we're working to fill out, so we're talking more about a 3rd line winger who can also take draws at a staggeringly high %. So you have your choice of either him or Pageau taking the draw. Plus, I think he still has pop in his stick. I think he can get to 20 goals again.

    Plus...and most importantly, he's a friggin great guy and apparently everyone in Ottawa loved him.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 am