You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Other Sports Talk » Football - Euro and NA » FIFA busted for corruption

FIFA busted for corruption

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16FIFA busted for corruption - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA busted for corruption on Fri May 29, 2015 1:42 pm

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:Who's this Seth Bladder everyone keeps talking about?

Well, whoever he is, he just got re-elected to whatever position he was already in.

17FIFA busted for corruption - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA busted for corruption on Fri May 29, 2015 7:18 pm

Hoags


All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Who's this Seth Bladder everyone keeps talking about?

Well, whoever he is, he just got re-elected to whatever position he was already in.

President of FIFA for the last two decades or so.

The fact that he got re-elected shows just how corrupt the whole organization really is.

FIFA busted for corruption - Page 2 HMXdkSC

He's the guy at the top and he had no idea what was going on Laughing3

Can we say Dung ?

18FIFA busted for corruption - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA busted for corruption on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:05 pm

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I heard on the radio there would be a "Seth Bladder" update. I google "Seth Bladder" and get nothing. Anyone know what the hubbub is all about?

Thanks in advance!

19FIFA busted for corruption - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA busted for corruption on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:27 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Kind of weird to run in an election, get re-elected, then resign within a week of the election. Of course, I don't follow FIFA very much.

20FIFA busted for corruption - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA busted for corruption on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:01 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Resign before getting arrested and hope everyone forgets about you.

21FIFA busted for corruption - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA busted for corruption on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:11 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Resign before getting arrested and hope everyone forgets about you.

He's staying under the radar so far. No one seems to have ever heard of Seth Bladder. Not even the internet.

22FIFA busted for corruption - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA busted for corruption on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:Kind of weird to run in an election, get re-elected, then resign within a week of the election. Of course, I don't follow FIFA very much.

After he got re-elected pressure from sponsors and within FIFA probably forced his hand. I know VISA came out and said they'd pull out if things didn't change. Re-electing Blatter isn't exactly a change.

Other sponsors didn't publicly say much either but probably behind closed doors.

Finally the Feds probably have more dirt on him now, it was only a matter of time.

I'm sure he can see the writing on the wall. I think Russia more or less indicated they'd offer him a job lol.

Watch him hide in Russia and avoid prison like Snowden.

23FIFA busted for corruption - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA busted for corruption on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:38 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:Kind of weird to run in an election, get re-elected, then resign within a week of the election. Of course, I don't follow FIFA very much.

After he got re-elected pressure from sponsors and within FIFA probably forced his hand.  I know VISA came out and said they'd pull out if things didn't change.  Re-electing Blatter isn't exactly a change.

Other sponsors didn't publicly say much either but probably behind closed doors.

Finally the Feds probably have more dirt on him now, it was only a matter of time.  

I'm sure he can see the writing on the wall.  I think Russia more or less indicated they'd offer him a job lol.

Watch him hide in Russia and avoid prison like Snowden.

I don't want to open a can of worms, but what an unusual comparison to make.

24FIFA busted for corruption - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA busted for corruption on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:40 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
I don't want to open a can of worms, but what an unusual comparison to make.

Both going to Russia, a country with no extradition treaty with the US.

The similarity ends there.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum