GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

spader


All-Star
All-Star
Shawn Matthias is expected to test the UFA waters. He's an interesting under-the-radar kind of guy for a top-9 spot. Hmmm

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Anderson for Jaskin would be pretty solid but again you need to fit a forward into an already crowded lineup. There needs to be more out the door than just a goalie.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Solid move. Young Condra is a solid checker.

He may be young but is he hungry? You have to be both to crack this lineup!

He's got no front teeth so hard to bite off more than he can chew.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I've heard he skipped a couple meals just to make sure the hungry portion was met as well.

This guy gets it!!

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
When can teams start making trades? I understand that minor league trades can happen now, but when can players on one-way NHL contracts be traded?

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
NEELY wrote:Anderson for Jaskin would be pretty solid but again you need to fit a forward into an already crowded lineup.  There needs to be more out the door than just a goalie.

Ya, we definitely have to look at 2 for 1's all summer

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:When can teams start making trades? I understand that minor league trades can happen now, but when can players on one-way NHL contracts be traded?

you can trade players 24/7, 365 days a year (except Christmas time)

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:When can teams start making trades? I understand that minor league trades can happen now, but when can players on one-way NHL contracts be traded?

I'm guessing anytime because the deadline only applies if you want the player you acquire to be eligible for the playoffs.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
SeawaySensFan wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:When can teams start making trades? I understand that minor league trades can happen now, but when can players on one-way NHL contracts be traded?

I'm guessing anytime because the deadline only applies if you want the player you acquire to be eligible for the playoffs.

Hmmm, well I mean you couldn't trade players after the trade deadline so I guess I was wondering when you can start trading players? Anyway, your answer makes sense I guess.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:When can teams start making trades? I understand that minor league trades can happen now, but when can players on one-way NHL contracts be traded?

I'm guessing anytime because the deadline only applies if you want the player you acquire to be eligible for the playoffs.

Hmmm, well I mean you couldn't trade players after the trade deadline so I guess I was wondering when you can start trading players? Anyway, your answer makes sense I guess.

You can trade players after the deadline. The players dealt would have to sit out for the playoffs if you got in.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Hhh10

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The hilarious thing about the goaltending trade is that whoever we end up keeping, Murray can say "we kept the guy we had rated higher".

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
LeCaptain wrote:Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Hhh10
I like that last comment but I don't like it also.
I don't trust their rating but I like that they aren't just leaving it to best offer. I think they are looking at the now and not the future.Lehner is the likely one that gets traded and that's too bad.

I just hope it's not a second round pick coming our way. I want a true bonafied top 6 LW. Make it happen Murray!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The assistant coaches haven't been confirmed for next season yet.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:The assistant coaches haven't been confirmed for next season yet.

#Alfieonthejob. Sarcasm


I doubt it. I think he ends up working in player development if you ask me. His great work ethic and the way he played make him perfect for that type of a role. Would you like anyone else to be looking over young players that has that much weight and start power in the org? Perfect.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Gryba is a pretty easy piece to move and truth be told, he is what he is. Ottawa needs a puck mover on that last pairing and Wideman could very easily be that guy. They put years into his development, he's dominated the AHL, and he's ready for a shot in the show, it would be stupid to let him just walk.

Gryba you might only get a 4th or 5th round pick next year but getting 2 plus seasons out of a 3rd rounder and fairly successful ones at that and that's probably good. A place like Colorado or Edmonton are obvious landing spots again.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Hhh10
I like that last comment but I don't like it also.
I don't trust their rating but I like that they aren't just leaving it to best offer. I think they are looking at the now and not the future.Lehner is the likely one that gets traded and that's too bad.

I just hope it's not a second round pick coming our way. I want a  true bonafied top 6 LW. Make it happen Murray!

Ya I want value coming back. Not a pick and a salary dump.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
There is value in dumping the salary if they use it to bring in a good UFA, it would be jsut like trading for one.
Say they use Legwand and Greening's money to give Williams a 3, 4 year deal to help a young team out? To me that's worth taking a lesser draft pick in a trade for Lehner then getting the 16th or w/e else.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum