Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by NEELY on Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:56 pm

So played a little early morning hockey with someone over the past few days who will remain nameless but he's a Sen somewhere in the organization.

Trade Lehner ASAP, they hate him.  Called him a fat and lazy professional.  Team wants little to nothing to do with him.  A 2nd rounder is fine. He also hinted he milked his concussion for all it was worth and the team just added that to the list of reasons they can't stand him.

Ev will like this little tidbit but long term thinking is Wikstrand and Ceci as a pairing.  They hope to have that pairing in full swing by the end of next year if all things go correctly, worst case to start off the 16/17 season.  They absolutely LOVE Wikstrand.

I have no idea what management is going to do in terms of who they move or who they obtain but that's what I got.

My opinion on Lehner is obviously not what it once was.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21017
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:05 pm

What reason would he have to milf his concussion? I'm not saying that's not true but why would he do that, and Anderson did the same thing with his injuries as well. Anyways, a 2nd is not enough for Lehner, that's what we gave up for an AHL goalie in Bishop.

Not surprised about Wikstrand. Friedman said during the year that they want him playing this year. And Dorion said he was the best drafted d-man outside of the NHL

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13356
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:15 pm

NEELY wrote:So played a little early morning hockey with someone over the past few days who will remain nameless but he's a Sen somewhere in the organization.

Trade Lehner ASAP, they hate him.  Called him a fat and lazy professional.  Team wants little to nothing to do with him.  A 2nd rounder is fine.  He also hinted he milked his concussion for all it was worth and the team just added that to the list of reasons they can't stand him.

Ev will like this little tidbit but long term thinking is Wikstrand and Ceci as a pairing.  They hope to have that pairing in full swing by the end of next year if all things go correctly, worst case to start off the 16/17 season.  They absolutely LOVE Wikstrand.

I have no idea what management is going to do in terms of who they move or who they obtain but that's what I got.

Could you provide us with more? Like is it his lifestyle that they aren't pleased with? I know there was the junk food issue in bingo some years ago.
    Of course with that kind of info you have to factor that in. You also have to think there are ways to motivate proffesional athletes. He might have been sore about how he's been handled by PMac for a few years but that doesn't make it a right.
    I still hope that if he's moved its out west. I'd take my time with this anyhow. You move him for the right deal. If it's not by the draft then you wait. You want a return and listening even to dorion you know those picks are harder to get right before the draft. If you want a first to be part of a bigger return then you might wait till right after the draft.

I still see a Bigger move.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2032
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:23 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    NEELY wrote:So played a little early morning hockey with someone over the past few days who will remain nameless but he's a Sen somewhere in the organization.

Trade Lehner ASAP, they hate him.  Called him a fat and lazy professional.  Team wants little to nothing to do with him.  A 2nd rounder is fine.  He also hinted he milked his concussion for all it was worth and the team just added that to the list of reasons they can't stand him.

Could you provide us with more? Like is it his lifestyle that they aren't pleased with? I know there was the junk food issue in bingo some years ago.
    Of course with that kind of info you have to factor that in. You also have to think there are ways to motivate proffesional athletes. He might have been sore about how he's been handled by PMac for a few years but that doesn't make it a right.
    I still hope that if he's moved its out west. I'd take my time with this anyhow. You move him for the right deal. If it's not by the draft then you wait. You want a return and listening even to dorion you know those picks are harder to get right before the draft. If you want a first to be part of a bigger return then you might wait till right after the draft.

He blew up at the media once because he thought they thought he wasn't playing well since having a baby. No one in the media said a thing about it. Guy is a hot head and I am not surprised by these comments at all.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48303
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:59 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:I enjoy immensely the Gee-Jay-Pee contract.

Facepalm

It's French, ya ignoramus.

No, it's Jay-Gee.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:59 pm

Ev wrote:wow I checked twitter today and there are still so many dumb writers and people commenting on the Sens. All they care about is the 3rd and 4th liners and what they make and they still are s'ing Condra and Hoffman's D like no other

Umm, what?

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:02 pm

Ev wrote:What reason would he have to milf his concussion? I'm not saying that's not true but why would he do that, and Anderson did the same thing with his injuries as well. Anyways, a 2nd is not enough for Lehner, that's what we gave up for an AHL goalie in Bishop.

Not surprised about Wikstrand. Friedman said during the year that they want him playing this year. And Dorion said he was the best drafted d-man outside of the NHL

You've got to edit your auto-correct dictionary.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:21 pm

wprager wrote:
    Ev wrote:What reason would he have to milf his concussion? I'm not saying that's not true but why would he do that, and Anderson did the same thing with his injuries as well. Anyways, a 2nd is not enough for Lehner, that's what we gave up for an AHL goalie in Bishop.

my bad, I was looking up your wife on linkedin
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:54 pm

Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:

Umm, yeah, pretty sure she's not on linked in, and also pretty sure milf is not a skillset that's often mentioned there, either.

rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 7429
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

Post by rooneypoo on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:04 pm

wprager wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:

Umm, yeah, pretty sure she's not on linked in, and also pretty sure milf is not a skillset that's often mentioned there, either.

It's like having a conversation with an automaton. Pick up your dictionary and look up any of the following terms: "joke," "gag," "lark," "prank," "wisecrack," "gambol," "raillery," or "witticism." Then Ev's comment will make more sense.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16498
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:30 pm

tumbleweed

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Flo The Action wrote:

I'm not going to get more, no. All I can tell you is what I just told you and Lehner apparently is a book of excuses and has a real large sense of entitlement. That's all I know, I shared it with you and everyone else. He's not well liked, not even close to respected, don't care if he becomes the best goaltender of all time, that kind of stuff is cancerous in sports.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:49 pm

Again, apparently it's just a book of excuses with the guy from being out of shape to not being ready to play. The team does not like him and that's reason enough to move him. If it's only a 2nd so be it, I have always maintained it's team before all else and this is one of those cases. Same level as Spezza, same level as Heatley, just not as established.

As for Wikstrand, yah, the team loves him, head over heals. Wiercioch will be moved IMO after hearing that and they will be patient with Cowen. That part is a guess.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:52 pm

Also anyone thinking Phillips won't give it one last go, he's going to.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Anyone who thought Phillips wouldn't play this year is kidding themselves lol. Nobody walks away from. Guaranteed cash
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Looks like I was right on Lehner. Never been a fan.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:52 pm

Lehner, Puempel, and 1st for Sharp
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Ev wrote:Lehner, Puempel, and 1st for Sharp

Source.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:42 pm