You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
It's good to see that arbitration isn't over inflating contracts as well. You might see a few more contracts head that way now.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
wprager wrote:Hoffman's asking $3.8M, Sens coming in at $2M.

We'll assume this is the right info, it's pretty clear that Hoffman is going to sign for around 3 mil either on a 1 or 3 year deal. 2 years makes no sense for the Sens.

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Simpson tweeted that.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Simpson tweeted that.

Read his tweets again. They are just guesses on his part in reply to a guy who asked him.

Simpson has zero connections with the Sens. We will only know the numbers once they are public.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
I guess we'll find out if he's right in a few days.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
And he's a former player and executive in this league so he's not totally disconnected.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Not saying he's in Bobby Mac's league but Bobby is on vacation right now, anyway.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:And he's a former player and executive in this league so he's not totally disconnected.  

When it comes to the sens he has zero connections because they all hate his guts.

Whenever they have interviews with the sens staff , Simpson stays quiet because they are sick of him.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Hoffman's asking $3.8M, Sens coming in at $2M.

Even 3.8 isn't completely insane for Hoffman's production. Obviously, we all want to see a cheaper deal.

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Hoffman's asking $3.8M, Sens coming in at $2M.

Even 3.8 isn't completely insane for Hoffman's production. Obviously, we all want to see a cheaper deal.

Agreed. If he was asking for $5M, I'd be Suspect , but $3.8 is actually fairly reasonable, but it would be nice if he came in under $3M. If he repeats, he'll get a serious payday in a year or two.

rooneypoo

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Hoffman's asking $3.8M, Sens coming in at $2M.

Even 3.8 isn't completely insane for Hoffman's production. Obviously, we all want to see a cheaper deal.

Agreed. If he was asking for $5M, I'd be Suspect , but $3.8 is actually fairly reasonable, but it would be nice if he came in under $3M. If he repeats, he'll get a serious payday in a year or two.

I actually don't mind if it comes down to a $4+ mil / 1 year deal with Hoffman. With that kind of money, DC will be forced to give him more opportunities to produce. And then we can find out what kind of player he really is.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Hoffman's asking $3.8M, Sens coming in at $2M.

Even 3.8 isn't completely insane for Hoffman's production. Obviously, we all want to see a cheaper deal.

Agreed. If he was asking for $5M, I'd be Suspect , but $3.8 is actually fairly reasonable, but it would be nice if he came in under $3M. If he repeats, he'll get a serious payday in a year or two.

I actually don't mind if it comes down to a $4+ mil / 1 year deal with Hoffman. With that kind of money, DC will be forced to give him more opportunities to produce. And then we can find out what kind of player he really is.
That's actually a good point. Put him in a position to see if he can succeed and we will see what we have. As it stands he's probably going to be our 1st or second line LW. (Depending who you are calling the 1st line). Not optimal but ok. I don't see this team contending next year seriously. Sure the sights are on making the playoffs but we are still building this team. It be good to see what Hoffman can contribute.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:And he's a former player and executive in this league so he's not totally disconnected.  

When it comes to the sens he has zero connections because they all hate his guts.

Whenever they have interviews with the sens staff , Simpson stays quiet because they are sick of him.
He's just an agent provocateur. Dung disturber. I wouldn't think he's connected to the sens. If anything he's just there to make sure there's someone for the other media to argue with in Ottawa.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoffman updates?

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Hoffman's asking $3.8M, Sens coming in at $2M.

Even 3.8 isn't completely insane for Hoffman's production. Obviously, we all want to see a cheaper deal.

Agreed. If he was asking for $5M, I'd be Suspect , but $3.8 is actually fairly reasonable, but it would be nice if he came in under $3M. If he repeats, he'll get a serious payday in a year or two.

I actually don't mind if it comes down to a $4+ mil / 1 year deal with Hoffman. With that kind of money, DC will be forced to give him more opportunities to produce. And then we can find out what kind of player he really is.

I'm not convinced that's a thing. I really don't think Murray orders his HC to play certain people according to their pay scale. It's certainly possible, but I really think that there's a level of removal between the HC and a player's caphit.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Definitely would be pressure to do so. In the form of players on two-ways possibly being sent down to Bingo.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:Hoffman updates?

He's no David Hasselhoff...Man


_________________
"A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Hoffman updates?

He's no David Hasselhoff...Man

So much for the Sens developing a German fanbase.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum