Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Share

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48298
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:43 pm

    Definitely would be pressure to do so. In the form of players on two-ways possibly being sent down to Bingo.

    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:02 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:Hoffman updates?

    He's no David Hasselhoff...Man

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:48 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:Hoffman updates?

    He's no David Hasselhoff...Man

    So much for the Sens developing a German fanbase.

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2032
    Age : 88
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:28 pm

    spader wrote:
    rooneypoo wrote:
    spader wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:Hoffman's asking $3.8M, Sens coming in at $2M.

    Even 3.8 isn't completely insane for Hoffman's production. Obviously, we all want to see a cheaper deal.

    Agreed. If he was asking for $5M, I'd be Suspect , but $3.8 is actually fairly reasonable, but it would be nice if he came in under $3M. If he repeats, he'll get a serious payday in a year or two.

    I actually don't mind if it comes down to a $4+ mil / 1 year deal with Hoffman. With that kind of money, DC will be forced to give him more opportunities to produce. And then we can find out what kind of player he really is.

    I'm not convinced that's a thing. I really don't think Murray orders his HC to play certain people according to their pay scale. It's certainly possible, but I really think that there's a level of removal between the HC and a player's caphit.

    I'm guessing one year, $3.25M. He scores 25 goals and Ottawa signs him to a 4 x $4M per contract. I think he'll elevate the play of Zib and Ryan as well. Ryan will return to 25-30 G as well this year.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by NEELY on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:53 pm

    I don't even think it gets to arbitration, they will probably sign a 3 year deal close to what Stone got, maybe a little less, and then just move on. Hoffman deserves a little more respect than Chaisson and I'm not that big of a fan.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by spader on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:54 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:Hoffman updates?

    He's no David Hasselhoff...Man

    So much for the Sens developing a German fanbase.

    They tried that, but Heatley turned out to be a Heatbag.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48298
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:20 pm

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    I'm guessing one year, $3.25M. He scores 25 goals and Ottawa signs him to a 4 x $4M per contract. I think he'll elevate the play of Zib and Ryan as well. Ryan will return to 25-30 G as well this year.

    Hoffman is not a puck distributor. I doubt he will elevate Ryan's goal production.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48298
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:25 pm

    NEELY wrote:I don't even think it gets to arbitration, they will probably sign a 3 year deal close to what Stone got, maybe a little less, and then just move on. Hoffman deserves a little more respect than Chaisson and I'm not that big of a fan.

    Still, everyone thinks it'll go to arbitration.

    If I was Hoffman, I'd certainly not want to take a discount. Doesn't look like Cameron has confidence in him (despite his good +/-) so he's not likely to get the minutes or the linemates to have a chance to repeat (I assume that's what it will take, as his PDO *will* regress).


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2032
    Age : 88
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:25 pm

    wprager wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    I'm guessing one year, $3.25M. He scores 25 goals and Ottawa signs him to a 4 x $4M per contract. I think he'll elevate the play of Zib and Ryan as well. Ryan will return to 25-30 G as well this year.

    Hoffman is not a puck distributor. I doubt he will elevate Ryan's goal production.

    Will take defensive pressure off of Ryan

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by NEELY on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:33 pm

    wprager wrote:
    NEELY wrote:I don't even think it gets to arbitration, they will probably sign a 3 year deal close to what Stone got, maybe a little less, and then just move on. Hoffman deserves a little more respect than Chaisson and I'm not that big of a fan.

    Still, everyone thinks it'll go to arbitration.

    If I was Hoffman, I'd certainly not want to take a discount. Doesn't look like Cameron has confidence in him (despite his good +/-) so he's not likely to get the minutes or the linemates to have a chance to repeat (I assume that's what it will take, as his PDO *will* regress).

    We'll see, Chaisson was an exception going to arbitration, not the rule.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:40 am

    wprager wrote:Hoffman's asking $3.8M, Sens coming in at $2M.


    Tim Wharnsby
    ‏@TimWharnsby

    #Sens Mike Hoffman salary arbitration
    Club offer: $1.75m
    Player asking: $3.4m


    Close but WRONG, as usual.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21010
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:46 am

    He will get $3 in arb.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48298
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:10 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:Hoffman's asking $3.8M, Sens coming in at $2M.


    Tim Wharnsby
    ‏@TimWharnsby

    #Sens Mike Hoffman salary arbitration
    Club offer: $1.75m
    Player asking: $3.4m


    Close but WRONG, as usual.

    You must be talking about Simmer as I only repeated what he tweeted.

    $3.4M sounds very reasonable, I'd interpret this as him wanting to stay and not just try to make the most $$$ he can.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:14 am

    wprager wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:Hoffman's asking $3.8M, Sens coming in at $2M.


    Tim Wharnsby
    ‏@TimWharnsby

    #Sens Mike Hoffman salary arbitration
    Club offer: $1.75m
    Player asking: $3.4m


    Close but WRONG, as usual.

    You must be talking about Simmer as I only repeated what he tweeted.

    $3.4M sounds very reasonable, I'd interpret this as him wanting to stay and not just try to make the most $$$ he can.

    Sure. I feel fine saying that The Hockey Simmer is WRONG!!!!
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21010
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Ev on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:23 am

    wprager wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:Hoffman's asking $3.8M, Sens coming in at $2M.


    Tim Wharnsby
    ‏@TimWharnsby

    #Sens Mike Hoffman salary arbitration
    Club offer: $1.75m
    Player asking: $3.4m


    Close but WRONG, as usual.

    You must be talking about Simmer as I only repeated what he tweeted.

    $3.4M sounds very reasonable, I'd interpret this as him wanting to stay and not just try to make the most $$$ he can.
    as I told you, he wasn't tweeting facts, he was predicting/guessing
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13344
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:03 pm

    If those figures are accurate I find it hard to believe they cannot come to an agreement.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16491
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:07 pm

    I honestly think a one year deal makes sense for both sides. You'd think they'd be able to come to a $2.8Mish compromise before arbitration, but who knows.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54629
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:23 pm

    Just give him 3 mil for one year. Who cares? He'll likely earn it as he has filthy skills and speed to burn. Let's do it.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:31 am