You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Definitely would be pressure to do so. In the form of players on two-ways possibly being sent down to Bingo.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:Hoffman updates?

He's no David Hasselhoff...Man

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

So much for the Sens developing a German fanbase.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
spader wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Hoffman's asking $3.8M, Sens coming in at $2M.

Even 3.8 isn't completely insane for Hoffman's production. Obviously, we all want to see a cheaper deal.

Agreed. If he was asking for $5M, I'd be Suspect , but $3.8 is actually fairly reasonable, but it would be nice if he came in under $3M. If he repeats, he'll get a serious payday in a year or two.

I actually don't mind if it comes down to a $4+ mil / 1 year deal with Hoffman. With that kind of money, DC will be forced to give him more opportunities to produce. And then we can find out what kind of player he really is.

I'm not convinced that's a thing. I really don't think Murray orders his HC to play certain people according to their pay scale. It's certainly possible, but I really think that there's a level of removal between the HC and a player's caphit.

I'm guessing one year, $3.25M. He scores 25 goals and Ottawa signs him to a 4 x $4M per contract. I think he'll elevate the play of Zib and Ryan as well. Ryan will return to 25-30 G as well this year.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
I don't even think it gets to arbitration, they will probably sign a 3 year deal close to what Stone got, maybe a little less, and then just move on. Hoffman deserves a little more respect than Chaisson and I'm not that big of a fan.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

So much for the Sens developing a German fanbase.

They tried that, but Heatley turned out to be a Heatbag.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
I'm guessing one year, $3.25M. He scores 25 goals and Ottawa signs him to a 4 x $4M per contract. I think he'll elevate the play of Zib and Ryan as well. Ryan will return to 25-30 G as well this year.

Hoffman is not a puck distributor. I doubt he will elevate Ryan's goal production.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:I don't even think it gets to arbitration, they will probably sign a 3 year deal close to what Stone got, maybe a little less, and then just move on.  Hoffman deserves a little more respect than Chaisson and I'm not that big of a fan.

Still, everyone thinks it'll go to arbitration.

If I was Hoffman, I'd certainly not want to take a discount. Doesn't look like Cameron has confidence in him (despite his good +/-) so he's not likely to get the minutes or the linemates to have a chance to repeat (I assume that's what it will take, as his PDO *will* regress).

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Hoffman is not a puck distributor.  I doubt he will elevate Ryan's goal production.

Will take defensive pressure off of Ryan

NEELY

Mod
Mod
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:I don't even think it gets to arbitration, they will probably sign a 3 year deal close to what Stone got, maybe a little less, and then just move on.  Hoffman deserves a little more respect than Chaisson and I'm not that big of a fan.

Still, everyone thinks it'll go to arbitration.

If I was Hoffman, I'd certainly not want to take a discount.  Doesn't look like Cameron has confidence in him (despite his good +/-) so he's not likely to get the minutes or the linemates to have a chance to repeat (I assume that's what it will take, as his PDO *will* regress).

We'll see, Chaisson was an exception going to arbitration, not the rule.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tim Wharnsby
‏@TimWharnsby

#Sens Mike Hoffman salary arbitration
Club offer: $1.75m
Player asking: $3.4m

Close but WRONG, as usual.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He will get $3 in arb.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Tim Wharnsby
‏@TimWharnsby

You must be talking about Simmer as I only repeated what he tweeted.

$3.4M sounds very reasonable, I'd interpret this as him wanting to stay and not just try to make the most $$$ he can.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Tim Wharnsby
‏@TimWharnsby

$3.4M sounds very reasonable, I'd interpret this as him wanting to stay and not just try to make the most $$$ he can.

Sure. I feel fine saying that The Hockey Simmer is WRONG!!!!

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Tim Wharnsby
‏@TimWharnsby

as I told you, he wasn't tweeting facts, he was predicting/guessing

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
If those figures are accurate I find it hard to believe they cannot come to an agreement.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I honestly think a one year deal makes sense for both sides. You'd think they'd be able to come to a $2.8Mish compromise before arbitration, but who knows.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Just give him 3 mil for one year. Who cares? He'll likely earn it as he has filthy skills and speed to burn. Let's do it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum