General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47523
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:39 am

Ev wrote:Two straight years Bishop is injured in the playoffs. That body will not hold up.

Can say the same for Price.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54137
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:27 pm

Ev wrote:Two straight years Bishop is injured in the playoffs. That body will not hold up.

That much I'll agree with. He's always getting hurt or getting boo boos. He won't hold up.

He's pretty clutch though. If Tampa had been able to find some offence in the Finals, they would have won.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:10 am

With a muscle tear I wonder why they didn't put Vasilevsky in? Not that they necessarily lost because Bishop couldn't go to the left but that's exactly what happened on Kane's insurance goal, and there was another in G5 that was similar. But the bottom line is that this highest scoring NHL team just couldn't buy a goal. Johnson had an excuse (although I don't remember Subban dressing for the Bolts). Where was Stamkos?

They could resurrect those "Seen Stamkos?" ads but with a totally different slant.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20698
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:30 am

SpezDispensed wrote:

That much I'll agree with. He's always getting hurt or getting boo boos. He won't hold up.

He's pretty clutch though. If Tampa had been able to find some offence in the Finals, they would have won.

lol basically, if they scored more goals than Chicago, they would have won? Sarcasm
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:05 am

Ev wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:

lol basically, if they scored more goals than Chicago, they would have won? Sarcasm

They scored 1 goal in the last two games.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:42 am

wprager wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:

They scored 1 goal in the last two games.

Clearly this was what I meant. Couldn't score when the chips were down, otherwise Tampa had the goaltending to win
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:56 am

So, I fully recognize that we're all tired of hearing how every available player is a lock to go to the Leafs, but I have a question.

Does anyone else think that E Staal to the Leafs might be a thing? He's older than the players they should be targeting, and the Leafs don't really have the right pieces for a trade. I get that. Still, I wonder if there might be an out-of-left-field trade there.

If so, I hope it destroys both franchises. The Leafs because they're the worst, and the Canes because I've hated them since the Gerber days.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16166
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:41 am

I don't think the Leafs new management is dumb enough to trade for Eric Staal.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24742
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:57 am

spader wrote:So, I fully recognize that we're all tired of hearing how every available player is a lock to go to the Leafs, but I have a question.

Does anyone else think that E Staal to the Leafs might be a thing? He's older than the players they should be targeting, and the Leafs don't really have the right pieces for a trade. I get that. Still, I wonder if there might be an out-of-left-field trade there.

If so, I hope it destroys both franchises. The Leafs because they're the worst, and the Canes because I've hated them since the Gerber days.

Tons of stuff can happen. I seriously think the Pens and Canes might do something around Malkin and Staal but we'll see.

The Leafs are a Dung show and the empty suit running the show will only make it worse or, at best, not make it any better. Enjoy.

Furthermore, Bernier's wife tweeted some cryptic remarks that indicate he won't be back with the Leafs.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 am

tim1_2 wrote:I don't think the Leafs new management is dumb enough to trade for Eric Staal.

Are you new to hockey?

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16166
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:55 am

wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:I don't think the Leafs new management is dumb enough to trade for Eric Staal.

Are you new to hockey?

Compared to you, I think we're all new.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12773
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:01 pm

I don't see the leafs going after staal although that would be a total leafs move where they sacrifice the rebuild for a quick move. I don't see them doing that in this short term. Maybe a few years from now when they get false hopes under Babcock. But for the moment rite now they are committed to the rebuild.

I hope they keep Bernier. I don't want any team softening the market more than it is.

Staal will likely get moved if they don't come to terms with a new contract. They will not lose him for nothing. book it.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:30 pm

Matt Cooke on waivers. End of the line I would imagine for this piece of Dung.

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1800
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:52 pm

Flo The Action wrote:I don't see the leafs going after staal although that would be a total leafs move where they sacrifice the rebuild for a quick move. I don't see them doing that in this short term. Maybe a few years from now when they get false hopes under Babcock. But for the moment rite now they are committed to the rebuild.

I hope they keep Bernier. I don't want any team softening the market more than it is.

Staal will likely get moved if they don't come to terms with a new contract. They will not lose him for nothing. book it.

I remember the all-star game in Carolina where Kessel went last overall in the player draft. Staal was very anti-Toronto. He made quite a few snide remarks about it being the center of the universe. Even though he was probably a Leafs fan growing up, he may not want to play there.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:22 pm

SpezDispensed wrote:Matt Cooke on waivers. End of the line I would imagine for this piece of Dung.

Melnyk will insist that Murray picks him up so that he can personally end his career. Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:18 pm